Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Visa / Temporary Entry Topics > Visit Visa
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I want my friend to visit my wedding

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adviceseeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I want my friend to visit my wedding
    Posted: 01 May 2012 at 12:52pm
Hi!

My friend has a work permit in USA. He works as a researcher at a university. He's been working there for almost a year. He is a citizen of a country for which Canada requires a visitor visa (Russia). I would really like him to visit my wedding in Canada. Does anyone know what I should do to make this happen? I tried to call a consulate in USA closest to him and ask them, but they were not very helpful. They told me to call their other office in Los Angeles. Over there they don't even pick up calls. Instead, just a recording is played which gives basic instructions. My question is, do I need to write an invitation for him? If so, what shall I include in it? Does he have a better chance of getting visa because he works and lives in the USA, as opposed to if he was applying from Russia?
steph_p View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steph_p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2012 at 11:43am
Based on Canadian Immigration laws, it seems you will need to write the formal invitation for your friend to obtain the required visa. If you need more help, I would suggest contacting FWCanada, a Canadian Immigration law firm for more detailed advice  http://www.canadianimmigration.net/criminality-and-inadmissibility/temporary-resident-permit.html
Their toll-free number is 1-855-316-3555
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic