Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Preserving Permanent Residence Status
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Time to process PRTD = time to process PR renewal
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Time to process PRTD = time to process PR renewal

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Time to process PRTD = time to process PR renewal
    Posted: 14 Mar 2014 at 9:48am
Hi,

Experts, please comment on my statement.

If your PR card renewal is 'in process', my conclusion from reading through this forum is that it may take as early as 2 days, or as long as 2 years for completing the process. Good or bad - that is the situation with CIC as of date.

Meanwhile, if you travel out of Canada, then do not expect your PR travel document available to you abroad UNTIL completion of processing of your PR card renewal application in Canada.

Hence I say - Time to process PRTD = time to process PR renewal application. (assuming you applied for PR renewal and left Canada).

Decision to issue you a PRTD is taken by the same office in Canada who is processing your PR renewal application and not the local office abroad.

Local office abroad just forwards your PRTD application to CIC - Canada and waits their decision. CIC-Canada need to review your meeting the residency obligations and approve your PRTD before it can be issued by CIC local office abroad.

Is my understanding and statements I made here are right? 

Experts please comment, your comments will be useful to many on this forum. Thanks in advance.

-Sammy

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic