Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Preserving Permanent Residence Status
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Having a Canadian child helps your status

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zxsix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Having a Canadian child helps your status
    Posted: 20 Sep 2012 at 2:14pm
Hi: Does having a Canadian child in Canada with a Canadian citizen help someone attain PR status? I'm in a situation where a women is convinced of this and is looking to have one for a friend of mine. Does this help? Or is she misled? 

All help is appreciated,
Zx.
pmm View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2012 at 2:59pm
Hi

Originally posted by zxsix zxsix wrote:

Hi: Does having a Canadian child in Canada with a Canadian citizen help someone attain PR status? I'm in a situation where a women is convinced of this and is looking to have one for a friend of mine. Does this help? Or is she misled? 
All help is appreciated,
Zx.

Nope, no unless she is either married or in a common/law relationship for a year and the father sponsors her.
PMM
zxsix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zxsix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2012 at 3:05pm
Originally posted by pmm pmm wrote:

Hi

All help is appreciated,
Zx.

Nope, no unless she is either married or in a common/law relationship for a year and the father sponsors her.

Does she have to be in a common/law relationship with the father?
zxsix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zxsix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2012 at 3:13pm
And is there somewhere I can find more information on this that you can point me to?
pmm View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2012 at 7:19pm
Hi

And is there somewhere I can find more information on this that you can point me to?

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/spouse.asp
PMM
chudir bhai View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chudir bhai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2012 at 3:50am

All help is appreciated,
Zx.

why are you asking this question in this forum? is this a law farm? go and get yourself a lawyer. Only a lawyer can answer these questions properly
scylla View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scylla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2012 at 8:42am
She needs to be in a permanent relationship (married or common law) with the Canadian citizen.

If she's not in a permanent relationship with the Canadian citizen - then having a child with this citizen certainly will not help her to get PR.
Outland Spousal (Buffalo):
App recd: 05/28/2010
Sponsor approved: 06/28/2010
Processing started: 08/19/2010
Passport request: 10/01/2010
Landed: 10/05/2010
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic