Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Visa / Temporary Entry Topics > Study Visa
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

need help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: need help
    Posted: 05 Dec 2011 at 7:11pm
i have been in Canada for 11 month on a visit visa which is valid for 9 month more 
according to cic web site holders for temporary resident visa valid for 6 month are allowed to submit for a study permit within Canada 
so i did . and applied online for study permit and i submitted all required documents 
but they replied to me that im not legal to apply from inside Canada 
and i have to apply to visa office in my country which i don't feel safe at all to go back 
any one could advice me what to do please 
pmm View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2011 at 12:19am
HI

Originally posted by mira mira wrote:

i have been in Canada for 11 month on a visit visa which is valid for 9 month more <div id="isChromeWebToolbarDiv" style="display:none">
according to cic web site holders for temporary resident visa valid for 6 month are allowed to submit for a study permit within Canada 
so i did . and applied online for study permit and i submitted all required documents 
but they replied to me that im not legal to apply from inside Canada 
and i have to apply to visa office in my country which i don't feel safe at all to go back 
any one could advice me what to do please 

It is persons on a Temporary Resident PERMIT who can apply in Canada for a study/work permit, not at TR Visa. You have to apply to an office outside Canada.
PMM
mira View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2011 at 12:25am

could you please clarify what you mean by TR visa 

isn't  a  Visa to Visit Canada considered as Temporary Resident permit 

mira View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2011 at 12:52am
as i know temporary resident visa included visit visa 
pmm View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2011 at 4:58pm

Hi

Originally posted by mira mira wrote:

<h1 id="cn-cont" style="margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 1em; margin-left: 0px; line-height: normal; : rgb255, 255, 255; ">could you please clarify what you mean by TR visa </h1><h1 id="cn-cont" style="margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 1em; margin-left: 0px; : rgb255, 255, 255; "><span ="Apple-style-span" style="line-height: normal;">isn't  a  Visa to Visit Canada considered as Temporary Resident permit </span></h1>

<div id="isChromeWebToolbarDiv" style="display:none">

The TR(Permit) is only issued to people who are inadmissible to Canada for reasons such as criminality, medical etc. TR(Visa) are issued to citizens of countries that require a visitor visa to come to Canada and who are NOT inadmissible.
PMM
dpenabill View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dpenabill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2011 at 5:12pm
Perhaps just a side note:

I am not sure about how this applies relative to applying for a study permit, but generally the in-Canada versus out-of-Canada application refers to where and how the application is submitted and processed, not necessarily about where the person applying is located.

That is, while I am not sure, it is my impression that just because you are physically present in Canada does not mean you cannot apply to an office outside Canada. The proper application must be submitted, of course, and sent to the appropriate address as instructed.

Again, I am not at all sure this applies for this kind of application but it generally applies to many types of applications (such as sponsored partner PR applications; some work permits, some other PR applications). How it will work in applying for a study permit, if it does work, relative to the contact address, is something else I do not know. But I think this is worth looking into if you do not want to travel to your home country.
Bureaucracy is what bureaucracy does, or When in doubt, follow the instructions. Otherwise, follow the instructions.

BTW: Not an expert, not a Can. lawyer, never worked in immigration
mira View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2011 at 7:27pm
thank you..  really i appreciate you help 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic