Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Skilled Worker / Independent Immigration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Preparing my immigration package. Need help!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mhindawy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Preparing my immigration package. Need help!
    Posted: 05 May 2012 at 3:25pm
I am preparing my immigration package as a skilled worker but I have some questions. My questions may sound redundant but please help me.

1. I am taking the IELTS this month but not sure how the results will be sent to the immigration office. I know my way around TOEFL but completely new to IELTS.

2. I remember there was a medical test when I first looked at the web site, but now I don't see any trace of that. Do I still submit medical test results.

3. The Canada immigration web site says that the processing time is 28 months or so. Does this mean I will not find out if I am accepted or rejected until the end?

Thanks...
Maha
canvis2006 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canvis2006 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2012 at 3:04pm
1. You wait for the test report which you will receive after the test. Include that as proof of language proficiency.

2. The Visa Office will request and send the medical forms to you after the initial assessment by the designated visa officer.

3. That's right. Nothing is final until the visa is issued and you land in Canada, so continue life as it is.
mhindawy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mhindawy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2012 at 2:46pm
Thank... U r a lot of help.
Maha
bhavikham View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhavikham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2012 at 9:04am
Dear mhindawy,

Where did you find the processing time of 28 months ? This could be the period for applications submitted prior to July, 2011. The processing time for application submitted under MI3 (after July,2011) is much less.

Regards,
bhavikham View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhavikham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2012 at 9:25am
Dear mhindawy,

If you are planning to apply under Federal Skill Worker Category, the quota (cap) of 10,000 applications has already reached and your application will not be accepted until new guidelines that is expected in June, 2012.

Yes, you may explore other categories / options.

Regards,
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic