Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Saudi Arabia police clearance issue!!!pls help!!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Saudi Arabia police clearance issue!!!pls help!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Saudi Arabia police clearance issue!!!pls help!!!
    Posted: 26 May 2012 at 3:32pm
Hi, 

I wanted some help immediately please...... It's about obtaining PCC(police clearance certificate) from KSA(Saudi Arabia) for my husband who lived and worked there almost 10 years ago!!

I am a PR of Canada and am sponsoring my husband to come and join me here. All his papers are ok and have been submitted to the Canadian embassy in Abu dhabi since he is applying from Dubai. He faced massive unexplainable difficulties while requesting for KSA PCC from consulate of Saudi Arabia in Dubai....they turned him away several times when he was told by the Canadian embassy in Abu dhabi to apply from consulate of Saudi arabia in Dubai. He was told not to come to them for such police clearance and was not entertained!!? He had the official letter from Canadian embassy in Abu dhabi but still they refused to even see that letter!!! Helplessly he wrote an email to the Canadian embassy in Abu dhabi explaining what happened, he then received a call from Canadian embassy in Abu dhabi assuring him to let them have his exit stamp from KSA translated in English and submit p, which should suffice. My husband spent loads of money in getting his finger prints etc etc done and got all docs ready and mailed it to Canadian embassy in Abu dhabi, almost aft 3 months he was contacted by the Canadian embassy in Abu dhabi again asking to submit his KSA PCC and this time withing 60 days!!!!

No idea what's going on, why are we being treated this way?? Once we are told not to submit and then after few months they are asking us to submit!!! 

Anyhow, now my husband is planning to fly to KSA himself and meet the police dept there and do the needful, as this is our last option left being turned away from consulate of Saudi arabia in Dubai. They had no respect towards us and blankly refused to eepven see his official document provided by the Canadian embassy in Abu dhabi!!! This is so strange!

Anyhow, please can someone tell us whether it would be advisable for him to fly it KSA and try his luck in obtaining the PCC direclty from there as we have no other choice! Nobody is willing to help! Nobody is showing us the right direction!! My husband has only 30 days left in hand to get his PCC from KSA otherwise I believe his visa will not be processed!! It's been almost 1 year that we are so far from each other and it's causing us loads of depression, I am unable to take it anymore and am now planning to return back to him, if nothing works out with his PCC from KSA! I have started losing hope and cannot trust in the system anymore! We have done whatever was told to us without any delays! 

PLS CAN SOMONE HELP US PLZZZZZZZZ.........Just tell us whether it would work if he fly to Saudi arabia himself and apply for his police clearance? Will this work or they will turn him away from there as well??!!

Pls help!!!!

MajidS View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MajidS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2012 at 11:44am

I personally do not have any experience with PCC from KSA, however here are some of my thoughts:

FIRST, the 60 day notice from Abudhabi is not the end of the world. It is flexible. So, my first instinct would be to explain to Abudhabi you need more time (preferably formally via a letter or email) because of the difficulties you have mentioned. I have heard from others where the deadlines have been flexible.

SECOND, try to confirm if they really do need a PCC. Because from my limited knowledge I believe CIC only requests information for the last 10 years (or since age 18), what ever is longer. Anything more than 10 years is usually not requested.

THIRD, keep in mind CIC does make honest mistakes. I have heard of of someone whose file in Abudhabi was mishandled. Keeping this in mind, there's a possibility they do not need the PCC. Confirm the 2nd point above via an official letter or email from them.

FOURTH, regarding travel, I am not sure. My gut feeling is that if you have someone in KSA that can tag along and offer some help, it would make a difference.
longwait3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote longwait3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2012 at 12:01am
he have to fly to saudia arabia no option u know and its realy not ificult to go saudi from dubai can u share ur time line m also 
Barbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2012 at 10:42pm
Thanks for your reply MajisS.

Unfortunately my husband was unable to obtain visit visa to KSA bEcause of the political situation in Syria.....he is a Syrian national, maybe that's why! Confused
Anyhow he managed to obatin a letter from his ex employer which is attested by the ministry of foreign affair and chamber of commerce from KSA, hopefully that should suffice, as the letter does mention that he was an employee and had no criminal records during his tenure!! There's nothing much we can do after this..... I am pretty sure that the canadian govt is also aware of the political situation of Syria and that even the Syrian delegates have been withdrawn from Saudi Arabia!! 

The letter has been submitted to canadian embassy in abudhabi last week, now waiting for their final decision! My husband's medical also expires this month!!!! Don't know what will happen now, really stressed!! Anyone is familiar to this kind of situation, what normally happens after the medical expires, is it all over for us? Should we give up? Is it time that I should close all chapters of canada and start packing to go back to my husband??!! Cry
pmm View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2012 at 12:54am
Hi

Originally posted by Barbie Barbie wrote:

Thanks for your reply MajisS.
Unfortunately my husband was unable to obtain visit visa to KSA bEcause of the political situation in Syria.....he is a Syrian national, maybe that's why! Confused
Anyhow he managed to obatin a letter from his ex employer which is attested by the ministry of foreign affair and chamber of commerce from KSA, hopefully that should suffice, as the letter does mention that he was an employee and had no criminal records during his tenure!! There's nothing much we can do after this..... I am pretty sure that the canadian govt is also aware of the political situation of Syria and that even the Syrian delegates have been withdrawn from Saudi Arabia!! 
The letter has been submitted to canadian embassy in abudhabi last week, now waiting for their final decision! My husband's medical also expires this month!!!! Don't know what will happen now, really stressed!! Anyone is familiar to this kind of situation, what normally happens after the medical expires, is it all over for us? Should we give up? Is it time that I should close all chapters of canada and start packing to go back to my husband??!! Cry

Did you read the instructions for obtaining the PCC?

From CIC

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/mid-east/saudi-arabia.asp

From the Saudi Embassy

Saudi Police Clearance Requirements(No Fees)
In order to receive a Saudi Police clearance we need you to provide the Embassy with the following:

Copy of your passport.
    Legally issued fingerprints certificate from the police department.
    Copy of your residency papers during the time you resided in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.

Cover letter should show clearly printed your address and your telephone number ; applicant should submit his/ her request to the closest Saudi Consulate.
PMM
Barbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2012 at 3:08am
Since my husband does not live/work in saudi arabia ( KSA) anymore, as per procedure he did visit his nearest consulate of Saudi Arabia in dubai with his passport copy, fingerprints along with the official request letter as received from canadian embassy of abudhabi, however as mentioned in my previous email, the officers at the KSA consulate refused to accept the official request from canadian embassy and turned him away saying they do not process any PCC( police clearance) anymore and cannot help him!?! He visited them many times hoping to meet the right person perhaps and finally get some help..... But was of no use......he was turned away repeatedly from the KSA consulate in dubai. They even said something so ridiculous....that " we work only for the Saudis and no one else!"

Anyhow, my husband even tried to fly to KSA to get the PCC himself but he never managed to get his visa.......he left KSA for over 10 years so have no friends either who could have offered help! Hope you can visualize our helpless situation!! Now we have no choice but to leave everything in the hands of almighty!

computergeek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote computergeek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2012 at 9:43pm
This is discussed in another forum (requesting a KSA police clearance letter from the UAE).

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/how-to-obtain-police-clearance-from-ksa-t87598.0.html

I have also read (elsewhere) that they require a copy of the passport that was used when resident in Saudi Arabia as well as copies of the visa and the payment of various fees.

I do not believe this is submitted in person; I would expect it is submitted via mail.  This might be why he was refused as well (in other words, they don't give these out in person, they do it via mail.)  I don't know that this is the case, it is just a possibility.

FSW applied 6/09, denied (med inadmissible) 12/11. JR leave granted 7/12, discontinued 9/12. Spousal app PPR 9/12. Landed 13 October 2012
Barbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2012 at 2:36am
Hi as mentioned earlier, my husband went to his nearest Saudi consulate to submit the followings as listed below, but nobody entertained him, saying they don't accept such requests anymore. His application was submitted on 1st week of July 2011.....does anyone know how many more months would Abu dhabi take to process his visa finally!!!???Cry

1.     Copy of your passport. 
  2.     Legally issued fingerprints certificate from the police department. 
Mississauga99 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mississauga99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2012 at 2:26am
It's very simple to get one. Just get a letter from Canadian Embassy, take it to Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the will stamp it. If you are in Riyadh the certificate issueing authority is near Batha 2nd overhead bridge. Let me now if you need further information.
Ammen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ammen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2012 at 1:54pm
It is very easy process to get PCC from  Saudi arabia if you redisent, if you not resident in Saudi arabia, find some friends who live in Saudi Arabia, send old Iqama Copy, there are so many agency help you to get PCC from KSA( you must send letter from Abudhabi CIC, passport copy and old Iqama copy), hope this will help u, if u want any agency name let me know
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic