Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Outland December/January/February

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 27>
Author
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SWEETG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2010 at 3:59pm
and your wife is indian? omosapiens? sorry for prying....just a bit confused....
" People think it's holding on that makes you stronger, but sometimes it's letting go."
audball View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote audball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2010 at 4:54pm
My husband and I sent our application to Mississauga 01/28

I'll update you guys when I know more, but I'm a fellow January applicant!

Maybe February since they still haven't received it yet, apparently. I'm hoping they do on Monday.
nahscarp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nahscarp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2010 at 5:38pm
Nice.. Here we are listening.... Wish everybody gets good news asap.

Will keep you all posted about my progress..
amcl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amcl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2010 at 7:42pm
Hey guys!

Here is my timeline:

We received your application to sponsor XXXXXX on December 4, 2009.

We started processing your application on January 5, 2010.

We sent you a letter on January 5, 2010 about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Jan 5-30- NO NEWS :( 

GOOD LUCK TO US ALL!!Smile
SWEETG View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SWEETG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2010 at 7:54pm
amcl, why don't you call them? to find out...3weeks is long, I would be so stressed....
" People think it's holding on that makes you stronger, but sometimes it's letting go."
peachy871 View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peachy871 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2010 at 8:24pm
If one is not in Canada, you can't call. You can just email your visa office for whatever country you are in.

amcl...I applied as well and have never received a letter stating what their decision was on my sponsorship app. I was panicking and not sure what to do but then we received confirmation from the visa office that they received my partner's PR app and requested his passport. Same thing is happening to a friend of mine here. No letter re sponsorship even though ecas shows a letter was sent ages ago (in my case, Dec. 16), but things seem to be progressing. I take that as a sign that the decision on sponsorship was an approval and that either our letters are sitting on a desk, forgotten, or that what they put on ecas is just a standard posting and no letter was even printed...who knows?
Peachy
OMOSapiens View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OMOSapiens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2010 at 9:20pm
Originally posted by SWEETG SWEETG wrote:

and your wife is indian? omosapiens? sorry for prying....just a bit confused....

My husband is Canadian... and I'm italian...
amcl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amcl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2010 at 9:38pm
Hi SweetG!
 My husband got a letter last Jan 5 saying that he was approved as a sponsor. Haven't gotten anything since then. Not a call, email whatsover.. Should I really be worried? I tried checking the ECAS and it says DECISION MADE alongside my or (his?) name. Another column says, "Not Available" or something.. It should change to "IN PROCESS" soon. We have no dependents. What's your case? 

BTW, I checked the Manila Timeline and it usually takes longer now than the usual (4-5month waiting time). Some people who applied July/August haven't gotten their visas yet!!!! What is up with that?
dealic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dealic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2010 at 9:45pm
Originally posted by OMOSapiens OMOSapiens wrote:

Originally posted by SWEETG SWEETG wrote:

My husband is Canadian... and I'm italian...

(OMO you are confusing them because your previous post said "wife stayed in India". So they think you are the sponsor, with a wife in India, instead of the Sponsee with a husband in Canada. Smile Unless I am the confused one and you ALSO have a wife in India? Tongue But I remember your posts from the previous board as you were preparing your app the same time I was and I am certain I remember you didn't have one.)
amcl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amcl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2010 at 9:48pm
I applied Dec 4th!
Dec 2: Sent app to CIC-M
Dec 4: CIC-M received application
Jan 5: letter of approval
Feb 2: AOR.Addt'l req's: NBI,MC,PPR
Mar 15 Docs rcvd by Nestor Tuballa
July 1: Decision Made. Medicals received
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 27>
  Share Topic