Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Visa / Temporary Entry Topics > Study Visa
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

study visa after child already on study visa

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuldeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: study visa after child already on study visa
    Posted: 16 Apr 2010 at 10:10pm

I have been admitted to Ph.D program of a reputed university in Ontario with full funding for 5 years. My daughter is already on study visa since last year for a 4 year degree at the same university. My PR application is also in process. How should I prepare my study visa application to make it successful?

Thanks
Kuldeep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuldeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2010 at 9:28am
Edmontonresident,
Please answer my above query. Many thanks.
Kuldeep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuldeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2010 at 8:54pm

Dear pmm,

Please advice regarding the above situation.

Thanks
pmm View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2010 at 1:17am
Hi

Originally posted by Kuldeep Kuldeep wrote:

<FONT style=": #f8f8e0">I have been admitted to Ph.D program of a reputed university in Ontario with full funding for 5 years. My daughter is already on study visa since last year for a 4 year degree at the same university. My PR application is also in process. How should I prepare my study visa application to make it successful?

Thanks

Follow the instructions to letter from the office where you are applying. Ensure that the funding letter states the stipend that you will be receiving and any costs of the program. Note that if there is no stipend/salary mentioned you will have to show $10K for living expenses.
PMM
Kuldeep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuldeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2010 at 11:49am
Thanks pmm.
My funding includes tution fees and living expenses. I feel the strongest point of my visa application is the financial support I am getting. My areas of concern are that my daughter is already there and my PR application. I have got two rejections of US on my passport in 2003. I have no travel history. Should I submit a cover letter explaining my ties to my country and  intent to return? Will that help?
Thanks
pmm View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2010 at 3:40pm

Hi

Thanks pmm.
My funding includes tution fees and living expenses. I feel the strongest point of my visa application is the financial support I am getting. My areas of concern are that my daughter is already there and my PR application. I have got two rejections of US on my passport in 2003. I have no travel history. Should I submit a cover letter explaining my ties to my country and  intent to return? Will that help?

Thanks

Your daughter has a study permit, she obviously was able to show an attachment to her home country. You should show your attachments, the return is a given, if you have attachments then that is the proof of return. CIC/CHC recognizes dual intend, i.e. study permit and PR application.
PMM
tanushree.tiku View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tanushree.tiku Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2010 at 3:45pm
well if someone gives a letter explaining ties to his/her country and intent to return then an applicant wudnt have applied for PR.

Student visas r not that difficult to get especially when u r getting full funding and u r going for a high level course not just any diploma for the heck of it. I dont think getting a student visa will be an issue at all. Only when u have been granted ur PR then u will have to leave Canada and land there.......But tell me once u get ur PPR for PR and if u will be in canada then how do u plan to send ur PP for visa stamping...Which is ur VISA office. I assume its India.....
Kuldeep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuldeep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2010 at 11:13am
Dear pmm and tanushree,
Thanks for your advice. My visa office is New Delhi and I applied in Feb 2004. I have been exploring the issue of sending passports to and fro. A person on another forum who had applied for PR and was on work visa in Canada took help of his friends in carrying the passports. Later he went to the border to complete the landing formalities.
tanushree.tiku View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tanushree.tiku Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2010 at 2:14pm

Dear pmm and tanushree,
Thanks for your advice. My visa office is New Delhi and I applied in Feb 2004. I have been exploring the issue of sending passports to and fro. A person on another forum who had applied for PR and was on work visa in Canada took help of his friends in carrying the passports. Later he went to the border to complete the landing formalities.

yes u will have to just leave the country and land...the only concern is sending the pp to delhi for stamping for which there r ways...The only risk is to be in a foreign country for long without a PP like for eg u in canada and ur PP in india.....
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic