Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Canadian Citizenship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Timeline - Montreal office

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 624625626627628 649>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mapifala Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2014 at 7:01pm
Originally posted by marcat marcat wrote:

Me again. In fact, my last reported timeline was for my husband. Now he's naturalized.

The following my own timeline, exactly as 02318 and mapifala:
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on April 4, 2013.

2. We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), on April 4, 2013.

3. We started processing your application on June 5, 2013.
  4. RQ sent in Oct
  5. RQ returned in late Oct
  6. We sent you a notice on March 3, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on March 18, 2014 at 1:15 PM.
In fact, I just sent an ATIP request. I assume that doesn't cause effect on my case, positive or negative.....

See you both 02318 and mapifala.

Cool!! Three of us the same day!! Good luck to us :) Concentration power... ACTIVATED!
Oneday View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oneday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2014 at 7:46am
Originally posted by EasyRider EasyRider wrote:

Originally posted by Oneday Oneday wrote:

So after a long wait.... I have my test on the 25th Feb!!
Please update my timeline....
Got to go to the book and do justice to it ;)

Congrats, Oneday!
Sorry Easyrider :(
I totally missed replying to your good wishes! 
Thank you!
EasyRider View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EasyRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2014 at 10:17am
Anybody knows how long does oath ceremony take in Montreal, will I be done in 1 hour since time in invitation letter?
ladyangelJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladyangelJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2014 at 10:52am

Anybody knows how long does oath ceremony take in Montreal, will I be done in 1 hour since time in invitation letter?

My invitation said 12:45, the actual ceremony didn't begin until a little after 1:30, i left a little after 2:30 or so I believe. I really think it depends on how many applicants are becoming citizens, the more people, the longer it takes to hand out certificates. 
Fabrice35 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fabrice35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2014 at 12:16pm
Hi!

I did my test on february 4th 2014. Yesterday, march 6th 2014, I called CIC. The agent told me that there are no modifications (no update ) in my file since the 4th of february. How is it possible (It seems that my file is just left in the queue after the test and waiting I don't know what)?
Waiting Canada View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waiting Canada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2014 at 1:56pm
Hey Fabrice35,

I took the test on Jan. 23rd and there is no update on my case either. 

Having heard about other applicants previous experiences asking the call center for information, it sounds like applicants don't get much (reliable) information when they call.

You might want to send an ATIP request to see all the updates on your case, though, as far as I know, it takes up to a month to get the response. 

Good Luck Thumbs Up

Edited by Waiting Canada - 08 Mar 2014 at 1:57pm
Akroom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Akroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2014 at 12:33am
Easy Rider:

my brother in law did his ceremony in 3 hours last month. you are allowed to go in and out the ceremony place but if the judge will arrive you have to be sucked in the room for an hour.good luck!!
greeny View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greeny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2014 at 1:29am
according to many posts here on the forum, the oath letter comes not later than in about 80-90 days from the test
landed: May, 2003

applied: Dec04,2009

test/RQ: Feb15,2011 st.clair
2nd RQ: Aug 2014
Total waiting time to oath: 60,5 months :)= 5 years and 14 days
oath- Dec , 2014
farrous13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farrous13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2014 at 9:42am

My sister's oath lasted for around 2 hours. Once you're handed the certificate you can bolt out. If you're seated in the first row you'll be the first to get the certificate and take pictures with the judge.

It takes time just to check the documents and get everyone seated. On your oath invitation letter, there is a number. That's the number of your seat.
MOURA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MOURA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2014 at 5:16pm
Hi,

Please update my file.
After looooong time I received a test date on March 18. :)

Any suggestions on what should I have with me ?

I already submitted all of my docs and proofs on my RQ that Received sept/13 (More than 400 pgs).

A bit confused and if any one made the exam lately could let us know how was it ??
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 624625626627628 649>
  Share Topic