Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Skilled Worker / Independent Immigration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Money talks!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mhindawy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Money talks!
    Posted: 09 Jun 2012 at 8:12am
Have a few questions about money.
1. How much is an acceptable amount to write in my application? I have around $ 15,000. Is that ok?
2. The money now is in my name but in Egyptian pounds. If I trnasfer it into a US account, will the immigration office see this as some sort of manipulation? I mean with the transfer date close to my application date!
3. Will any bank certificate be ok even if it's a local Egyptian bank? If local banks aren't ok, which of those banks will be recognized: HSBC, Citi or Barclays?

Thanks, Maha
Maha
W.Diesel View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote W.Diesel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2012 at 8:42am
@mhindawy,

1. Depends on how many family members will be accompanying you to Canada, just ensure that it is the equivalent in Canadian dollars.
2. I can't foresee a problem, however show evidence that you had the funds in your local currency before the transfer date.
3. Again I can't foresee this being an issue.

Ensure that you check the Visa Office (VO) website responsible for your country/region for confirmation..

Hope that helps.

A pessimist is one who makes difficulties of his opportunities and an optimist is one who makes opportunities of his difficulties
mhindawy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mhindawy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2012 at 2:00pm
Thank you for the response... I will be immigrating alone. Will the $ 15,000 be a good amount.
Maha
bhavikham View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhavikham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2012 at 2:53pm
@ Maha,

CAD or USD 15,000 is more than enough for sole applicant.
You can produce Bank Balance Certificate of any recognized bank in your country. The bank doesn't need to be multinational. Further, you need to submit an original Bank Balance Certificate, clearly indicating your name, account no and available balance on  given date.
mhindawy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mhindawy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2012 at 3:58pm
And it is OK for the bank certificate to indicate the amount in Egyptian pounds?

Is it OK if the transfer date is close to the application date? Will the visa office think I am faking the amounts?

Guys, you are a lot of help... Thanks!
Maha
bhavikham View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhavikham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2012 at 3:10am
@ Maha,

It is ok if Bank Balance Certificate is in Egyptian Currency.

If  possible, ask your bank to state balance in equivalent CAD as well ( please note that this is not mandatory)

There is no issue / scope of doubt on when was the money transferred. You own the money and you can transfer it whenever you wish.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic