Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Outland December/January/February

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 27>
Author
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SWEETG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2010 at 9:54pm
oooh amcl, if your husband got a letter stating that his was approved as sponsor then congrats for that!!!  now is waiting ....

I supposed the letter also stated that the application was forwarded to Manila too.  Now its just a waiting game, am not sure if Manila sends out AOR's (acknowledgement of receipt ). meaning they have your application which does not mean they will start processing right away.  

Lets just keep praying, I know some of the timelines are really long.... there is not much we can do about that.

Our case is also pretty simple (in my opinion, but only the opinion of the immigration officer matters...) First marriage for both or us, both young, not big age gap, no dependants, clean records. Am sponsoring my husband his from the UK.

Edited by SWEETG - 31 Jan 2010 at 11:31am
" People think it's holding on that makes you stronger, but sometimes it's letting go."
nahscarp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nahscarp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2010 at 10:04pm
Even our case is quite straightforward. First marriage, both of us working (me having good job in Canada, and she working in India)... Filled the forms completely (with N/A at all the places required), attached all the relevant pictures (engagement, all wedding ceremonies, honeymoon, post-wedding), email/chat/skype/phone records, marriage certificate, etc etc etc.... phew...

i think, just like you guys, our case is pretty genuine and quite strong, but still... waiting is really a big time pain.
SWEETG View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SWEETG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2010 at 10:25pm
I've reading timelines from other immigration websites.....I know, I know not very healthy but...trying to help time pass...

anyway, the timeline for Berlin, Germany is like 6-8 WEEKS!!, from CPC-MISSI to PPR,  am shocked.

" People think it's holding on that makes you stronger, but sometimes it's letting go."
bflava View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bflava Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2010 at 6:22pm
SWEETG , R u saying timeline in Berlin is 6 - 8 weeks wow.. well

Is the waiting game but is all good to wait... is stressful but now one has to find a hobby or something to do....

3 weeks since London got application....

is this the month.. Guys good news will come soon, lets keep our fingers n toes xxxxxxxxx

good luck all
OMOSapiens View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OMOSapiens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2010 at 10:43pm
Originally posted by dealic dealic wrote:

Originally posted by OMOSapiens OMOSapiens wrote:

Originally posted by SWEETG SWEETG wrote:

and your wife is indian? omosapiens? sorry for prying....just a bit confused....

My husband is Canadian... and I'm italian...

(OMO you are confusing them because your previous post said "wife stayed in India". So they think you are the sponsor, with a wife in India, instead of the Sponsee with a husband in Canada. Smile Unless I am the confused one and you ALSO have a wife in India? Tongue But I remember your posts from the previous board as you were preparing your app the same time I was and I am certain I remember you didn't have one.)

I'm sooooooooooooooooooooooooo sorry!!!
My mistake.
I'm italian and my husband is canadian :)
amcl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amcl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2010 at 7:39pm
Hey guys!

I recently submitted my application last december. I know I have no right to complain (even if my status isn't even IN PROCESS. hmm or maybe i just don't know how to check?!) as it has only been a month. Next week, I plan to go to Canada to visit my husband using my tourist visa. Do you think immigration will give me a hard time upon entry? I have a letter of invitation from CRNBC stating my need to already take their Assessment test for Nurses. Plus it's the olympics! Also, woud you advise that I stay there til let's say, April? Would they (CIC) have asked for my passport by then? :)

Thanks and Good luck to all!!!
Dec 2: Sent app to CIC-M
Dec 4: CIC-M received application
Jan 5: letter of approval
Feb 2: AOR.Addt'l req's: NBI,MC,PPR
Mar 15 Docs rcvd by Nestor Tuballa
July 1: Decision Made. Medicals received
nahscarp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nahscarp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2010 at 7:45pm
Hey amcl,

I don't know the answer as such, but you (or someone else) might be able to sort out my confusion... Can a spouse whose sponsorship application has been sent (or in process) can apply for the visitor visa? Will the officers grant the visa easily? If granted/not granted, will it have any impact on the application in process? Let me know.

I am posting this question here, just to maintain the continuity. If anyone feels it is out of context, I can initiate a new thread then.
bflava View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bflava Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2010 at 8:14pm
Well if u have the visa already then is will depend on the OI  and u have to have dual intention plus u will exit the country after yr visitor visa, ie u have to show proof of sting ties back hiome to return to..

If u dont have the visa yet n u are going to apply the chances are very slim but  remember every case is different...

Also it will not affect the sponsorship application....

Yes u can stay till April and if u get a passport request, all u can do is a Flag Pole at the nearset boarder crossing.....

I might be wrong but this is what i know for now, maybe some one with more exp with throw more on this  or offer the right direction

With the processing too it might not say IN PROCESS for a long time... they have it if u have apply in DEC and have the 1st stage, Just give them time ok.. i know the waitng game is the killer but lets all chill and hope something good happens to us all..

lets wait n have a chil pill.
any Hobbies one can offer..
Good luck all.
amcl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amcl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2010 at 7:16pm
Thanks for you replies everyone!!

Anyway, I got a call from Canadian Embassy yesterday afternoon to double check if i had the right email address. They said they will send an email for additional requirements. Before we hung up, (just to make sure) I asked the girl about my going to Canada next week for my CRNBC test which is due this year. At first she explained how slim the chances are if I were to apply for a Tourist Visa. I said I already have one. Her advise is for me to attach a letter stating the reason, my address and contact number for correspondence. When i opened my email, there were 3 requirements: NBI clearance w/fingerprint and dry seal, ORIG marriage certificate (I really think it has to come from the NSO even if I wasn't married in the Phils. I called DFA MAnila, and they said they haven't gotten a response from the consular office in Chicago where they/we filed it..maybe in 2 weeks daw), and my passport. My question is, how am i going to give them my passport? I asked from the forum and one person said:

If u dont have the visa yet n u are going to apply the chances are very slim but  remember every case is different...

Also it will not affect the sponsorship application....

Yes u can stay till April and if u get a passport request, all u can do is a Flag Pole at the nearset boarder crossing.....

I might be wrong but this is what i know for now, maybe some one with more exp with throw more on this  or offer the right direction

I already left an authorization letter for them to claim the marriage certificate just in case I would've left by then. Plan is, someone will mail the other 2 requirements for me (NBI and Marriage cert), while I bring my passport to Canada (of course), and send it from there? Applicants fr other countires get their visas no more than 30 days upon giving their passports (as they say that
s the law). In the Philippines, I noticed that once they get it, the embassy can keep your passport for as long as 3 months...
Dec 2: Sent app to CIC-M
Dec 4: CIC-M received application
Jan 5: letter of approval
Feb 2: AOR.Addt'l req's: NBI,MC,PPR
Mar 15 Docs rcvd by Nestor Tuballa
July 1: Decision Made. Medicals received
boundary47 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boundary47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2010 at 7:30pm
And so the waiting begins . . . 

B47
-------------
Dec 26: Married in China
Jan 29: Sent our application to CIC-M to sponsor wife and dependent child
Feb 2: CIC-M received application 
 . . . tick, tick, tick, tick . . . 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 27>
  Share Topic