Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tokyo Timeline/Discussion

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 10>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boundary47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2010 at 12:19am
Great news, Peachy!  It sure sounds like "GO"!
B47
Jan 29 App. sent
Mar 1 Sponsor approved
Mar 9 Passport requested
Mar 24 RPR Fee paid
Apr 15 File under review
Apr 30 Decision made
May 11 Decision mailed
May 13 Visa received
May 20 Landed
peachy871 View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peachy871 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2010 at 3:17am
Thanks boundary!! I hope nothing else changes between now and the time we receive the visa!! I am sure it is all good now! Hope things roll ahead very soon for you too!!
Peachy
gts02 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gts02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2010 at 6:46pm
That's the exact same thing that they asked us! I think we had the same IO. The only difference was that they asked how her son would adapt in Canada.  
She got her and her sons visa about 3 weeks later. Congratulations!!!Tongue

Edited by gts02 - 23 Mar 2010 at 6:49pm
peachy871 View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peachy871 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2010 at 6:58pm
It sure felt good to hear that we would get it. Still won't relax til it is in our hands!
Peachy
peachy871 View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peachy871 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2010 at 7:34am
IT'S HERE!!!!!! My partner's visa has finally arrived! What a relief! I can't believe we finally have it!!

We have obligations until July (mainly because we assumed that the process would take almost that long), so will have to wait until then to go to Canada, but it is great knowing that we can!!
Peachy
Miss Kitty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miss Kitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2010 at 8:30am
Congrats Peachy!  That is so great!!!!  I am sure you and your partner are elated!

I am currently feeling a little bit frustrated. They sent my partner an email on March 18th to come in for an interview on April 2.  As we live in Okinawa, the only tickets available on such short notice were OVER 6 man each!!!!!  We emailed them back that same day requesting a slightly later date allowing us time to arrange flights and accommodation at a reasonable rate.  They emailed us 2 days later saying they had made a mistake and the interview was actually scheduled for the 5th of April.  Obviously they had not read our email sent a few days before hand.  We sent another reply to the email, again requesting an interview at a later date in order to arrange flights and accommodations.  We have still not received any word from them.  It has been almost 2 weeks since we emailed them.  I just hope they notify us before our scheduled interview date of April 5th.  
peachy871 View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peachy871 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2010 at 8:59am
If it has been nearly two weeks, you should likely hear from them soon. I found that approximately 2 weeks was the average response time I was getting anytime that I had an inquiry. That is not to say that 2 weeks is the norm; it just seemed to be the case when I sent emails. I have heard of others hearing back much more quickly than that.

However, if you don't hear back within the next day or two, maybe you should try emailing them again, just in case. Make sure you keep copies of the emails you sent to them as proof that you sent them correspondence. Make sure they know you cannot make it on the date that they specified.

You live in Okinawa? I am SO jealous! Best part of Japan. So different than all the rest of it. It is Japan the way Japan should be!! So laid back!
Peachy
boundary47 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boundary47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2010 at 11:37am
Originally posted by peachy871 peachy871 wrote:

IT'S HERE!!!!!! My partner's visa has finally arrived! What a relief! I can't believe we finally have it!!

We have obligations until July (mainly because we assumed that the process would take almost that long), so will have to wait until then to go to Canada, but it is great knowing that we can!!

Congratulations, Peachy!  That's fantastic!  I assume your Visa allows you to wait til July?  How long is it good for?
B47
Jan 29 App. sent
Mar 1 Sponsor approved
Mar 9 Passport requested
Mar 24 RPR Fee paid
Apr 15 File under review
Apr 30 Decision made
May 11 Decision mailed
May 13 Visa received
May 20 Landed
Miss Kitty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miss Kitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2010 at 12:20pm
They must have been reading my mind because we just got the email today, the interview has been re-scheduled for April 23!  My partner and I are planning on going together at that time!  YAY!

Yep Okinawa sure is great.  I was initially only going to live here for one year but totally fell in love with the culture and it's people too!   EmbarrassedHeart
peachy871 View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peachy871 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2010 at 7:25pm
B47, yes, we can wait. It is good until September. But believe me, if we can find a way to go early, we will!!

Miss Kitty, I am so glad to hear that!! And it is really good that you are both going to the interview. It really helps. By the way, did they give you any instructions for when you get there, like to check in at reception or to go directly to a certain floor or anything?
Peachy
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 10>
  Share Topic