Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Canadian Citizenship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Timeline - Montreal office

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 569570571572573 649>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote christy198112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2013 at 7:02pm
Good luck in your test! read 80% the book and 20% practice online
pierrerion View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pierrerion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2013 at 7:07pm
Originally posted by christy198112 christy198112 wrote:

Thanks! I see that you took your test March 2012! And you didn't get any pre-test RQ. So I guess hearing an agent saying a judge will see your file isn't a good sign. I'm curious if you have received any post-test RQ request since it's been one year and a half after your test. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pierrerion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2013 at 7:13pm
Originally posted by pierrerion pierrerion wrote:

Thanks! I see that you took your test March 2012! And you didn't get any pre-test RQ. So I guess hearing an agent saying a judge will see your file isn't a good sign. I'm curious if you have received any post-test RQ request since it's been one year and a half after your test. 

Sorry christy198112 I missed the part on the timeline that you wrote your test again not long ago. So did you hear this the first or second time? Maybe if it's the first time, it's because you didn't do well in the test? Sorry if my question was too obtrusive, I just really wanna know what happens if I'm told a judge will see me file tomorrow or if they just say that to everyone they interview.
Ammreemm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ammreemm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2013 at 7:28pm
They say that to everyone, I guess. After all, a judge has to see the file to make a decision regardless of whether applicants failed or passed the test or whether they received a RQ or not. I hope dpenabill could shed some light on this.
Ammreemm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ammreemm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2013 at 7:42pm

this happen to me the agent said that. I didnt have a RQ

Did the agent tell you that you have an in-person hearing with a judge or that your file will be given to the judge for decision?
dpenabill View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dpenabill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2013 at 2:04am

I do not know what the CIC officials at the test and interview ordinarily say to applicants.

And for those given pre-test RQ, their reports are just trickling in this year and so there is no way to draw any general conclusions about how things will go for the pre-test RQ'd applicant after the test and interview.

But we do know that any RQ'd applicant, that all RQ'd applicants, must have the . . . I forget the name of the file template to be used for the referral to the Citizenship Judge, but it is different and more thorough, has more items for CIC to fill in, than the referral used for routine cases.

It is mandatory for all RQ'd applicants, no matter how satisfied CIC is with the response to the RQ, no matter how confident CIC is about the applicant's qualifications.

So, there will be more information sent to the Citizenship Judge in the referral, more analysis by CIC, more factual detail noted by CIC, plus the RQ response itself, regardless of whether CIC is satisfied that the applicant met the residency requirement and should be assessed in a file review by the CJ, or whether CIC is not satisfied and in effect submits the referral to the CJ for an in-person hearing.

Probably takes longer to complete this referral, so there will be some delay compared to routine cases. The oath may not be scheduled until the CJ actually sees and approves the application, resulting in more delay (routine applicants are often scheduled for the oath before the file has actually gone to the CJ, the CJ getting the file the day or within a few days before the oath is scheduled).

How many pre-test RQs get a file review and how many are on a track for a hearing is something we are not likely to know much about for a long time, and in any event, how it will go for the particular individual will be more directly related to the merits of the case, including reason or reasons why CIC might not be satisfied, than it does with probabilities, with percentages.

All that said: my sense is that this particular reference to what was said at the test and interview event sounds like assurance that all was well, the file would go to the CJ for a file review and the oath would be scheduled. But I do not that and, frankly, I am not sure how much a statement like that should be relied upon anyway . . . there is almost certainly a final review and decision-making step following the interview and the applicant simply is not going to know for sure which way things went until the notice for the oath arrives, or eight to ten months go by and no oath is scheduled (the latter would indicate the long-haul version, even if ultimately there is no actual in-person hearing).

And remember, however long it takes in other offices, add some for Montreal and then add that again, and hope for the best.

Bureaucracy is what bureaucracy does, or When in doubt, follow the instructions. Otherwise, follow the instructions.

BTW: Not an expert, not a Can. lawyer, never worked in immigration
mtlgold View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mtlgold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2013 at 9:25am

Thanks! Good luck on the next stage! My exam is tomorrow, finger crossed. But I decide not to think too much about it. Let it be.

i am under the impression that it happens to everyone. I was told the same thing and at least 6 others that i know have had their test were told the same thing. 
Elianor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elianor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2013 at 11:06am

Thanks a lot

I wanna to exolain my situation
Submition for CIC family demand May 2010 (my wife my son and me)
Test Sept 2011
RQ nov 2011
Meeting juge oct 2013 for me and wife
I meet juge alone because my wife was outside of country
judge ask some addoitional papers  very sample papers for me and son
I asked him about my wife situation, he told me they will decide if 2nd convocation or not...who are they ??? i don't know
I asked him if it will be ppreferable to separate the file s of my son and me
he told me you can call CIC to ask the separation
by law:
BO said that they are conditions for separation and I don't know if they are applied to me
second, some references said that the separation will happen automatically by CIC if the file of my wife will delay the other family members...how is it true ???
thanks for your sdvising

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pierrerion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2013 at 2:24pm
I just finished my test and interview. Nothing unusual. Here are the details.

I arrived at the CIC office 30 minutes early and there were already quite a few people waiting. Exam started in another room at 12:50pm, with one female agent explaining the procedure for the exam and interview. All instructions were bilingual, with French first then English. Answer sheets and exam booklets were distributed. All the booklets were bilingual, with alternatving French and English pages, French in white and English in blue. It seemed they reused the booklets as mine was quite worn out. 

The agent asked us not to leak out the exam questions, not even to family members. But it was easy in my opinion. I got all questions right as i was told by an agent during my interview.

I think there were 3 agents doing the interviews today and around 50 to 60 applicants waiting. So if you finish your exam later than others,  you are in for a long wait. My interview was short and brief and the agent friendly. Checked my health card, driver's license, passports and confirmation of permanent residency. Asked me about my history in Canada, educational history, how many times I had been back to my home country, where I worked, where I lived, rent or own, where my parents were, brothers and sisters etc. When talking about what I did for living, he actually asked how I went to work and what bus I took, which was interesting. I offered to show him my tax files and he said it wasn't necessary. 

In the end, he said my files would be sent to a judge to decide and if everything was fine I should expect an oath invitation in 2-4 months. So I guess this is really not an indication for trouble. All in all, things went well and I found no indication to be overly concerned. But if an RQ comes, I'll be at peace with it, after all I've learned over the years not to expect too much from governments.

Edited by pierrerion - 18 Oct 2013 at 2:26pm
Deemoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deemoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2013 at 2:38pm

I just finished my test and interview. Nothing unusual. Here are the details.

I arrived at the CIC office 30 minutes early and there were already quite a few people waiting. Exam started in another room at 12:50pm, with one female agent explaining the procedure for the exam and interview. All instructions were bilingual, with French first then English. Answer sheets and exam booklets were distributed. All the booklets were bilingual, with alternatving French and English pages, French in white and English in blue. It seemed they reused the booklets as mine was quite worn out. 

The agent asked us not to leak out the exam questions, not even to family members. But it was easy in my opinion. I got all questions right as i was told by an agent during my interview.

I think there were 3 agents doing the interviews today and around 50 to 60 applicants waiting. So if you finish your exam later than others,  you are in for a long wait. My interview was short and brief and the agent friendly. Checked my health card, driver's license, passports and confirmation of permanent residency. Asked me about my history in Canada, educational history, how many times I had been back to my home country, where I worked, where I lived, rent or own, where my parents were, brothers and sisters etc. When talking about what I did for living, he actually asked how I went to work and what bus I took, which was interesting. I offered to show him my tax files and he said it wasn't necessary. 

In the end, he said my files would be sent to a judge to decide and if everything was fine I should expect an oath invitation in 2-4 months. So I guess this is really not an indication for trouble. All in all, things went well and I found no indication to be overly concerned. But if an RQ comes, I'll be at peace with it, after all I've learned over the years not to expect too much from governments.

Congratulations! I hope the oath ceremony will come soon.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 569570571572573 649>
  Share Topic