Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Outland December/January/February

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 27>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nahscarp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Outland December/January/February
    Posted: 28 Jan 2010 at 4:00pm
Greetings All,

Couldn't find any time-lines for the Jan '10 month, so was wondering if there are people who would like to share their time-lines for the mentioned 3 months window. So here it goes -

Background -
Filed own PR application - July 18, 2008
Got Engaged in India      - Jan 28, 2009
Became PR                      - Aug 12, 2009
Got Married in India        - Nov 27, 2009
Return to Canada           - Dec 26, 2009                                    (Wife stayed in India)

Sponsorship Application progress so far -
Jan 19, 2010 - Sent to CPC-M
Jan 21, 2010 - Rcvd by CPC-M

Now just waiting...

SWEETG View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SWEETG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2010 at 4:10pm

Hi nahscarp, we started our process in december. Application sent to London, now hoping they start processing soon....

" People think it's holding on that makes you stronger, but sometimes it's letting go."
nahscarp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nahscarp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2010 at 10:14am
Hey SWEETG,

That's great. Congrats on passing the first hurdle....

Based on the posts/feedback of different members, I understand that it takes 3-4 weeks to know whether you are approved as an eligible sponsor. So some more time to wait...

Just wondering, how did they intimate you about the approval? Any letter, or showing your file on eCAS, or ...? I tried using my Fees Receipt number in conjunction with other details to check the status, but found nothing.
SWEETG View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SWEETG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2010 at 10:20am
well, give it at least 3-4 weeks before you can maybe see a response on ECAS, you will need your receipt number, you the sponsor's last name and date of birth and your country of birth.

We saw it on ECAS 2days after they had approved it. and got the letter less than a week later....

lets keep all our digits crossed and keep praying for the next steps....hope you get news soon.
" People think it's holding on that makes you stronger, but sometimes it's letting go."
nahscarp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nahscarp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2010 at 1:10pm
Thanks SWEETG....

Am I the only one who applied in Jan this year? No others to share their time-lines?
bflava View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bflava Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2010 at 4:55pm

For some reason , i believe that the Dec 09 and Jan 10 applicants are not a lot... What do u think guys...

I feel the last week of DEC applicant are not many.. mmm

Good luck to everyone
OMOSapiens View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OMOSapiens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2010 at 11:09pm
Background -
Got Married in Canada    - June 26, 2009
Return to Canada           - Oct 10, 2009                                    (Wife stayed in India)

Sponsorship Application progress so far -
Dec, 23 2009 - Sent to CPC-M
Dec, 24 2009 - Rcvd by CPC-M
Jan, 19 2010  - Decision Made

Sponsor approved. Application sent to Rome.
Still nothing on the online survey website
SWEETG View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SWEETG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2010 at 9:17am
Omosapiens, where why is our application going to Rome? if I may ask

bflava:well lets hope its a good thing that not many people have applied so that they can process our cases faster....
bflava View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bflava Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2010 at 10:53am
SWEETG, well lets hope it all works out quick, the wait is a killer.. i thought about the wait but i am now experiencing it...

Nehscarp, I will ay give yrs till about the 15 th of FEB maximum.... to get 1st stage of approval. also if after 2 weeks of mailing you dont here or get anything back it means yr application is ok and ready to process as they will check for little mistakes and things like that. I was told/advice on..

Good luck guys.. is a boring game and one has to look on here everyday but is fun to have nice guys like you around.

good luck all
OMOSapiens View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OMOSapiens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2010 at 1:35pm
Originally posted by SWEETG SWEETG wrote:

Omosapiens, where why is our application going to Rome? if I may ask

Because 'm italian
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 27>
  Share Topic