Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Skilled Worker / Independent Immigration
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Working Holiday Visa seeking Permanent Residency
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Working Holiday Visa seeking Permanent Residency

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreamMagii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Working Holiday Visa seeking Permanent Residency
    Posted: 12 Jul 2012 at 5:07pm
Hi folks,

Just before my 30th bday i arrived here in Van on my 2 year working holiday visa. Ive been here now for 5 months, and have found a good admin job, and just love it alot here, and am now taking the next step into PR applications. I have reviewed the CIC website at length, and to be honest, am confused which is the best PR path for me to take (eg. BC PNP, skilled experience class etc.).

So because this is important to me, ive decided to have 1 consultation with a immigration lawyer or agent to get the low down, and then do the application myself.

Can anyone please help with recommending a reliable yet economically priced immi consultant/lawyer local in Vancouver?

Thanks in advance.

Dream.
canvis2006 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canvis2006 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2012 at 6:30pm
Richard Kurland is based in Vancouver. Google his info.

Secondly, for permanent residence, you must qualify under one of the immigration programs currently run by CIC.
Note the Skilled worker program is in process of being overhauled, changed, etc. Not even sure if CIC is taking any applications.

Your better chance would be trying under the CEC(Canadian Experience Class), but you would need to qualify for that, the details are on CIC website. I doubt if 5 months of experience is useful at all for you.

Admin profession is not in the skill shortage anywhere, you've been lucky to come to Canada under the working holiday.

Even the lawyer will do the same assessment which you can do yourself on CIC website, just takes a bit of reading.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic