Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tokyo Timeline/Discussion

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Breetai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2009 at 11:14am
No idea about the old forum.  Kind of annoying that it changed, but then again I only looked at this thread.

Got some (overall good) news that might throw everything off on my immigration here;

My wife missed her period and tested positive on a home pregnancy test today!  Now, I'm stressed that PR in Canada will be all messed up.  If it only takes 4-6 months, it should be okay... but I'm thinking it's be 6-8 or more if they need the FBI document since she spend some time in America (I'm sure they'll ask for it).  So, we either go to Canada and have the baby there with my wife as a tourist and having no health insurance (tricky if immigration has her passport!), or have it here and I'm sure have to fill out a lot of new immigration papers for the baby (hopefully there's a baby to have!!!!).  Is it possible to just enter Canada with a baby if it has no passport or whatever?  Do I need to register its Canadian citizenship before we go to Canada if it's born here?  Yikes!!!!
peachy871 View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peachy871 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2009 at 2:44am
yaaaaayyyyyy!!! I just looked on ECAS and we finally have a status! It says for the sponsorship application, "Decision Made". I am of course, hoping the decision was that I was approved, won't know for sure until the letter gets here but there is no reason I wouldn't be approved, so yaaaayyyyyyyyyy!!!!
Peachy
peachy871 View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peachy871 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2009 at 12:45am
It has been a while since there have been any timeline updates on here, other than the ones from the old forum. If anyone has a timeline, please let's get a list going again!

Here is mine to date:

Timeline:
November 16/09 - Applications sent to CPC-M
November 19/09 - Applications received by CPC-M
December 16/09 - Decision made re sponsorship. Letter sent.
Peachy
Miss Kitty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miss Kitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2010 at 3:04am
I just looked on ECAS and we now have a status!  YAY!  "Decision has been made.  Letter sent."  So now we will wait for the letter and the next notification!  One step closer!

Timeline:
December 7/09 - Applications received by CPC-M.
January 4/10 - Decision made re-sponsorship.  Letter sent

gts02 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gts02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2010 at 7:53am
Here is our Timeline for anyone interested. We are applying under the Conjugal Relationship Application and my partner is Brazilian living in Japan.

Oct 19, 2009 - Made payment to CIC through internet.
Oct 20, 2009 - Sent off application via Xpress Post.
Oct 21, 2009 - Xpress Post Tracking confirmed application received at CIC Mississauga.
Nov 9, 2009 - ECAS updated to 'Decision Made'.
Nov 16, 2009 - Received letter of Sponsorship Approval and that application was sent off to Tokyo Visa Office.
Nov 23, 2009 - ECAS updated to 'In Process'. PR application was in process on Nov 20.
Dec 22, 2009 - My partner received email requesting interview at Tokyo office on Jan 8, 2010. Requested to bring Passports, Birth Certificates (both hers and her sons), Police Certificate (the current one expired during processing) and a filled out copy of IMM 5604.
Dec 24, 2009 - My partner received letter in the mail with IMM 5604 to be filled out.
Jan 8, 2010 - Had the interview and now waiting.
Jan 25, 2010 - ECAS updated to 'Decision Made'. Medicals received.
Jan 29, 2010 - Received passports. PR application approved!

Edited by gts02 - 29 Jan 2010 at 4:45pm
Breetai View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Breetai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2010 at 9:45am
Updated my status on page one.

I wonder if Miss Kitty and Peachy871 have received their letters yet.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miss Kitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2010 at 6:56pm
Congrats!  and thanks Breetai!  I updated everyones status/timeline on page one.  

Cheers!
peachy871 View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peachy871 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2010 at 9:45pm
Hi Breetai! How are things going along for you and your wife?

gts02, hope you hear back soon!

Miss Kitty, glad to hear your letter was sent!

Breetai...I never did receive a letter that said I was approved or declined as a sponsor. I think that is kind of odd. However, (I have to update my timeline), we did receive confirmation that my partner's application was received in Tokyo and is in process. They requested a Statutory Declaration of Common-Law Union, sent back our Additional Family Information form to correct a couple of errors that we made, and requested my partner's passport. We sent those three things in and now....we wait!

Still wonder about my sponsorship letter though...
But then again, my next door neighbours are going through the same process as us and the husband didn't receive a letter either although his status also says "Decision made. Letter sent." I guess no news is good news? Tokyo does have his wife's application and it is in process on ECAS as well.

Here is my update:

Timeline:
November 16/09 - Applications sent to CPC-M
November 19/09 - Applications received by CPC-M
December 16/09 - Decision made re sponsorship. Letter sent.
January 5th/10 - AOR received, 2 forms and passport requested.
January 14tn/10- Passport and forms sent to visa office.
January 15th/10- Rcv'd at visa office (per tracking on Japan Post)
Peachy
NeedSleep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NeedSleep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2010 at 7:07am
SUCCESS!!!   APPLICATION APPROVED!!!!  I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!!

NOV. 10/09 - Sent app. to CIC- Miss.
NOV. 16/09 - CIC rec'd app.
DEC. 8/09 - Decision made.
DEC. 15/09 - Sponsorship approved.
DEC. 22/09 - Tokyo started processing app.
JAN. 1/10 - Passport request.
JAN. 5/10 - Passport sent to Tokyo.
JAN. 12/10 - Decision made.
JAN. 15/10 - Passport returned. APPLICATION APPROVED!

This forum and others like it helped us get to this point, so thanks everyone!!  Seeing the timelines from other recent sent applications, i'm pretty confident you guys will get your Visa's approved pretty soon as well!  Good luck, and keep up your spirits!!!

Edited by NeedSleep - 20 Jan 2010 at 7:11am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miss Kitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2010 at 8:08am
WOW!!!! That was so fast!  Congratulations!!!!!!!!!  Wish you the best in your new life in Canada!!!!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>
  Share Topic