Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Skilled Worker / Independent Immigration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

got my application returned back - mistakes

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adam711 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: got my application returned back - mistakes
    Posted: 29 Jan 2010 at 7:32am
Hi all

I got my application back with a highlighted mistake, which is:

"The main duties listed in Schedule 3, page 2 of your application are insufficient. Please provide a detailed description of your main duties performed in the identified occupation."

in my application, i wrote:

NOC 4131
less than 1 year
-Deliever Cisco networking courses
-Train on Cisco hardware/software

NOC 4131
1 year but less than 2
-Deliever IT related courses

so i just modified to this to:

NOC 4131
1 year but less than 2
-Deliver Cisco networking courses
-Train on Cisco hardware and software
-Supervise the students working in the lab
-Provide consultancy support for customers
-Specialize in Routing, Switching, Security

NOC 4131
1 year but less than 2
-Deliver general IT related courses
-Provide basic IT and help desk support
-Involve in setting up the labs for training
-Participate in scheduling the courses

can you please tell me if this is sufficient or not?
krisp View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote krisp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2010 at 9:54am
In my opinion , your details are still generic and not specific. Try to make them as specific as possible and illustrate them.
https://spreadsheets0.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0Asl8-K_6JIWYdFBxa1ZDZ1dtQmpna2t6UHBvR285clE&output=html
Immigration Expert View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Immigration  Expert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2010 at 2:57pm

Hi,

Attached please find some info regarding NOC 4131 and immigration requirements. I hope it can help you to determine what is important on your file to make a proper submission.

Good luck!

9.1. Minimum requirements

The officer reviews the applicant’s work experience to determine if the applicant meets theminimum requirements to apply as a skilled worker, as stipulated in R75.

The applicant must have at least one year of continuous full-time paid work experience, or the continuous part-time equivalent, in the category of Skill Type 0, or Skill Level A or B, according to the Canadian National Occupational Classification (NOC)

The work experience which will be assessed for all skilled worker applicants must:

have occurred within the 10 years preceding the date of application;

not be in an occupation that is considered a restricted occupation. At the time of printing, there were no occupations designated as restricted. However, for the most up-to-date listing, refer to the Skilled Workers and Professionals Web page at

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/index.asp.

The applicant must have:

performed the actions described in the lead statement for the occupation (or occupations) as set out in the occupational description of the NOC (R75(2)(b));

performed a substantial number of the main duties, including all of the essential duties, of the occupation as set out in the occupational description of the NOC (R75(2)(c)).

http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2006/QuickSearch.aspx?val65=4131

4131 College and Other Vocational Instructors

This unit group includes instructors who teach applied arts, academic, technical and vocational subjects to students at community colleges, CEGEPs, agricultural colleges, technical and vocational institutes, language schools and other college level schools. This unit group also includes trainers who are employed by private training establishments, companies, community agencies and governments to deliver internal training or development courses. College teachers who are heads of departments are included in this group.

Example Titles

CEGEP teacher
college teacher
commercial art instructor
community college teacher
company trainer
computer training instructor
department chairperson – college
department head – CEGEP
firefighting instructor
language school instructor
teacher – institute of technology
teacher, legal assistant program
training officer – company
vocational institute teacher

View all titles

Main duties

College and other vocational instructors perform some or all of the following duties:
  • Teach students using a systematic plan of lectures, demonstrations, discussion groups, laboratory work, shop sessions, seminars, case studies, field assignments and independent or group projects
  • Develop curriculum and prepare teaching materials and outlines for courses
  • Prepare, administer and mark tests and papers to evaluate students' progress
  • Advise students on program curricula and career decisions
  • Provide individualized tutorial/remedial instructions
  • Supervise independent or group projects, field placements, laboratory work or hands-on training
  • Supervise teaching assistants
  • May provide consultation services to government, business and other organizations
  • May serve on committees concerned with matters such as budgets, curriculum revision, and course and diploma requirements.
  • These instructors specialize in particular fields or areas of study such as visual arts, dental hygiene, welding, engineering technology, policing, computer software, management and early childhood education.

Employment requirements

• A bachelor's degree, a college diploma or demonstrated expertise in the field of instruction is required.
  • A master's degree in the field of instruction may be required.
  • A certificate, diploma or degree in adult education may be required.
  • For instructors of trades, completion of apprenticeship training and industry or trade certification are required. Additional courses in teaching or a provincial teaching certificate may be required.

Additional information

• In Québec, trades are taught in the secondary school system.
  • Progression to administrative positions in post-secondary education is possible with experience.

Classified elsewhere

• Instructors teaching non-academic or non-vocational courses (in 4216 Other Instructors )
  • Secondary School Teachers (4141)
  • University Professors (4121)

Originally posted by adam711 adam711 wrote:

Hi all

I got my application back with a highlighted mistake, which is:

"The main duties listed in Schedule 3, page 2 of your application are insufficient. Please provide a detailed description of your main duties performed in the identified occupation."

in my application, i wrote:

NOC 4131
less than 1 year
-Deliever Cisco networking courses
-Train on Cisco hardware/software

NOC 4131
1 year but less than 2
-Deliever IT related courses

so i just modified to this to:

NOC 4131
1 year but less than 2
-Deliver Cisco networking courses
-Train on Cisco hardware and software
-Provide consultancy support for customers
-Specialize in Routing, Switching, Security

NOC 4131
1 year but less than 2
-Deliver general IT related courses
-Provide basic IT and help desk support
-Involve in setting up the labs for training
-Participate in scheduling the courses

can you please tell me if this is sufficient or not?
Immigration Expert
http://bilyk.ca

DISCLAIMER
Posts on this forum are provided for information purposes only and in no way are intended as legal or immigration advice.
ae03yy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ae03yy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2010 at 9:31pm
Here is what i had on mine, maybe you can get ideas from it and redo yours
Among the many teaching jobs i had, Laboratory Demonstrator (NOC 4122)
< ="-" ="text/; =utf-8">< name="ProgId" ="Word.">< name="Generator" ="Microsoft Word 10">< name="Originator" ="Microsoft Word 10">

" -Teach one or more university subjects to undergraduate and graduate students by conducting laboratory sessions or discussion groups;"

" -Monitor students understanding of the productive and perceptive mechanism of Standard French so they may reach adequate pronunciation of French sounds;"

" -Develop curriculum and prepare teaching materials and outlines for language lab;"

" -Prepare, administer, supervise and mark both laboratory work or hands-on activity and independent or group projects to evaluate students' progress."

Also, Tutor (NOC 4131)
< ="-" ="text/; =utf-8">< name="ProgId" ="Word.">< name="Generator" ="Microsoft Word 10">< name="Originator" ="Microsoft Word 10">

" -Provide consultation services to Brock University community and beyond with individualized tutorial/remedial instructions;"

" -Render one-on-one lessons in Writing, Reading, Speaking, with an emphasis on phonological and grammatical rules according to students’ academic and career needs;"

" -Support given to participants in their studies of French through the use of various techniques/methodology to enhance their ability as second language learners."     

Then Facilitator Support (NOC 4212)

" -Assist clients in locating and utilizing community employment resources, supervise their activities and discuss any  difficulties or problems, and assist in pre-release and release planning;"

" -Assist participants to sort out options and develop plans of action while providing necessary support and assistance in job readiness hunt through a customer service representative skills development program;"  

" -One-on-one support to teach how to search and use Internet, build-in emails proficiency and cope with Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Access, Excel, and Outlook) in accordance with the syllabus and the program facilitator;"

" -Implement a variety of social assistance programs and community services to enhance clients' ability to deal with personal, social and mental health problems."

Finally, Second Language Instructor (NOC 4131)

" -Individualized curriculum aiming at students preparation for the Oral and/or Written examination of the Federal Public Commission;"

" -Manage reports and activities with the aids of various pedagogical resources so as to teach Grammar, Lexicon, Syntax, Phonetics, French language history and cultures, etc;"

" -Be alert on student errors and provide prompt correction in eiither French or English;"

" -Prepare pedagogical material and simulation tests to reinforce second language learning process;"

" -And attend meetings to discuss what strategies to adopt for a successful learning experience."

krisp View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote krisp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2010 at 5:56am
Did it work afterwards? Did you do it again ?
https://spreadsheets0.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0Asl8-K_6JIWYdFBxa1ZDZ1dtQmpna2t6UHBvR285clE&output=html
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic