Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tokyo Timeline/Discussion

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miss Kitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tokyo Timeline/Discussion
    Posted: 01 Dec 2009 at 1:22am
Hello,

I just sent in the application to CIC-Mississauga on Monday Nov 30/09.
I am living with my partner in Japan.
I am just wondering how long other people had to wait to be approved and what their timelines were like.

Quick question: I am a Canadian Citizen and am planning on returning to Canada before my partner.  Does anyone have any information on the landing process?  Do we HAVE to go together or will it be fine if I am already in Canada and then my partner comes after?

Cheers,

Miss Kitty
Miss Kitty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miss Kitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2009 at 1:25am
here is a link to the previous discussions that were happening on the old forum

http://www.immigration.ca/discussion2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=44961
peachy871 View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peachy871 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2009 at 7:40am
Hi Miss Kitty! I am nearly the same situation as you. I am also in Japan and sponsoring my partner. We sent our applications on November 16/09 and still just waiting to find out what happens next.

I don't know the answer to your question for sure but I am pretty positive you can go on ahead of him. I would have to look up the info regarding what happens during the landing process, but many people do it the way you are describing: the sponsor is in the country first and the applicant arrives later.

You may get an answer from someone who knows this info off the top of their head but if I find something on it, I will be sure to post it.
Peachy
Miss Kitty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miss Kitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2009 at 9:26pm
This is the most up-to-date timeline I found on the previous Forum...... including updates from this current forum. Cheers!

APPLICATIONS APPROVED as of year 2008 - Present:

Tokian
Oct 01/08 - Sponsorship and PRA sent to CIC-M
Oct 06/08 - Application received by CIC-M
Nov 05/08 - Sponsorship approved PRA sent to Manila
Nov 11/08 - PRA process started in Manila (Passport Request)
Nov 28/08 - Manila notifies us by mail that PRA has been transferred to Tokyo Office
Dec 01/08 - PRA process started in Tokyo
Dec 25/08 - Passport submitted to Tokyo office in person
Jan 14/09 - Sent email to confirm Tokyo received Passport and PRA
Jan 15/09 - Tokyo Office confirms they received passport and PRA is being processed
Feb 06/09 - Received letter from Tokyo office confirming application was received and requesting a copy of Sponsor's passport pages 2 and 3.
Feb 18/09 - Submitted Sponsor's passport copy (pages 2&3) in person to the embassy
May 15/09 - Application approved, request to pay Right of Permanent Resident Fee before visa issuance.
Processing time: 7 months 9 days

dissidence
FEB 09/09 - they received the application
FEB 26/09 - started processing and returned (missing a signature) was fixed and sent back the next business day.
MAR 12/09 - approved sponsorship application sent to Tokyo.
APR 09/09 - started processing my wife's application.
MAY 20/09 - interview requested.
JUN 01/09 - Interview conducted, application approved, request to pay Right of Permanent Resident Fee before visa issuance.
JUN 10/09 - paid RPRF
Processing time: 4 months 1 day

tandex
OCT 07/08 - Application received by CIC-Mississauga
NOV 07/08 - processing your application
NOV 12/08 - sponsorship approved
NOV 18/08 - started processing application on November 18, 2008.
MAR 18/09 - transferred application to the Tokyo office
MAR 20/09 - received passport request (didn't request any other docs)
JUN 13/09 - Application approved, passport, visa, application returned by registered Japan Post
Processing time: 8 months 6 days

mmh
Sep 30/08 - CIC-M received application to sponsor.
Oct 30/08 - CIC-M started processing application. Application approved. Sent to Manila
Nov 11/08 - Manila started processing PR application.
Dec 09/08 - Manila transferred PR application to the Tokyo office.
May 19/09 - Letter received requesting proof of intention to return to Canada.
JUN 23/09 - Application approved, passport, application returned by registered Japan Post
Processing time: 8 months 24 days

baseout
Mar 09/09 - sent application (from Japan using EMS)
Mar 12/09 - Application received in Missisauga
Mar 25/09 - Sponsorship approved, application sent to Tokyo
Apr 27/09 - Receive Confirmation of Receipt of Application (dated April 24)
Apr 27/09 - PPR
Jul 20/09 - Application approved, passport received
Processing time: 4 months 8 days

Empenguin
OCT 04/08 - Application sent to CIC-Mississauga
OCT 08/08 - Application received by CIC-Mississauga
NOV 05/08 - Sponsorship Approved, forwarded to HK office (wrong office)
NOV 08/08 - Approval letter received
NOV 10/08 - Faxed CIC-Miss asking them to fix their error
NOV 12/08 - CIC-Mississauga fixes error and says app will be transferred to Manila office (correct office)
NOV 17/08 - Received updated sponsorship approval letter
FEB 02/09 - Received email from Hong Kong saying Application was transferred to Manila in early December
MAR 10/09 - Received letter from Mississauga dated March 6 saying that our application was transferred from Manila to Tokyo
APR 29/09 - Received AOR, Passport Request, and request for Koseki Tohon & Kaiseigen Koseki Tohon. Dated APR 27/09
MAY 04/09 - ECAS update: In Process (since April 27/09), Medicals Received
MAY 18/09 - Passport received at Tokyo Office
MAY 19/09 - Koseki Tohon and Kaiseigen received at Tokyo Office
AUG 04/09 - ECAS: Decision Made
AUG 25/09 - Application approved, passport received.
AUG 26/09 - Landed at Peace Bridge, Ontario
Processing time: 10 months 17 days

canahime
Feb 05/09 - Sent application
Feb 06/09 - Application received by CIC Mississauga
Feb 25/09 - Started processing application
Apr 01/09 - Sponsorship approved, application sent to Tokyo
Jun 04/09 - Processing began in Tokyo
Oct 14/09 - Application approved, passport received
Oct 15/09 - Landed in Canada 
Processing time: 8 months 8 days

luna2
MAR 04/09 - App. received at CPC-M
MAR 17/09 - Sponsorship in process, CPC-M returned our app
MAR 24/09 - Received app and letter requesting missing docs
MAR 27/09 - Re-received at CPC-M
APR 02/09 - Sponsorship approved and forwarded to Tokyo Office
APR 07/09 - Approval letter received
JUN 01/09 - ECAS: "We started processing your application on May 27"
JUN 05/09 - AOR and Passport Request
Oct 14/09 - Application approved, passport received
Processing time: 7 months 10 days

NeedSleep
NOV 10/09 - Application sent to CIC-Mississauga
NOV 16/09 - Application rec'd by CIC-M
DEC 8/09 - Started processing/ Decision Made/ Sponsor approved/ App. forwarded to Tokyo
DEC 15/09 - Received Letter. Sponsorship Approved.
DEC 22/09 - Tokyo started processing app.
JAN 1/10 - Passport request.
JAN 5/10 - Passport sent to Tokyo.
JAN 12/10 - Decision made.

JAN 15/10 - Passport returned. APPLICATION APPROVED!
Processing time: 3 months 5 days

gts02
Oct 19/09 - Made payment to CIC through internet.
Oct 20/09 - Sent off application via Xpress Post.
Oct 21/09 - Xpress Post Tracking confirmed application received at CIC Mississauga.
Nov 9/09 - ECAS updated to 'Decision Made'.
Nov 16/09 - Received letter of Sponsorship Approval and that application was sent off to Tokyo Visa Office.
Nov 23/09 - ECAS updated to 'In Process'. PR application was in process on Nov 20.
Dec 22, 2009 - My partner received email requesting interview at Tokyo office on Jan 8, 2010. Requested to bring Passports, Birth Certificates (both hers and her sons), Police Certificate (the current one expired during processing) and a filled out copy of IMM 5604.
Dec 24, 2009 - My partner received letter in the mail with IMM 5604 to be filled out.
Jan 8, 2010 - Had the interview and now waiting.
Jan 25, 2010 - ECAS updated to 'Decision Made'. Medicals received.
Jan 29, 2010 - Received passports. PR application approved!
Processing Time: 3 months 10 days 

peachy871
NOV 16/09 - Applications sent to CPC-M 
NOV 19/09 - Applications received by CPC-M 
DEC 16/09 - Decision made re sponsorship. Letter sent. 
JAN 5/10 - AOR received, 2 forms and passport requested. 
JAN 14/10- Passport and forms sent to visa office. 
JAN 15/10- Rcv'd at visa office (per tracking on Japan Post)
JAN 14/10 - email requesting interview for FEB 22/10 *EMAIL NOT RECEIVED*
MAR 19/10 - Interview re-scheduled.  (to bring passport? and ongoing documentation).
MAR 19/10 - Interview Finished. Accepted.  Waiting for Passport to be returned with Visa.
MAR 29/10 - Passport Returned. Application Approved!!
Processing Time: 4 months and 13 days 

Miss Kitty
NOV 30/09 - sent Application to CIC-M
DEC 7/10 - CIC-M received application to sponsor.
JAN 4/10 - E-CAS - Decision made.  Letter Sent. Application forwarded to TOKYO.
JAN 11/10 - Sponsorship Approved. Letter Received. 
JAN 18/10 - e-cas updated. Tokyo Office has started processing Application.
MAR 9/10 - Letter received from Tokyo Visa Office. Confirming receipt and requesting my partners passport, and updated information re: re-establishing plans in Canada
MAR 17/10 - Passport and Information sent to Visa Office
MAR 18/10 - Email requesting interview for April 2/10, Replied requesting to re-schedule interview date.
APR 23/10 - Interview re-scheduled in Tokyo
APR 30/10 - Passport Returned.  Application Approved!!!!!!!
Processing Time: 5 months 

Nukke
DEC 29/09 - PR application sent to CIC-M
JAN 26/10 - Sponsor Approval
FEB 3/10 - PR Processing began
MAR 4/10 - Confirmation Letter from Tokyo, additional info requested (FBI police check, passport, additional proof of sponsor reestablishing in Canada)
MAR 10/10 - Additional info sent to Tokyo 
MAR 11/10 Fingerprints mailed to FBI
MAR 29/10 - Passport sent to Tokyo
MAY 24/10 - FBI records arrive in mail and sent to Tokyo
MAY 27/10 - Requested passport back from Tokyo
MAY 29/10 - Passport returned and PR status approved!

Elapsed Time: 6 months

Manachinu
Category: FAM
Visa Office: Tokyo
App. Filed: 01-03-2010
Sponsor Approved : 29-03-2010
File Transfer: 29-03-2010
Med Done 03-02-2010 , Sent 29-03-2010
PR In Progress: 09-04-2010
AOR & PPR: 12-07-2010
Passport Submitted: 13-07-2010
11-August-2010 - Passport returned. APPLICATION APPROVED!
Elapsed Time: ~8months

APPLICATION WAITING LIST as of year 2009 to Present: 3

lukeelliot
FEB 24/09 - Sponsorship and Permanent Resident applications sent to CIC-M
MAR 02/09 - Applications received by CIC-M
MAR 13/09 - Sponsorship approved; Application for Permanent Resident forwarded to Tokyo
MAR 21/09 - Received letter (dated 4/16) confirming the above from CIC-M
APR 14/09 - Received confirmation of receipt of immigration package from Tokyo
APR 21/09 - e-cas update: "We started processing your application on April 16, 2009."
Elapsed time: Over 1 year

Hiroki
MAR 03/09 - sent our application to CIC-Mississauga
MAR 18/09 - my sponsor was approved
APR 20/09 - got a letter from the Tokyo office, it requested my passport and a copy of page 2 and 3 of my sponsor's passport.
APR 21/09 sent back both of them to the Tokyo office by registered mail
Elapsed time: over 1 year

Breetai
DEC 15/09 - Application sent to CIC-Mississauga
DEC 21/09 - CIC-Mississauga received your application to sponsor
JAN 11/10 -started processing your application.  Letter sent.
JAN 18/10 -Approval letter received
Feb. 1/10 ECAS updated to 'In Process'.  PR application was in process on Jan. 26.
Elapsed Time: 7 months 

Edited by Miss Kitty - 11 Aug 2010 at 12:14pm
peachy871 View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peachy871 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2009 at 8:18pm
Looks like the sponsorship approval takes about a month on average. Must stop checking ECAS almost everyday and getting drepressed because I am not in the system yet. CIC-M received my app on Nov 19th (according to EMS tracking) so I still have a bit of a wait.

Any other updates out there?

I feel like we lost all our fellow Japan people when we moved over to this new forum!
Peachy
Breetai View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Breetai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2009 at 7:17am
What happened to the old forum?  I had to make a new membership to get here.  Anyway...

They *will* need her US police report. The only thing they don't require you to send in is a Canadian report, which they usually do themselves, but can request from you mid-process. You definitely do not want them to request anything from you, as it significantly delays everything. They use a system of bring-forward dates, meaning if your application is missing something, they'll request it from you, and set a date in the future (Seems to usually be between 1-3 months) and they won't look at your application until then, regardless of how quickly you get that new documentation to them. It's always good to send everything to them as soon as you can before the ask for it.

Well, that's not what I wanted to hear.  Getting a criminal record check from the FBI (which they request you get) takes FOUR months.  Absolutely insane.  I think it would be months faster to send my application asap (planning on it maybe tomorrow) and send away to the FBI.  At the very least, my sponsorship can be approved and maybe a few months of processing can be taken care of.  A month or two delay is better than the four months the FBI takes, I'm sure!!!  I am really hating this whole process.  One headache after another.

Even worse (well, good but bad as far as the immigration process is concerned), she just tested positive on a pregnancy test a few days ago!  We're thinking of going to Canada in about 7 months and have her be a tourist if she doesn't have her PR yet and we'll just have to pay money at the hospital when she gives birth there, as she won't be under health care (insurance) as a tourist.  If she gives birth in Japan, everything is messed up again regarding immigration.  Actually, we're thinking that Japanese insurance (hoken) might cover 70% of an overseas birth, but not sure yet.  Again, this whole process is full of headaches and stress.

So, I'm planning on sending everything off sans the US criminal record check.  It might delay us a couple months, but waiting for the FBI check is four months.

One more thing.  It's looking like, on the applicant applications, that we DO NOT paste photos on the applications.  I've put the 9 photos in envelopes as they ask, but they don't say if I should be pasting photos to the applications or if they do it with the photos I send in the envelops.

Edited by Breetai - 13 Dec 2009 at 7:20am
NeedSleep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NeedSleep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2009 at 1:30am
OK!  new forum, new registration but still NeedSleep!!

Here's some good news....SPONSORSHIP APPROVED!!!!  So for those of you who just sent your applications in November, you should hear something soon!  I know the feeling peachy, I was like "why am I not on ecas! WHY!!"  But I checked last week after there tuesday update (using my receipt #) and there I was.  Here's my time line:

NOV 10/09 - Application sent to CIC-Mississauga
NOV 16/09 - Application rec'd by CIC-M
DEC 8/09 - Started processing/ Decision Made/ Sponsor approved/ App. forwarded to Tokyo

This was all according to ECAS.  I didn't get the approval letter until today, and it took about one week for me to receive it. 
Breetai View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Breetai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2009 at 11:35am
DEC 15/09 - Application sent to CIC-Mississauga
DEC 21/09 - CIC-Mississauga received your application to sponsor
JAN 11/10 -started processing your application.  Letter sent.
JAN 18/10 -Approval letter received

Edited by Breetai - 18 Jan 2010 at 9:41am
peachy871 View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peachy871 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2009 at 3:43am
Yayyyy, NeedSleep!!! That is great news!!! Congrats!

Glad to hear that! My neighbours are actually going through the same process. They submitted their applications in early October and just got their notice regarding the sponsorship approval as well.

I just checked ECAS and still not there but hoping it will show up next week. Or who knows, perhaps I will be processed just after they update ECAS (usually Tuesdays) and will get the letter at some point before it is in the system. Fingers crossed. I look at it this way...if I haven't gotten our apps returned yet, it's probably a good sign!
Peachy
peachy871 View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peachy871 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2009 at 3:46am
Oh yeah...re what happened to the old forum...I guess there were too many spammers on there and a few other things getting out of hand so they created a new forum with moderators and better blocks against spam. At least that is what I understand...
Peachy
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>
  Share Topic