Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Canadian Citizenship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Timeline - Montreal office

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 646647648649>
Author
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dpenabill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2014 at 4:07pm

Originally posted by roadmr roadmr wrote:

Based on everything I've read, most people take the oath weeks after the exam, so I was wondering if a lot of people here have seen this "everything on the same day" process.

This really just for curiosity's sake, as we're happy either way: having it all done in one fell swoop is fine, but waiting a few weeks for the actual oath/ceremony would not be a problem. We're in no rush here :)

I do not know how often this has been done in Montreal. In general this is not the usual timeline, but it is fairly common. (Or, as in my case, the oath was scheduled to take place two days after the test/interview event, likewise subject to the outcome of the test, interview, and the decision-maker's determination.)

For you the decision-maker is a Citizenship Officer. Prior to August 1st the decision-maker was a Citizenship Judge. The change, pursuant to which a Citizenship Officer can approve the grant of citizenship, no CJ necessary, may result in more of these one-day test-interview-decision-oath events taking place.

Additionally, CIC is obviously in a major hurry-up mode so that its processing numbers for the year, looking forward to next year's election, look as good as possible.

Good luck with the test and interview!

Bureaucracy is what bureaucracy does, or When in doubt, follow the instructions. Otherwise, follow the instructions.

BTW: Not an expert, not a Can. lawyer, never worked in immigration
roadmr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roadmr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 10:51am
Thanks for the replies!

OK, so here's a timeline, hopefully it will be useful as a data point for the thread, plus if going forward this process will be more common, it's an example of what to expect.

We're just my wife and I, no kids/dependents. We landed as Quebec-selected skilled workers in September 2010.

Citizenship applications mailed: 11 Feb 2014
CIC received applications: 17 Feb 2014
CIC Started processing application: 25 Mar 2014
Received acknowledgement and test prep materials: 4 Apr 2014
Notice to appear for the test, review and oath: 14 Oct 2014
Test, document review, ceremony, oath, reception of certificates: 31 Oct 2014

The entire process took a bit over 8 and a half months.

This may be of interest, they mentioned a few times that we should wait about 2 working days before applying for a passport, as it's the time they take to update all government agencies on newly-created citizens. As of today (1 working day after the ceremony), CIC's system still reflects the application as "In process".

Cheers!
- Daniel
michels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2014 at 10:09pm
Same here, I had my test and Oath yesterday. New process implemented.
Good luck all
---
Michel-
PR: Applied SW Apr2001/Visa Aug2006/Landed Oct2006
Citizenship: Sent Nov2013,in Process Feb2014, LoT Aug2014, Test and Oath Nov2014
End of line :) Happy citizen ever since
exempligrata View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote exempligrata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2014 at 12:41pm
Originally posted by eileen eileen wrote:

Originally posted by mchakaal mchakaal wrote:

How to do organize RQ when requested. Someone Posted a while ago an excel sheet for sample sheet for organizing your file? 

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Check this post: https://secure.immigration.ca/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=95&PN=624&title=timeline-montreal-office
Keep in mind this was my approach. You need to use the approach that works best for you. I will try to post the actual excel forms on the RQ blog as soon as I get the chance.

Thanks Michel! The Oath went fine. It actually felt a little anti-climactic after all the long wait and the sturm und drang. It was hard for me to take seriously the note in everyone's folders from MP Chris Alexander telling us how happy he is for us and how proud. I don't have a lot of faith left in that dude. But it's good to be a citizen finally and it was nice sharing a little bonhomie with other new citizens.

Regarding the RQ triggers, we do not have an updated list. Here is the old one: http://residencequestionnaire.wordpress.com/rq-risk-indicators/

Also, there have been many reports on the forums of people seeing statements that their file has been re-triaged under OB407D. Here is one report: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/ob-407d-triage-t186961.0.html
"OB 407-D Triage - RQ required for A1, A2 or A7."

I haven't seen any reports mentioning A5 (travel and freelance work or unemployment) as a reason that RQ was still required under OB 407D.
Additionally, I got my RQ under A5, (this is shown in an email in my physical files and in underlines on my application highlighting 2 months "unemployed" and 2 months "freelance"). My ATIP shows that I was retriaged under OB 407D and RQ was no longer applicable.

So, I surmise that A5 has been eliminated or significantly altered.

What great news eileen! A canadienne at last! I haven't been on this forum for months, but I decided to come back to check if you ever did get your oath and was so pleased to learn that you did. Thank you thank you thank you for all you did for all of us... Karma did not let you down Smile
Applied.......Mar 2013
In Process....May 2013
Test..........Feb 2014
Oath..........Mar 2014
Passport......In 5 business day's
MOURA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MOURA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2014 at 1:25pm
Hello ..

Any New Updates of Montreal Office??!!!I made my test in March 2014(passed 20/20) , Alomst 9 months passed and no news yet,every time I call CIC every time have a different answer,Couple of letters sent by my lawyer for an update and no answer too!!!!.

JUST WAIT!!!!

Vaga View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vaga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2014 at 10:13pm
Hi all, question: why did you stop publishing such a convenient grids?
Let's fill it again? ;)
Just copy this grid and paste it to Excel or OpenOffice (SCALC), edit your data there, then copy-paste entire grid back hereSmile
Name Rec(sent) In Process Test RQ received RQ sent Hearing Oath

Edited by Vaga - 28 Nov 2014 at 10:15pm
Vaga View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vaga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2014 at 10:50pm
And another question:
In how many months you can see your case status online?
My sister sent her file on 4th of July 2014.
On September she got email confirmation.

But Online status still doesn't show anything by her Client ID or PR Card number :(
Vaga View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vaga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2014 at 12:06am
Hey, people!
What happened to everyone from Montreal?
Nobody is waiting for citizenship from Montreal any more? :)
michels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2014 at 1:02pm
Nope.. all got theirs :) 
This forum traffic is going down..

---
Michel-
PR: Applied SW Apr2001/Visa Aug2006/Landed Oct2006
Citizenship: Sent Nov2013,in Process Feb2014, LoT Aug2014, Test and Oath Nov2014
End of line :) Happy citizen ever since
ns-montreal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ns-montreal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2014 at 1:56pm
Hi! I am indeed waiting for citizenship from Montreal office!!!

My timeline so far has been:

Landed: May 2010
Application sent: May 2014
Letter of acknowlegment and study materials: July 2014
Date of CIC starting processing my application: July 28th, 2014
Letter for taking the test: December 2014
Date of test: January 13th, 2015

No references about date of oath in letter.

My BIG question is: What can I expect about the time between test and oath?

The thing is, I wasn´t expecting to take the test so soon!! I thought it would take at least a year to hear from them since the application was sent.

Based on this assumption I left Montreal just a couple months ago to come to my home country to spend 6 months with my family. Now I have a job here!

Currently I don´t know whether to go to Montreal, take the test, and come back, and then go again for the oat, or if I should stay in Montreal waiting for the oath. I am trying to figure out if we are talking about two weeks, two months, or six months in between...

Taugh desicion, as it involves tickets cost, changing jobs, renting a place, etc, etc, etc

Any thoughts or recent experiences from applications presented and being procesing in 2014?

Thanks!!

ns
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 646647648649>
  Share Topic