Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Canadian Citizenship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Timeline - Montreal office

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 572573574575576 649>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farrous13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2013 at 12:14pm
Hi forum,

My application was recv'd May 27, 2013 and started processing Sep 10, 2013.
My sister applied in Dec 2012 and her application started processing on Feb 22nd, 2013. But she heard nothing yet.
I have another friend who applied in Sep 2012 and still no word from CIC.
Is that normal? Did anyone in Montreal get their citizenship in a year or 1-1/2?
EasyRider View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EasyRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2013 at 12:42pm
Originally posted by farrous13 farrous13 wrote:

Hi forum,

My sister applied in Dec 2012 and her application started processing on Feb 22nd, 2013. But she heard nothing yet.
Is that normal? Did anyone in Montreal get their citizenship in a year or 1-1/2?

Welcome to the forum. And yes, it's normal, I applied August 1, 2012-- nothing yet. I'm going to call them next week. Though there are sings that Montreal is speeding up currently. Check Montreal timelines on google.docs (link from my signature).
farrous13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farrous13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2013 at 2:42pm
Thanks EasyRider. So I should expect not to have any response from the CIC until the beginning of 2015 or so?

The timeline you have there is great. But I don't see any indications that Montreal is speeding up. It think average of 21 months is consistent through out the past couple of years.

Edited by farrous13 - 29 Oct 2013 at 2:43pm
smzsul View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smzsul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2013 at 4:27pm
Originally posted by EasyRider EasyRider wrote:

Originally posted by smzsul smzsul wrote:

My wife is right now on the flight back to the US. Judge requested for more documents (documents that don't exist - utility bills and payment proof). Utility bills were in my name. None in her name. Mentioned this, still Judge wasn't satisfied. I feel they are going beyond the minimum (all other proofs presented - degree from Canada, job in Canada, kids education, tax returns, T4s, bank statements etc).   Will get the details when she reaches home. Planning to request ATIP records and seeking recommendations for lawyers if they ultimately deny. Any names ?.

It's hard to understand specifics of your case from your posts. Did you apply together or just her? As I understand, all rent payments(?) and utilities are in your name?

>> Yes. All in my name and I am already a citizen. She had to wait for a few months to apply as she hadn't accumulated enough days. Gave us 20 days to submit the additional documents. At this point. I am thinking of responding I have submitted all I have and  go the court, should they deny.  Any idea how long before the case can be heard in the court and an estimate of the expenses ?. 
Whatever happens is for best
Fabrice35 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fabrice35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2013 at 1:36pm

Hi forum,

Welcome to the forum. And yes, it's normal, I applied August 1, 2012-- nothing yet. I'm going to call them next week. Though there are sings that Montreal is speeding up currently. Check Montreal timelines on google.docs (link from my signature).

Please, let us know if your file has been transferred to Montreal when you're called CIC.
Roni View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2013 at 2:03pm
I been requested for  RQ and I completed last week, I checked my status in online no thing is changed. Nothing that mention that i have been requested for RQ nether they received my doc. is this normal?

08 NOV 2010 A/R-15 SEP 2011 IN PROCESS26 SEP SEND IT TO/1.March 20133
angrypolarbear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angrypolarbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2013 at 2:08pm
Roni, this is normal.  As far as I'm aware most people who get an RQ don't have anything show up about it on ECAS.  You can confirm that they received it by calling the call centre, and it would also show up in the notes if you submit an ATIP request.  
Received 25 Nov 11 | Started Processing 27 Nov 12 | RQ issued 15 Jan 13 | RQ response received by CIC 26 Feb 13

Fingerprints requested 2 Apr 13 | FP received by CIC 23 Apr 13 | Test Date 28 May 14
EasyRider View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EasyRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2013 at 5:09pm

But I don't see any indications that Montreal is speeding up. It think average of 21 months is consistent through out the past couple of years.

There are several indications Montreal is speeding up:

1) Q1-2013 processing stats shows substantial increase in number of oaths and tests in Q1-2013 in Quebec/Atlantic united region (Montreal is the main hub anyway) compared to Q1-2012-- more than even before pre-test RQ started to slow down system. You can see Quebec/Atlantic region clearly stands out. I think, Montreal office was given resources and was ordered to fix its shameful processing times.

2) Kenney hired 3 full-time judges in Q2-2013 increasing number of full-time judges attached to Montreal office from 2 to 5.

3) It seems time from application to test shrinks now, if you'll check a table-- people receive test notices in 16-17 months now, while a while back it was taking from 18-21 months on average.
farrous13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farrous13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2013 at 11:41am
EasyRider, thanks.

Do you know if the RQ now is becoming standard?

Do you know how many judges we have compared to Ontario. Is their a list of the number of judges?

Also I am not sure if there is a period of training before the judges actually start working. So let's say they are hired in Q2 (end of Q2) and need 3 months training. So in reality, the extra judges would be effective in Q4. I am just saying...optimistic though and jealous of the applicants that are getting their citizenship in 8 months
eileen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eileen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2013 at 11:54am

There are several indications Montreal is speeding up:

1) Q1-2013 processing stats shows substantial increase in number of oaths and tests in Q1-2013 in Quebec/Atlantic united region (Montreal is the main hub anyway) compared to Q1-2012

I agree that the additional judges are a positive step, but I'm not sure that we have very strong statistical information to justify optimism regarding Montreal (or other office) processing times.

Edited by eileen - 31 Oct 2013 at 2:10pm
Resources for Future Canadians & their Advocates: http://residencequestionnaire.wordpress.com
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 572573574575576 649>
  Share Topic