Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Canadian Citizenship
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - citizenship test, passport and PR card not there
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

citizenship test, passport and PR card not there

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote just_do_it Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2012 at 12:55pm
P.S. Ask them about the urgent passport service. It will cost you an arm and a leg but will get you your passport faster (usually in a day or two).
Citizenship
Received= Dec 9, 2010
Processing= Nov 2011
Transferred to Victoria= Feb 2012
Fingerprints request= March 2012
Test= Oct 18, 2012
mvb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mvb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2012 at 2:29pm
In the past, when I applied for the Indian passport renewal (you have to submit the passport with PR card, just to ensure that you have legally entered canada) Indian embassy officals told me that the processing will take eight weeks and in case of emergency, you can come to embassy with VALID proof and get your old passport.

One of my friend also got the passport from the Indian embassy (ottawa) to attend the citizenship test.

They don't have urgent or expediated passport services, as the passports are printed and mailed from New Delhi.
sajc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sajc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2012 at 3:23pm
Thanks guys! yeh.. i called consulate today....they said email the officials... I did.. lets see what happens.. I also called CIC.. they said I can go to test with photocopies and try to tell them what happened..  
BlackRacon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackRacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2012 at 4:27pm
Good Luck, sajc!
Racon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackRacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2012 at 4:29pm
Originally posted by grego23 grego23 wrote:

Originally posted by BlackRacon BlackRacon wrote:

Hi sajc,
You do not need your PR card on your test date.
Actually, you do need the PR card on the test date. My test convocation letter specifically said that if you have received a PR card, you must bring it with you to the test. The agent did look at it very briefly. My PR card is expired, however, but that did not seem to be a problem. 
Hi grego23,
You do not need a PR Card on test date but you have to have it on oath date. Some local CIC offices have different actions. Good Luck!

Edited by BlackRacon - 17 Jun 2012 at 4:30pm
Racon
canuck25 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canuck25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2012 at 9:05pm

Edited by canuck25 - 06 Oct 2012 at 10:53am
grego23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grego23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2012 at 12:31am

Hi grego23,
You do not need a PR Card on test date but you have to have it on oath date. Some local CIC offices have different actions. Good Luck!

My test letter specifically says you MUST bring your PR card (if you have received one). And the agent did ask to see it. However, like you said, that may be different depending on your local CIC office. :) 

...As you and I, and everyone here, know, CIC is rarely consistant in the way they do things... and in the things they ask to see... :) 

Good luck everybody! 

Edited by grego23 - 19 Jun 2012 at 12:32am
sajc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sajc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2012 at 9:58am
Thanks everybody for your input! Consulate just sent in my old passport and PR card along with the new passport! Bless them :)...looks like they do respond to emails :)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackRacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2012 at 1:38pm
Congratulations, sajc! This is the best for you! Please let us know once you done with your test.
Racon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackRacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2012 at 1:40pm
Originally posted by grego23 grego23 wrote:

Hi grego23,

My test letter specifically says you MUST bring your PR card (if you have received one). And the agent did ask to see it. However, like you said, that may be different depending on your local CIC office. :) 

...As you and I, and everyone here, know, CIC is rarely consistant in the way they do things... and in the things they ask to see... :) 

Good luck everybody! 
Thank you, grego23! I agree with you: different local CIC have different requirements.
Racon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic