Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Syria Situation Pls Help Urgent

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LVCANADA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Syria Situation Pls Help Urgent
    Posted: 09 Jun 2012 at 3:23pm

I am new in this forum. I really need your support , advice and solution.

I am PR holder and my wife is not PR holder and currently she is in Syrian. As you all know due to the tragic situation. The Canadian embassy is closed and moved to Amman and Beirut. I want to bring her over ASAP without going through a very long waiting of sponsorship process.

1- is there any law to speed up the sponsorship process for this certain situation?

2- What are my options? And what are the procedures?

3- Is there any one faced or is facing similar situation?

Thanks

computergeek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote computergeek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2012 at 5:57pm
If you have already filed a sponsorship application, you can request early admission under the temporary resident program.

If you have not filed a sponsorship application and she can obtain a TRV to visit Canada, then you can file an inland application (and an application to extend her stay as visitor together, to obtain "implied status") and wait it out.

There may be other possibilities as well.

Regardsless, you really should be working with a qualified attorney.

FSW applied 6/09, denied (med inadmissible) 12/11. JR leave granted 7/12, discontinued 9/12. Spousal app PPR 9/12. Landed 13 October 2012
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic