Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Korean-Tourist VISA while processing PR okay?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
MrCanKor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrCanKor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Korean-Tourist VISA while processing PR okay?
    Posted: 17 Apr 2012 at 5:36am
I have lived in Korea for 3 years.

Me and my partner want to be together and live in Canada.  Originally we had prepared a SPONSORSHIP application for PR VISA as common-law as it is a reflection of how we have lived over the past 2 years... a genuine common-law partnership.  But I realize that marriage is stronger for our PR application is an true reflection of our feelings for each other... so we plan to be married soon.

QUESTION
Is being married very close to the time of filling a PR application from abroad a bad idea? (We have supporting documentation for a 2.5 year relationship... so I'm not worried about proving our commitment to each other... but does this add suspicion to the processing?)

QUESTION
We are going to file an application for PR (within the month) for my (soon to be) Korean wife.  We will file as an 'out of country' from Korea because it seems to be much speedier.  Shortly after that I will relocate to Canada and want her to come with me... hopefully on the same flight. 

Will she be able to come to Canada as a tourist while waiting for the PR Visa?  
We fully intend for her to have an exit ticket out of Canada within the 6 months of the allowable Korean in Canada tourist VISA... and hopefully do the same again... until she has PR.

Should Tourist VISA to Canada for a Korean national be okay while processing a PR VISA or would this jeopardize the PR VISA application process?  Or would she be refused entry into Canada while the PR VISA is in process?

I have read conflicting things.

Thank you.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic