Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A few general and Quebec related questions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JuleG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A few general and Quebec related questions
    Posted: 18 Nov 2010 at 8:17pm
hi,

my canadian partner, our son and i live together in mtl. he is working. i am officially tourist and taking care of our child at home. my partner is going to sponsor me (in-canada process), but the more we get through all the documents the more questions we (I) have. sorry, some questions may seem stupid to you. i tried to find answers. on the official website and on forums, ... but maybe they are too specific or stupid to be asked.

for example:

- which documents do we have to send to which authority exactly? at page 10 of the residency application guide they say we have first to send them to the cpc-v which will then notify the micc and transfer our application to them. in the same time they will advise us what to send to the micc. a few lines later they say that we can send our application directly to the micc. also, the document list for quebec does not contain the PR application for the applicant, though it is stated on the checklist. i am confused

- does our child count as my dependent child? from our understanding we do not have to sponsor him as he is canadian cizien by birth (since his father is canadian born in canada; even if our child was born in germany). But on the checklist, one document i have to provide is the canadian cizizenship certificate, so i am not quite sure

- is it sufficient to stay a tourist and to extend my tourist status after 6 months or do i have to apply for temporary residence?

- i read in the instruction guide that for in-canada application it is not advised for the applicants to leave the country meanwhile. leaving and being refused to reenter could put the whole application process at risk. but as the inland process takes much longer i will have to leave and to reenter in order to renew my tourist status (after it has already been extended once). but honestly, why should i, as a tourist, be refused to reenter to canada? do you think there is any risk?

- what do they mean by "indication of status in Canda" on the checklist? how can i prove that i am a visitor/tourist. according to my flight ticket i am not supposed to be here any more. and except from the stamp in my passport (only indicates the date of the arrival date) i have no other document to prove my status.

i guess that is all for now. would be happy to get some answers.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic