Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Canadian Citizenship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How long does application receipt take!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dpausuri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How long does application receipt take!
    Posted: 16 Oct 2013 at 1:45am
Hi
I submitted my citizenship application on Sept 13 and haven't heard back anything yet! Kicking myself for not sending registered mail! Is this normal to have not heard anything back yet or shall I start panicking if the application is lost!

Help!

Edited by dpausuri - 16 Oct 2013 at 1:46am
dpenabill View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dpenabill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2013 at 9:40am

Originally posted by dpausuri dpausuri wrote:

Hi
I submitted my citizenship application on Sept 13 and haven't heard back anything yet! Kicking myself for not sending registered mail! Is this normal to have not heard anything back yet or shall I start panicking if the application is lost!

No reason to panic.

Appears to be taking between nine to twelve weeks, or so, before they actually open the package, do a completeness check, and if it passes the completeness check it then gets "received" status, and "in process" status. Within a week of that, or so, this status should appear online in your eCas (best id number to use appears to be your client no., same as on your PR card -- nothing shows up in eCas before that).

So far it appears that eCas will state that the acknowledgement letter and study book were mailed on the date they received the package, which is clearly not accurate (at most it is mailed when the application is deemed complete and given "in process" status, but even then it is still tends to be weeks before CIC actually mails these).

But, yes, even though it costs more and is generally less convenient, it is better to send everything via a courier service that confirms delivery. Registered mail is not necessary (and is of no effect for a bureaucracy like CIC anyway), but having the delivery service (Canada Post is OK for this) confirmation of delivery is, at the least, reassuring, eliminating any worry about the package possibly having gone off to who-knows-where.

Bureaucracy is what bureaucracy does, or When in doubt, follow the instructions. Otherwise, follow the instructions.

BTW: Not an expert, not a Can. lawyer, never worked in immigration
deoo_77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deoo_77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2013 at 11:24am
Originally posted by dpenabill dpenabill wrote:

Originally posted by dpausuri dpausuri wrote:

Hi

No reason to panic.

Appears to be taking between nine to twelve weeks, or so, before they actually open the package, do a completeness check, and if it passes the completeness check it then gets "received" status, and "in process" status. Within a week of that, or so, this status should appear online in your eCas (best id number to use appears to be your client no., same as on your PR card -- nothing shows up in eCas before that).

So far it appears that eCas will state that the acknowledgement letter and study book were mailed on the date they received the package, which is clearly not accurate (at most it is mailed when the application is deemed complete and given "in process" status, but even then it is still tends to be weeks before CIC actually mails these).

But, yes, even though it costs more and is generally less convenient, it is better to send everything via a courier service that confirms delivery. Registered mail is not necessary (and is of no effect for a bureaucracy like CIC anyway), but having the delivery service (Canada Post is OK for this) confirmation of delivery is, at the least, reassuring, eliminating any worry about the package possibly having gone off to who-knows-where.

dpenabill

I read in other forum that some applicants send there application early in Sep 2013 and the got it back
For incompleteness after 40 days 6 weeks which make me believe that cic clerks will open the applications once they
Receive it and check it of it had all the required documents before they move it to anther que to open the file for the applicant and feed the system with all information , which mean that there is some prescreening for the applications
To make sure the completeness of the application and in this case they will save time so instead of opening
The application after 12 weeks and found its missing some documents they can do this in earlier stage and save time
satangel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote satangel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2013 at 11:39am
Hi,

My friend sent it by 15 july 2013(vacation period) and got the book and AKDG by september 30th

Clap

Simple mind, happy man
jai4dev View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jai4dev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2015 at 9:45am
 Hello there ! Can any body tell if seniors (over 65 ) citizenship application will be processed faster than regular applicants AND ALSO how long would it take to receive ACKNOWLEDGEMENT LETTER after sending out the application. RECEIVED BY CIC ON AUG. 27,2015   Thanks very much
zindgi khubsoort hai.

life is beautiful.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic