Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Visa / Temporary Entry Topics > Study Visa
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How long should I wait to land in Canada?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sam2403 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How long should I wait to land in Canada?
    Posted: 13 May 2010 at 2:57am

Hi,

I got acceptance letter from college in Toronto and also got a TRV.
Please let me know how long should I wait to land in Canada after my TRV is issued?

Thank you
pmm View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2010 at 6:10pm
Hi

Originally posted by sam2403 sam2403 wrote:

Hi,

I got acceptance letter from college in Toronto and also got a TRV.
Please let me know how long should I wait to land in Canada after my TRV is issued?

Thank you

Depends on when your course starts, how long the TRV is valid for, and how long it will take you to find accommodation for school
PMM
sam2403 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sam2403 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2010 at 12:14am
Thank you PMM.
I already found the accomodation. my TRV will expire in march 2011 and college starts in first week of sept 2010.

I wish to go to canada as early as i can. I got a letter from high commission of canada along with TRV which says that you should arrive in canada shortly prior to studies. you may be denied admission to canada at the port of entry if you arrive too far in advance. but in this letter they did not mention exactly how long should i wait. please let me know exactly how long should i wait to land in canada

Thank you
pmm View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2010 at 1:17pm
Hi

Thank you PMM.
I already found the accomodation. my TRV will expire in march 2011 and college starts in first week of sept 2010.

I wish to go to canada as early as i can. I got a letter from high commission of canada along with TRV which says that you should arrive in canada shortly prior to studies. you may be denied admission to canada at the port of entry if you arrive too far in advance. but in this letter they did not mention exactly how long should i wait. please let me know exactly how long should i wait to land in canada

Thank you

30 days or so in advance would be fine. I doubt if many have been refused by coming too early.
PMM
sam2403 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sam2403 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2010 at 2:08am
Thanks much PMM. I really appreciate ur help!!
inspiration View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote inspiration Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2010 at 11:33am
Hi Pmm..

Do u mean if a student reapplies earlier than 30 days there is a chance of rejection?

I am going on 18 may 2010 n might apply for extension of visa on 1 June 2010. my visa expires on 01 august 2010. That means 2 mnths before... so should i wait or apply on 1 june 2010.

Thanx for ur reply...
pmm View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2010 at 2:17pm
Hi

Originally posted by inspiration inspiration wrote:

Hi Pmm..Do u mean if a student reapplies earlier than 30 days there is a chance of rejection?I am going on 18 may 2010 n might apply for extension of visa on 1 June 2010. my visa expires on 01 august 2010. That means 2 mnths before... so should i wait or apply on 1 june 2010.Thanx for ur reply...

Go back read the OPs question, s/he was asking how early they can enter Canada on a study permit. You can apply as early as you want for an extension, just has to be before your permit expires. 30 days in advance is a "suggestion" by CIC, it has no force in the Act or Regulations, as long as you apply before your status expires.
PMM
jamaisomal View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamaisomal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2010 at 4:21pm

Thank you PMM.

Thank you

I came almost two months before my studies started with no problems.
Application sent May 13, 2010
Started processing July 22, 2010.
Decision made March 7, 2011
Landed April 13th 2011
The whole process took exactly 11 months!
inspiration View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote inspiration Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2010 at 11:39pm
That means have u sent ur application for extension in canada only...

Please can u tell abt ur case in brief, means did  complete course n then applied for some other course or u came to ur country for some purpose n then decided toreturn back to canada now...

Thanx for replying...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic