Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Live in CA while PR app is processing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nancwilt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Live in CA while PR app is processing
    Posted: 12 Apr 2012 at 2:36pm
Hello, I am in the process of applying for Canada PR status under family class/spouse. My husband and I have been married for 12 years.  We had been living together in the US since we got married, but he recently got a job in Vancouver, BC and I want to join him there. The CA Immigration website says it will take 75 days for initial application processing and then 11 months for my application for PR to be approved after applying from outside of Canada from the US. Is there any way I can move to Canada to be with him while my application for PR is being processed? We have already been apart since October (6 months) and we don't want to have to wait another year to be with each other. Any information anyone can give us will be greatly appreciated. 
RobsLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobsLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2012 at 6:54pm
You can come to Canada as a visitor to wait while the PR application is processing.  You will not be able to work or go to school, and will not be eligible for healthcare - but you can be together.  Read through the information about Visiting and Visitor Records on the US2Canada website, then come back and ask if you have any more questions.
3/2007-applied
1/2008-Refused
12/2008-ADR failed
1/2010-Appeal allowed
4/2010-In Process(Again)
5/2010-request FBI/meds
8/2010-FBI recd
11/30/10-APPROVED!
1/31/11-LANDED!
nancwilt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nancwilt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2012 at 11:41pm
Thank you for the information. It was very helpful. Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic