Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Skilled Worker / Independent Immigration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Joining Spouse(Principal Applicant) later

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mohd_40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Joining Spouse(Principal Applicant) later
    Posted: 28 May 2012 at 6:01am
Hi I am new to this Forum and here is my situation -

My Wife is the Principal Applicant, and we are a family of 4 people(having two grown up kids), we have received our Immigrant Visa & CPR. I need to travel to UK on an immediate 1 Year assignement. Below are my questions -

1. Can I join my spouse & Kids after 3 months and before the expiry of my visa?

2. Can I come back to UK in 1 -2 weeks after joining them there, as I cannot get more than 2 weeks leave?

3. Do I need  to wait till I receive the PR or it can be posted to me to UK by my spouse later?

4. How long will it take to get the PR card?

5. How much fund should my wife need to carry whe she travel along with 2 Kids?

Can someone please respond to my above questions please?
bhavikham View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhavikham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2012 at 7:59am
Dear Mohd_40,

I guess, below link can answer your questions 3 & 4.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/notices/notice-prcard-mail.asp?utm_source=e-newsletter-email&utm_medium=email-eng&utm_campaign=eNews042012

For your question 2,

Once you land in Canada, you can finish required formalities to obtain PR CARD immediately and then you may go to UK. When you re-enter Canada, you can carry PR CARD copy with you (if you receive PR CARD by email nothing to worry, and if you (your wife in your absence) receive hard copy, she can send you the scan one). I don’t think there should be any problem, as one of my relatives forgot PR CARD in India during his visit and he returned to Canada, he realized that at Toronto airport. He was allowed to enter without any problem.

For your question 5,

The answer depends on so many factors like where are you planning to stay, what type of house would you like to take on rent, what is the initial period for which you would like to carry fund along with you etc. I guess, it will be a good idea to contact someone (friend / relative) there in Canada. You can also write to http://www.servicecanada.gc.ca/eng/audiences/newcomers/index.shtml to get more idea.

For your question 1,

Generally, it is expected that the full family arrives in Canada together. Otherwise, they may suspect as to why did husband didn’t come and immigration officer may ask questions to your spouse and she would need to explain the situation. I am not sure on this so I would advise you to ask someone who has correct information. As I believe, immigration officers in Canada do understand genuine situations and can let your spouse and kids enter Canada without you after formal questions-answers. Again, you can check the same with http://www.servicecanada.gc.ca/eng/audiences/newcomers/index.shtml

Hope, above info will help you.

Regards,
Mohd_40 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mohd_40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2012 at 9:14am
bhavikham - Thanks a Lot for the reply.
bhavikham View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhavikham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2012 at 9:48am
You'r most welcome my friend...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic