Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canadian Employment / Jobs > Canada Job Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Moving From Ireland

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Moving From Ireland
    Posted: 29 Apr 2012 at 11:28am
Hi Everyone
My husband and I are looking at moving to Canada from Ireland, we are currently looking at Toronto as I have a cousin there.  I am looking for some advice on jobs and where might be the best place for this.  I am a Community Development Officer working with communities, trying to build their capacity and also giving them funding for what their needs maybe.  My husband is a Civil Engineer, with managerial experience and working in the infrastructure/commerical area.  Where would the best place be for us to move to be as we have no family yet and have no problem moving to a rural area/urban area, but we would both like to work in our areas of work.
Thanks
C
canvis2006 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canvis2006 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 11:05pm
Start here:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/index.asp

You can't just move and start working in another country. You either have to obtain a work permit to work in Canada, or immigrate to Canada under one of the categories. The above link has all the information.

Otherwise you would just be visiting Canada.
MajidS View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MajidS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2012 at 7:44pm
Or if you are under 36, apply for the working holiday visa for Irish nationals .....

steph_p View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steph_p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2012 at 3:17pm
Coming from an English-speaking country I assume you have a superior (if not native) competency of English. This would give you a huge advantage over other applicants applying through the Provincial programs. More info on each province's program can be found here http://www.canadianimmigration.net/immigrate-to-canada/provincial-programs.html
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic