Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Canadian Citizenship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Family Citizenship Application QUESTION

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alexum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Family Citizenship Application QUESTION
    Posted: 03 May 2012 at 9:18am
Hello All,

I have a question, I attended my test on April 16th with my wife (So family app including our kid)in St. Clair office, I still havent received anything where single application people who have done the tests earlier starting to get the letters already!!!

By the way congratulations to all of you who got it already.

QUESTION: if anybody has that expertise, is the  family application usually takes more time neither single app?

Thank you guys - just in case somebody has experience with this comparison.
dpenabill View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dpenabill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2012 at 12:13pm
I do not really know if there is a difference, or much of a difference even if there is one, but from the reports we see in this forum it appears that it does not make a difference . . . EXCEPT if there are significantly different facts for one member of the family, and in particular, if one member of the family has extended absences, residential or work ties abroad, or some other circumstances increasing the risk of RQ, that can slow down the processing time for the entire family.

That said, applying separately when a family immigrated together seems, in itself, to also be a factor that elevates the risk of RQ . . . no idea by how much, and probably not by much at all if otherwise the application is very strong and the applicant, or applicants clearly were actually, physically present in Canada for more than 1095 days during the relevant four year period (best to have a significant margin over and above 1095 days of physical presence at the time of applying).
Bureaucracy is what bureaucracy does, or When in doubt, follow the instructions. Otherwise, follow the instructions.

BTW: Not an expert, not a Can. lawyer, never worked in immigration
alexum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alexum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2012 at 12:18pm
Thank you very much dpenabill, when we applied I had around 1250 and my wife around 1150....

I did also give a call to CIC and so they advised that I haven't been scheduled for the oath and it can take up to 6 month - as usual BUT the lady informed me that I did pass the test...she doesn't know about the wife as she needs to speak to them on her own...but she was nice and says most likely she passed too, we still have no update not on ecase and no letter as of yet, I am starting to be worried....

Thanks again dpenabill.
alexum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alexum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2012 at 12:45pm
dpenabill - in case of RQ, do you know whos responsibility it is and who is sending it?

CIC/Sydney or Local Office?
dpenabill View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dpenabill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2012 at 4:28pm
Local office or the Citizenship Judge, usually local office issues a RQ. All CIC/Sydney does is confirm *eligibility* for citizenship, not whether citizenship should actually be granted.

The risk of RQ is quite low, especially given the number of days (1150 plus) of physical presence . . . unless there is some reason to doubt the residency calculation submitted by one or the other, so I would not worry about RQ.

You would probably know you have a risk for RQ if you have one.

Each of you should probably also know whether or not you passed the test.

I do not know what happens when one person in a family fails the test . . . I think others have reported on this in the forum but I do not recall what they said precisely. I think the whole family waits for the person who failed the test to see the Citizenship Judge who conducts an oral interview/test. This is not RQ. RQ is a specific form and request for additional information and documentation regarding meeting the residency requirement.

Mostly, at this stage, be patient. You should find out about the test results soon enough . . . although it is common for applicants to wait for two to four months before they are scheduled for the oath.

Patience mostly, just patience.
Bureaucracy is what bureaucracy does, or When in doubt, follow the instructions. Otherwise, follow the instructions.

BTW: Not an expert, not a Can. lawyer, never worked in immigration
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic