Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Canadian Citizenship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Timeline - Montreal office

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 524525526527528 649>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mmehride Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2013 at 1:54pm
Originally posted by beaverr beaverr wrote:

good luck everyone

Nothing in my ecas or mail
beaverr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beaverr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2013 at 3:01pm
Mmehride normally oath dates are updated on friday, and personal oath invitation on tuesdays so cross fingers to receive letter next week
dpenabill View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dpenabill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2013 at 3:02pm

I just want to be clear about the fact that yes, some of us will indeed experience very long processing timelines. But this is almost always due to the circumstances of our case. With some exceptions, this is not random, not due to chance, but is due to the particular facts in our own case, and is usually (not always) something we can recognize for ourselves if we do a thorough, objective self-assessment of our own case.

Those of us who will experience the really, really long time lines (more than two years, and especially, for some, more than three years), should be able to predict whether or not we are at high risk for this. We know (if we bother to be honest with ourselves) whether there is a substantial prospect of background security concerns, background admissibility concerns, questionable residency concerns, or concerns about misrepresentation (fraud). I am talking about those of us who are qualified, who are confident that in the end, to the extent there are any of these concerns and despite those concerns, we are nonetheless qualified for citizenship and should not be in anyway prohibited, so we should ultimately be OK. For those in this situation, yes, it could take a long time, or a very long time, or even an incredibly long time. But this should be no surprise. We should see it coming. (Again, we should see it coming if we have bothered to be honest with ourselves.)

That is, I do not mean to sugarcoat things:

Some of us will see very long processing timelines.

The vast majority will not (recongnizing, however, that the routine processing time itself is long, too long).

The difference for almost all of us is foreseeable, predictable, and it is predictable because we know the details of our life and the details in our applications, and we can figure out to what extent, even though qualified, there is the prospect of CIC having concerns relative to background security, admissibility, prohibitions, fraud, or proof of residency.

In the meantime:
Quote . . .but this case really happened and the guy is really genuine applicant , anyway he is exaggerating I don't think he will get a removal order as he has with him all receipt and taxes and bank statement already and he worked for all the relevant year so I think the judge will approve his citizenship.

To be clear: in a case where a PR has a citizenship application pending and is scheduled for a hearing with a citizenship judge, that hearing is not about whether the PR will be given a removal order.

If a PR is scheduled for a hearing at which there is going to be a determination as to whether a removal order should be issued, that is not a hearing with a citizenship judge. That would be some level of hearing within IRB or IAD. That was the procedural process that occurred in the Werfalli case.

Bureaucracy is what bureaucracy does, or When in doubt, follow the instructions. Otherwise, follow the instructions.

BTW: Not an expert, not a Can. lawyer, never worked in immigration
CyberHawk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CyberHawk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2013 at 4:42pm

Cyberhwawk have you tried calling them? I have same timeline as you and it is for the 3rd time that agent confirmed that no decision was made yet on my file. how about you?

Beaver, I want to call them near July 15 if nothing happens till then. 
Since you've updated the oath dates I'm feeling a bit more optimistic.

Landed 2007 Montreal
Applied 08/2011
In process 10/2012
Test's written 02/2013
mmehride View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mmehride Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2013 at 6:42pm
Originally posted by CyberHawk CyberHawk wrote:

Cyberhwawk have you tried calling them? I have same timeline as you and it is for the 3rd time that agent confirmed that no decision was made yet on my file. how about you?

Beaver, I want to call them near July 15 if nothing happens till then. 
Since you've updated the oath dates I'm feeling a bit more optimistic.

YAAAAAAAY got my oath letter for July 17th :), Good luck everyone :).

BTW what should I take to the exam?

and what is needed for the passport and how long does it take to get ready 
Vancan2012 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vancan2012 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2013 at 7:02pm
Exam or oath? Congrats either way, as progress is always a good thing.

Edited by Vancan2012 - 05 Jul 2013 at 7:03pm
Vancouver S03/12 L03/12 IP11/12 RQ 03/13 XFER 03/13 Currently In Process
Vancan2012 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vancan2012 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2013 at 7:02pm
What is your local office? If you are not comfortable sharing the local office just say so, it's OK.
Vancouver S03/12 L03/12 IP11/12 RQ 03/13 XFER 03/13 Currently In Process
EasyRider View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EasyRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2013 at 7:03pm
Congratulations, mmehride! Good timeline.
mmehride View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mmehride Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2013 at 7:20pm
Thanks everyone, sorry for the typo its for oath. My case is:
Montreal office
Applied Oct 2011
Test 28 may 2013
Oath 17 July 2013

I did not live in Canada during the test but am working in US, the officer was super nice didnt even check my passport stamps, I travelled around 10 times during the 4 year citizenship (mostly for conferences to various countries!!!). I even left for US the week after submitting my application for an internship for 6 months.

I guess as far as you are working or studying or have a valid clear status in the 4 year period everything is gonna be ok. They only care if you left for your home country for long periods and if they think you might want to just go back there and never come back.
dpenabill View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dpenabill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2013 at 7:43pm
Congratulations mmehride; a fairly long journey but a good outcome and it did not take so long as some alarms were suggesting (particularly for Montreal).
Bureaucracy is what bureaucracy does, or When in doubt, follow the instructions. Otherwise, follow the instructions.

BTW: Not an expert, not a Can. lawyer, never worked in immigration
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 524525526527528 649>
  Share Topic