Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Step One Approved!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abhat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Step One Approved!
    Posted: 03 Jun 2012 at 10:51am

We got our notice two days ago that I have been approved as a sponsor for my husband! Very excited!

Confused looking at the CIC procesing times though, they still say looking at applications from february 15, but ours was delivered on March 6 and has already been approved and sent to New Delhi, and online it says they recieved his medical checks today.  I'm not going to question it, we have the paper work now to prove it haha

This has lifted a massive weight off my shoulders, I was the one we were worried about being approved as I had involvement with well known environmental groups with a rather extreme reputation, hubby's a a clean slate of greatness, so here's to a speedy Step Two as well! I guess it paid off to be so obsessively organized, it's all colour coded, page numbered, and indexed throughout the whole thing. But that's just my obsessive filing nature at it's best.

Anyone else in this batch?

And anyone else super excited about their beloved spouse possibly being with you at anytime within the next six months?? Time to move out of my room rental and get us an apartment : ).

Edited by abhat - 03 Jun 2012 at 10:56am
Spousal Sponsorship recieved 06/03/12

Met Sponsorship Requirements
31/05/12

Medicals Received in New Delhi
03/06/12
KJG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KJG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2012 at 4:58pm
So happy for you.  My application was received February 28th, 2012 at CIC and still no word yet, so hopefully I will soon get good news as well.

Quick question.....did they email you the letter or by regular mail?

abhat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abhat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2012 at 10:05am
I got the letter by e-mail.

I checked our e-cas and it says decision made and the letter was mailed out the same day I received the e-mail. Now it says medicals recieved for step two.

best of luck!

31/05/12

03/06/12
KJG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KJG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2012 at 10:26am
I spoke to CIC today and I am not even in the system yet....the lady said to call again in two weeks.  :(
abhat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abhat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2012 at 10:58am
That is just odd...

I know, the CIC website is still confusing me. I have zero idea why we were approved before the website even said it was our time to be processed. It still says Feb. 15th as of May 30th, but ours was not even there until March 6th!

Don't give up hope though, you will most likely be in the next batch of updates! You're very very close!  

I really am chalking it up to my insane organization.

31/05/12

03/06/12
KJG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KJG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2012 at 11:03am
Well I am extremely organized as well and working for a lawyer was very diligent in everything.  I think it is the size of my application that is probably the problem.  My husband is from Cuba so I had to submit alot of documentation for proof to show our relationship was real because Cuba is flagged for fraudulent marriages. 
abhat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abhat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2012 at 11:14am
That could very well be! My husband is from Nepal and we're going through New Delhi for our application. 

31/05/12

03/06/12
KJG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KJG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2012 at 11:16am
Well I hope everything goes just as fast for you in stage 2 to get your husband here as soon as possible.  I will try and be patient a little longer - especially since I have no choice and just keep my fingers crossed for a letter and/or e-mail!!!!
abhat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abhat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2012 at 11:29am
Thank you! I hope the same for you as well (and I hope you did not think I was implying yours was disorganized, I'm just still trying to justify in my head how we were approved so soon)!

Fingers crossed for everyone!

31/05/12

03/06/12
KJG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KJG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2012 at 11:36am
Oh no, I did not take it that way at all.  Yes there does not seem to be any rhyme or reason to CIC's approval process.  You might have got a great agent who processes fast and is a diligent worker - it truly is hard to say. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic