Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Canadian Citizenship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Timeline - Montreal office

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 642643644645646 649>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m_r_mtl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2014 at 3:19pm
Originally posted by eileen eileen wrote:

But before you go too far down the rabbit hole, I want to make an important additional point: You should verify that you are actually scheduled for a judge's hearing by contacting your MP. Your MP's staff can verify with CIC if you are indeed in line for a CJ hearing and what the typical wait time is for that now in Montreal.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Does this mean that scheduling a judge hearing takes a long time?

Thanks for your help. I will call CIC again to confirm what that agent told me :(
p16514 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p16514 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2014 at 3:29pm
Order an ATIP . If you call them againt, you will get a different answer. 

Originally posted by m_r_mtl m_r_mtl wrote:

Originally posted by eileen eileen wrote:

But before you go too far down the rabbit hole, I want to make an important additional point: You should verify that you are actually scheduled for a judge's hearing by contacting your MP. Your MP's staff can verify with CIC if you are indeed in line for a CJ hearing and what the typical wait time is for that now in Montreal.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Thanks for your help. I will call CIC again to confirm what that agent told me :(
eileen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote eileen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2014 at 3:32pm

Yes, but the staff at your MP's office can give you more concrete and dependable info on timelines.

Do as you wish, but, umm, to repeat, this is something that the CIC Call Centre is not always accurate about.

You can get more dependable info by contacting your MP.

If you do feel like calling them again, 1. Get their name before asking any questions, 2. Ask them what the most recent notes on your file are.

Edited by eileen - 17 Jul 2014 at 3:38pm
Resources for Future Canadians & their Advocates: http://residencequestionnaire.wordpress.com
canuck25 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote canuck25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2014 at 3:40pm
In addition to contacting your MP, which will take time, you should call CIC and ask the agent to read you word for word the most recent note(s) on your file. You need to know exactly what it says.

I would also request a copy of your electronic files and paper files using the ATIP procedure (see one of the top 4 topics in the forum for details). You need to know exactly what's going on with your file and this will be helpful.
m_r_mtl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m_r_mtl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2014 at 3:57pm
Originally posted by canuck25 canuck25 wrote:

In addition to contacting your MP, which will take time, you should call CIC and ask the agent to read you word for word the most recent note(s) on your file. You need to know exactly what it says.

I would also request a copy of your electronic files and paper files using the ATIP procedure (see one of the top 4 topics in the forum for details). You need to know exactly what's going on with your file and this will be helpful.

I called them again and the lady's approach was like your file is non-routine wait another year and call again! so I brought up the CJ hearing and she she said oh yes you are required to see a judge. But she refused to give me more detail like when  this decision was made on my file.

I might call again tomorrow!

I will order ATIP now. Can I order both types?

Thanks for your help.

Edited by m_r_mtl - 17 Jul 2014 at 3:57pm
canuck25 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote canuck25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2014 at 4:09pm

I called them again and the lady's approach was like your file is non-routine wait another year and call again! so I brought up the CJ hearing and she she said oh yes you are required to see a judge. But she refused to give me more detail like when  this decision was made on my file.

Thanks for your help.

My experience with call centre agents has been mostly positive, though a few tried to give me general, overall stamp-like answers and I had to press for specifics to come out. For the most part, though, you should be able to tell them exactly what you want to know and they will be able to quote the notes on file to you.

In terms of ordering electronic and paper files - yes you definitely can order both, though you'll need to submit two request forms, one for each type of file.
p16514 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p16514 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2014 at 4:12pm
How many physical presence day did you have in your application? Did you apply with no PR days?

Thanks for your help.
m_r_mtl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m_r_mtl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2014 at 4:20pm
I had 1095 days present, basic residence 1208 days and a total of 113 absence days. I came to Canada as a student, so yes I have days counted as non PR as well.
m_r_mtl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m_r_mtl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2014 at 4:22pm

My experience with call centre agents has been mostly positive, though a few tried to give me general, overall stamp-like answers and I had to press for specifics to come out. For the most part, though, you should be able to tell them exactly what you want to know and they will be able to quote the notes on file to you.

Thanks for the tip.

Edited by m_r_mtl - 17 Jul 2014 at 11:24pm
m_r_mtl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m_r_mtl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2014 at 4:33pm
I checked some topics and noticed that there are other cases that are told by CIC call center about judge hearing. I also have in my ATIP report from 4 months ago that said "hearing required" under Activities, Type=Testing, and  also under "Sub-activities" , Type=Record Test Results.
both these updates were generated by SADMIN!
given that I got RQed on test date, and the CIC agent told me that hearing required is issued following your test, I guess this a false alarm. At least I hope!
But I have to be prepared anyway.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 642643644645646 649>
  Share Topic