Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Outland December/January/February

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 27>
Author
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bflava Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2010 at 7:49pm
B47 welcome to the waiting room.. lets all hope for good news in the 1st quarter of 2010.. good luck
peachy871 View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peachy871 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2010 at 7:54pm
Good to hear, B47! This is the short waiting stage. Hopefully in 3 or 4 weeks, you will get get a letter re sponsorship decision. Then, after a few more weeks, you will get confirmation that the PR apps were received at the visa office in China. Anything missing or to be fixed will likely be indicated in that letter. If so, then you get that stuff together and send it back. And then the long stage of waiting will begin.

It's a pain in the butt but kind of exciting at the same time! Good luck B47...am rooting for you!
Peachy
boundary47 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boundary47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2010 at 1:41am
Thanks for your good wishes.  I'm very optimistic -- I can't see how anyone could reject our application.  But you never know . . . 

Meanwhile, I'm going back for a 3 week visit in 10 days, and hopefully we'll hear something about sponsorship around the time I return.

Cheers,
B47
Jan 29 App. sent
Mar 1 Sponsor approved
Mar 9 Passport requested
Mar 24 RPR Fee paid
Apr 15 File under review
Apr 30 Decision made
May 11 Decision mailed
May 13 Visa received
May 20 Landed
nahscarp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nahscarp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2010 at 9:17am
Any news guys?
bflava View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bflava Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2010 at 10:39am

i have decided not to check my ecas till next monday, so no news from my side as next week will be 4 weeks since my application was sent to London UK for processing..

nahscarp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nahscarp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2010 at 4:28pm
Did you guys check the 'proceed with the application even if found ineligible to sponsor'? For some reason, I chose the other option. Can it be an issue?
BlueDragon17846 View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlueDragon17846 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2010 at 5:00pm

It all depends on how you want to do it.  There are two fees, one for the sponsor ($75) and one for the applicant ($475).  You pay both fees upfront when you apply for PR.  Also when you apply, the sponsors app is checked first, then the applicant's app. 

If you check the box for "withdraw your sponsorship", and the sponsor is found ineligible for one reason or another, then the applicant's app will not be processed and the $475 fee returned to you.

If you check "proceed with the application for permanaent residence", and the sponsor is found ineligible, they will go ahead and still process the applicant's app and then obviously refuse it since there is no eligible sponsor.  The fees you paid will not be refunded.

Don't know why you would chose the later one.  You chose the "withdraw your sponsorship" right? which makes the most sense.  That's the way we did it.

bflava View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bflava Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2010 at 5:59pm
I cant remember we doing anything.... mmmmmmm i will check my forms later...... 
OMOSapiens View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OMOSapiens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2010 at 8:16am
it is 3 weeks that my application has been sent to Rome and stil there's NOT AVAILABLE under my side on the Ecas...
SWEETG View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SWEETG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2010 at 9:03am
Same here....We'll see maybe next  week something will show up, come on London!!
" People think it's holding on that makes you stronger, but sometimes it's letting go."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 27>
  Share Topic