Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Canadian Citizenship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Timeline - Montreal office

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 570571572573574 649>
Author
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EasyRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2013 at 2:53pm
Thank you for detailed reporting from test, pierrerion, and good luck with having an oath soon!
mayinmontreal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mayinmontreal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2013 at 12:50pm
Is it necessary to send passport copies to cic when I apply permanent resident, renew pr card, apply citizenship and citizenship test? Because I ommited one passport to show to cic, but just use it once before I became pr
May
christy198112 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote christy198112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2013 at 1:33pm
Hello pierrerion

I didn't get a RQ. The first and second time I took the test the agent said:

*OK, we will send your file to a judge if everything is fine you will receive your oath date soon.

I think they say that to all. But for sure they are the ones that check if everything is fine.

Edited by christy198112 - 21 Oct 2013 at 1:34pm
smzsul View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smzsul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2013 at 8:05pm
Just checked my eCas status. I have been called for an interview with a Judge on 10/28 . But I never received the letter (as I changed my address on the RQ) and they never seem to have updated the address.  I am in the US now. I can probably get on a flight and get to Montreal on Monday. But without the letter, I am not sure they'll allow me and needless to say, I don't know the location where I should go. I'll try to call. But are these interviews always at the Montreal CIC office in downtown ?.
Any help is greatly appreciated
Whatever happens is for best
Vancan2012 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vancan2012 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2013 at 8:09pm
Originally posted by smzsul smzsul wrote:

Just checked my eCas status. I have been called for an interview with a Judge on 10/28 . But I never received the letter (as I changed my address on the RQ) and they never seem to have updated the address.  I am in the US now. I can probably get on a flight and get to Montreal on Monday. But without the letter, I am not sure they'll allow me and needless to say, I don't know the location where I should go. I'll try to call. But are these interviews always at the Montreal CIC office in downtown ?.

Any reason you hadn't kept your address up to date with CIC, just like the instructions clearly indicate?
Vancouver S03/12 L03/12 IP11/12 RQ 03/13 XFER 03/13 Currently In Process
EasyRider View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EasyRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2013 at 8:41pm

I'm pretty sure you'll be allowed without a letter, finally, you have an appointment there. There's only one CIC office in Montreal at 1025 Rue Saint-Jacques Ouest, though I'm not sure there's just one entrance there.
Ammreemm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ammreemm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2013 at 8:57pm

Did you pass or fail the test? Do you know the reason for the interview with the judge?
smzsul View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smzsul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2013 at 9:13pm
I must have passed the test. I believe this is RQ processing related.  The RQ was triggered as I wan't living in Quebec/Canada as of the day of the test and I didn't have the health card (surrendered as I was going to live out of Quebec for a while).
Whatever happens is for best
EasyRider View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EasyRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2013 at 9:27pm
Interesting, your case may a proverbial "applying on the way to airport" one in CIC's eyes as someone here put it. If your documents are in order, judge will take whatever notes (s)he would like to take from you and you'll be granted citizenship within 60 days.
Ammreemm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ammreemm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2013 at 9:35pm

I must have passed the test. I believe this is RQ processing related.  The RQ was triggered as I wan't living in Quebec/Canada as of the day of the test and I didn't have the health card (surrendered as I was going to live out of Quebec for a while).

Good luck.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 570571572573574 649>
  Share Topic