Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Canadian Citizenship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

oath letter question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alexum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: oath letter question
    Posted: 01 May 2012 at 3:23pm
Hi Guys,

Question about the oath for whoever has got it already, how long time (days/weeks) they give you usually, say you got the letter today, when is the actual date for oath?

I am traveling with my job a lot so would be nice to have any idea.

Thank you all.
BlackRacon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackRacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2012 at 3:56pm
Hi alexum,
In most cases now, you will have at least four weeks notice. in some cases, you have at least two weeks. Personally, I got about five weeks notice.

Racon
alexum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alexum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2012 at 4:44pm
Thank you BlackRacon...
that works for me as usually I am trying not to schedule my trips for more than two weeks....

I just hope that I cleared the test and will get my notice soon, same to everybody who is awaiting....
BlackRacon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackRacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2012 at 5:57pm
Congratulations alexum! Enjoy and relax.
Racon
benson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2012 at 3:29am
7.6. Notifying candidates
Citizenship staff should send the Notice to Appear to Take the Oath of Citizenship (CIT 0024)
form, to candidates who have met all the requirements for citizenship. An Information Sheet for
Candidates (Appendix A) should be included with the Notice to Appear.
7.6.1. Notice to Appear to Take the Oath of Citizenship
The Notice to Appear should be sent to the candidates at least 14 calendar days before the
ceremony so that it reaches each candidate at least seven days before the ceremony.
The date, time and place for the ceremony should be included in the space provided on the
Notice to Appear. Citizenship offices may also wish to include their phone number on the form.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/cp/cp15-eng.pdf

alexum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alexum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2012 at 9:53am
Perfect Thanks benson....
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic