Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tokyo Timeline/Discussion

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 78910>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lorie09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2010 at 2:01pm

Can someone here let me know how long it usually takes to get a police clearance from Tokyo?

Thanks in advance.
manachinu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manachinu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2010 at 3:02pm
1 week
peachy871 View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peachy871 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2010 at 9:09pm
Originally posted by manachinu manachinu wrote:

Finally got reply from Tokyo embassy. ITs left me confused, guess people who email and people who work on visa are not in sync. My app is already being processed and they emailed saying , they will contact my wife as and when they start working on my app. Also not clear if they will email or post :(Mentioned it will take 6 months for processing, which is hard to believe.

It very possibly could take 6 months; but it might be longer...or shorter. I think they probably just said that as a guideline. It varies from case to case. Hang in there! Hopefully it will be shorter than 6 months.
Peachy
Miss Kitty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miss Kitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2010 at 5:05am
I have been so busy lately!  Barely anytime to give a quick update.  
My partner and I both went to Tokyo for the Interview on April 23.  The interview was fine.  We only had to wait about 15 minutes.  My partner's entire interview lasted about 10 minutes.   At the end of the interview the I.O informed my partner that they would grant the Visa!!!!!  They were aware that I was waiting outside but did not ask to speak with me.  We received my partners passport and out photos and other documents via Registered Mail on April 30, the PR VISA was inside!!!!!!  YAY!!!!  

Planning on landing in Vancouver mid August.  At that time, my partner will stay for about 2 weeks but then return to Japan to clear up work/family/loose ends, while I finish my schooling and get set-up with a place to live etc.  Does anyone have any information about the PR card?  I hear that it take a month or 2 to receive after landing in Canada.  Can I just send it to my partner in Japan when it is mailed?  Or will my partner need it when leaving Canada?  

Cheers
peachy871 View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peachy871 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2010 at 9:04am
Hi Miss Kitty! Congratulations!! That is great news!! I am so happy for you two! And think it is wonderful that you only had to wait about 15 minutes! We waited about 2 hours despite no other people there for an interview...lol.

What a great feeling to have that visa in hand, eh? Hope you celebrated! Did you stay in Tokyo for the weekend? Would have been a great opportunity!
Peachy
Miss Kitty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miss Kitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2010 at 9:25am
It is awesome to actually have the Visa...almost unbelievable....so much work put into it, we are so grateful to have been granted such an awesome opportunity together!

We actually went to Tokyo Friday afternoon and came back Saturday afternoon.  My parents were in visiting from Canada so we wanted to get back asap. 
Nukke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nukke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2010 at 1:10am
Update for us--  We finally got my fiance's FBI records back from the states on May 24th, and we mailed them to Tokyo CIC that day.  On the 27th (two days ago), we emailed CIC to request his passport back because he's leaving the country on June 23rd.

His passport arrived in the mail today... WITH HIS PR STATUS AND VISA!  We weren't expecting this at all!!!  6 months--to the day--from when we sent in the application.

Now we just have to find an apartment in Canada, and I can move back to Canada and he can immigrate!  PR card, SIN card... health card?  hmmm.. what else?  We can't start the application process for any of these things until he immigrates. 

I can't believe it's over. 
OUTLAND TOKYO
PR app to CIC-M Dec 29/09
Spons. appr Jan 26/10
PR proc. Feb 3/10
Confirm. letter Tokyo Mar 4/10
Add. info req. from Tokyo Mar 4/10
Info sent Mar 10/10 and 24/10
PR STATUS!! May 29/10
Nukke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nukke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2010 at 1:16am
Nukke
DEC 29/09 - PR application sent to CIC-M
JAN 26/10 - Sponsor Approval
FEB 3/10 - PR Processing began
MAR 4/10 - Confirmation Letter from Tokyo, additional info requested (FBI police check, passport, additional proof of sponsor reestablishing in Canada)
MAR 10/10 - Additional info sent to Tokyo 
MAR 11/10 Fingerprints mailed to FBI
MAR 29/10 - Passport sent to Tokyo
MAY 24/10 - FBI records arrive in mail and sent to Tokyo
MAY 27/10 - Requested passport back from Tokyo
MAY 29/10 - Passport returned and PR status approved!
elapsed time -- 6 months 0 days
OUTLAND TOKYO
PR app to CIC-M Dec 29/09
Spons. appr Jan 26/10
PR proc. Feb 3/10
Confirm. letter Tokyo Mar 4/10
Add. info req. from Tokyo Mar 4/10
Info sent Mar 10/10 and 24/10
PR STATUS!! May 29/10
peachy871 View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peachy871 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2010 at 3:01am
Congratulations, Nukke!! What a great surprise to get the passport back with everything completed! Good luck with the apartment hunt!

My partner and I are all set to head to Canada. Just biding our time until we can go. I have to finish up my job here first then we are out of here in early August. Can't wait! Apartment hunting will start for us after landing as we will be renting from my brother until we find our own digs.

It's going to be a very exciting summer for a few of us, isn't it? Wooohooo!!!
Peachy
manachinu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manachinu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2010 at 2:58am
I received passport request on 12th July 2010 and submitted passport and financial proof on 13th July 2010 to Canadian embassy. In my case I submitted in person and will pick up in person.

Looks another week or so before I get my passport back. Does anyone know what is the normal wait period after passport submission.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 78910>
  Share Topic