Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Outland December/January/February

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 24252627>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boundary47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2010 at 11:49am
Mine is in progress. But a small lesson for everyone: CIC can and do lose track of documents.  

Someone posting on the Tokyo timeline thread got email from the Canadian Embassy in Tokyo advising that her spouse should send in his passport.  They already had it.  

We got email from the Canadian Embassy in Beijing asking us to send in my wife's divorce certificate.  Duh!  It was in our submission, which I know because I put it there myself and triple checked everything.  Beijing also asked me to pay the Right of Permanent Residence Fee on April 6.  It was paid to CIC Mississauga on March 24.  

So be warned -- CIC sometimes misplaces (maybe even loses?) paper and fumbles the process.  Watch your eCAS like a hawk, and if you see anything you don't understand, email to find out what is going on.  It could help you to avoid a big delay or worse.

Edited by boundary47 - 09 Apr 2010 at 8:45am
B47
Jan 29 App. sent
Mar 1 Sponsor approved
Mar 9 Passport requested
Mar 24 RPR Fee paid
Apr 15 File under review
Apr 30 Decision made
May 11 Decision mailed
May 13 Visa received
May 20 Landed
O_Canada View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote O_Canada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2010 at 1:02am
hi guys,

I sent my application on march 16th ..I know it's a little too early to start to worry about it...but I have seen most of you got the approvals one month after you sent the application so I am hoping mine to be approved sometime next week  Smile

I will keep you posted, I tried to contact cic but it seems that they are overwelmed with the haiti files.

see ya
AnhTu604 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnhTu604 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2010 at 1:21pm
My application to sponsor my wife from Vietnam has been in process in Singapore since Dec. 30th 2009. My wife have not received a PPR letter yet. I hope that she will get a letter from them soon. Anyone with same timeline would like to share their story?
AnhTu604 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnhTu604 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2010 at 10:05am
Anyone going through SINGAPORE with almost same timeline would like to share their story?
tanushree.tiku View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tanushree.tiku Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2010 at 1:34am
Originally posted by boundary47 boundary47 wrote:

Mine is in progress. But a small lesson for everyone: CIC can and do lose track of documents.  

Someone posting on the Tokyo timeline thread got email from the Canadian Embassy in Tokyo advising that her spouse should send in his passport.  They already had it.  

We got email from the Canadian Embassy in Beijing asking us to send in my wife's divorce certificate.  Duh!  It was in our submission, which I know because I put it there myself and triple checked everything.  Beijing also asked me to pay the Right of Permanent Residence Fee on April 6.  It was paid to CIC Mississauga on March 24.  

So be warned -- CIC sometimes misplaces (maybe even loses?) paper and fumbles the process.  Watch your eCAS like a hawk, and if you see anything you don't understand, email to find out what is going on.  It could help you to avoid a big delay or worse.

yes CIC does misplace docs...i had sent my passport to CIC New delhi and then they sent me a letter after a month that they hadnt received my passport but then i got a call from an officer apologising that they have my passport
liquorlord View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liquorlord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2010 at 8:45am
My wife received her passport along with visa from New Delhi Smile
I booked her ticket and she is flying here on April 24th Thumbs Up
Visa was issued on April 6th and she received her passport via speed post on April 9th along with pictures and other documents (birth certificate, college certificates etc)
The total process took 69 days..isn't that sweet...
Thank God!! we are so much in peace now...Finally!! we are gonna see each other in 10 days
App Recd: Feb 1st'10
App Apprd: Feb 25th'10
Approval Letter: March 2nd'10
ND Started Process: March 19th
PPR Received: March 26th
PPR Send March 29th
Visa Received: April 10th 2010
vladalex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vladalex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2010 at 11:39am
My e-cas was updated today. 

It says: "We started processing SPOUSE NAME application on April 16, 2010."

This means the Canadian Embassy in Bucharest started processing my girlfriend's permanent residence application.

Things are going the right way, it seems. I wonder how long until the next step. 

Good luck everyone,

Cheers!
App sent 26/2/10
App rcvd by CPC-M 5/3/10
Decision made 31/3/10
Letter rcvd 6/4/2010
Processing 16/4/2010
Rcvd conf 20/4/10
Rqst more proof 11/5/10
Passport rqst 08/06/10
Passport+PR visa 17/06/2010
OMOSapiens View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OMOSapiens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2010 at 6:52am
Hello everyone!

The embassy requested me to pay the Right of Permanent Residence Fee and to send my original passport. Does this mean they accepted my application? The E-CAS still says "in process".
Plus I have just arrived back to Italy and I'm planning to go back to Canada in july: do you guys think I will have my passport back? What I mean is: does anybody have experience of having their passport requested?

Another question. After I received the AOR I prepared an update for my application (what happened in the last 4 months, pictures, travels together, etc), should I send it or is not necessary now that they requested my passport?

Thank you very much
Sent to CPC-M Dec 23 2009
Sponsor Approved Jan 19 2010
AOR received March 26 2010
Passport requested May 9 2010
VISA issued May 31 2010
audball View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote audball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2010 at 7:37pm
Whether they're ready to issue is going to depend on the visa office. They have different practices. Some ask for the passport when they're just starting processing and others wait until they're ready to issue the visa.

I just had mine requested by e-mail and the notice specifically said that it was for visa issuance.

But I also paid my RPRF when I applied. Perhaps your file won't switch to decision made until your RPRF has been paid.

I honestly doubt you'll get it back by July. There's a delay caused when you pay the RPRF later on and it may take a bit for the visa office to receive and process the payment and update your file, and then to finish up the file and issue the visa.

Rome usually has a bit of a longer processing time(5 months is apparently normal), so really it would be slightly abnormal for them to be ready to issue a visa already. However, Buffalo has a typical 4 month processing time and I got my PPR for the visa in under 2.

You may want to submit the passport and payment and see if you get an update to decision made. If not, submit more proof.

May want to cancel your trip to Canada and try to get a refund, then schedule once you actually know that you'll be coming to land. Seems like a waste of money to book a vacation when you may not have your passport to cross the border.

Hopefully you just got a great timeline in Rome(assuming that's your visa office?), but i wouldn't count on it and toss money towards a vacation, just in case.
OMOSapiens View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OMOSapiens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2010 at 8:06pm
Thank you very much for your response AudBall.
I'll follow your advice, I think I have no choises.

Thanks again
Sent to CPC-M Dec 23 2009
Sponsor Approved Jan 19 2010
AOR received March 26 2010
Passport requested May 9 2010
VISA issued May 31 2010
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 24252627>
  Share Topic