Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - :: Sponsoring a spouse outside Canada :: Sponsor o
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

:: Sponsoring a spouse outside Canada :: Sponsor o

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mtl514 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: :: Sponsoring a spouse outside Canada :: Sponsor o
    Posted: 07 Jul 2014 at 9:37am
I am a naturalized Canadian (lived 10 yrs in QC) and I have been living outside Canada for almost 4 years now. I got married and had a baby in my country of residence (the baby is a naturalized Canadian because of my citizenship) and am currently on maternity leave. I want to sponsor my husband, so we can move to Montreal as a family and live, work and grow our children there. 
Is it a plus, or is it a downside the fact that I am on maternity leave? I should select "2.B: Employed" on the IMM5481E, right? And how would they evaluate the amount of personal income from July last year up to now, since in my country the standard is different and in CAD it would seem like a small amount of money?

Also, I am confused about the whole QC procedure... As far as I understand, there are several steps to follow. 
immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/sponsors-sponsored/apply/index.html

PLEASE, CORRECT ME WHEREVER I HAVE UNDERSTOOD WRONG WHICH DOCUMENT/APPLICATION TO SUBMIT WHEN and WHERE, as well as the FEES - are they correct?

STEP 1: Sponsorship forms from CIC's site: cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/fc.asp
Application to Sponsor, Sponsorship Agreement and Undertaking [IMM 1344] (PDF, 417 KB) June 2014
Sponsorship Evaluation [IMM 5481] (PDF, 110 KB) April 2012
Sponsor Questionnaire [IMM 5540] (PDF, 160 KB) April 2008

+ whatever the Guide for my country states:
1 Generic Application Form for Canada (IMM 0008) - This form is completed by you, the principal applicant.
2 Schedule A - Background/Declaration (IMM 5669) - You and each of your family members 18 years of age or older must complete their own copy of this form.
3 Additional Family Information (IMM 5406) - You and each of your family members 18 years of age or older must complete their own copy of this form.
4 Sponsored Spouse/Partner Questionnaire (IMM 5490) - Complete this questionnaire if your sponsor is your spouse, common-law partner or conjugal partner.

+ additional docs
• my Canadian citizenship certificate,
• national identity cards of me and my husband
• birth certificates of me and my husband
• baptismal certificates me and my husband
• other official document confirming relationship for you and each of your family members: marriage certificate, baby's birth & baptismal cert.
• my divorce cert. (I was previously married)
• TRAVEL DOCUMENTS AND PASSPORTS for me, my husband and our child
• evidence of the relationship between me and hubby: (•wedding photos,•proof that we are partners,•letters between me and him,•telephone bills showing contact - (I used to call him using a pre-paid calling card from Canada. Maybe his records from years ago would do the job?),•family photos, etc.•proof of your sponsor's visits such as airline ticket coupons, boarding passes - Who keeps those!?•copies of pages of your sponsor's passport showing entry/exit stamps,•any other evidence of your relationship and communication.)
• POLICE CERTIFICATES AND CLEARANCES
• PROOF OF MEDICAL EXAMINATION
• 8 recent photos for each member of my family and myself
• the Declaration in the guide (I, the undersigned, ...understand and accept that if I am admitted to Canada as a permanent resident...) completed by my hubby

+ fees: 
Sponsor: $75
Principal applicant   : $475 (that is hubby, right?)

And I send all of these to: 
CPC Mississauga
P.O. Box 3000, Station A
Mississauga, ON
L5A 4N6

STEP 2: When I get the email from Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) which confirms that my sponsorship is approved, then my husband should fill out the application for a Québec Selection Certificate and permanent residence. I continue the process by submitting an Undertaking application kit to the MICC.

The kit is described as:
Sponsor's guide - Family class (PDF, 540 Kb)
Undertaking application form - Family class (Dynamic PDF, 167 Kb)
Documents soumis à l'appui de la demande d'engagement (Dynamic PDF, 960 Kb)
Sponsor's or Co-signatory Spouse's Declaration of Authorization (Dynamic PDF, 91 Kb)
Guide for sponsored persons - Family class (PDF, 180 Kb)
Application for selection certificate - Family class (Dynamic PDF, 814 Kb)
Payment by credit card (Dynamic PDF, 399 Kb) 
Declaration of sponsor abroad - Family class (Dynamic PDF, 424 Kb)

+ fees: 
cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/3900ETOC.asp#pay-fee
immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/sponsors-sponsored/apply/undertaking-application/fees-required.html
Residents of Quebec:
If you are a resident of Quebec, you will need to pay an additional processing fee to the province of Quebec when you submit your undertaking to MICC. 
Right of Permanent Residence Fee: 490$
to process an undertaking application: 169$

ADDRESS: Where do I send these, since I am applying outside Canada? To the closest Embassy to my country of residence or to Quebec??

OK... that is my long and thorough question. DID I GET EVERYTHING RIGHT?

Thank you so much in advance!!  Kiss
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic