Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Canadian Citizenship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Timeline - Montreal office

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 521522523524525 649>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CyberHawk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2013 at 2:55pm
Originally posted by beaverr beaverr wrote:

So sad, no oath ceremonies in montreal just one for 25 lucky applicants , i hope best for them in life but I m jealous i want my turn to come :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Same here... 
Freaking bureaucrats... Dead
Landed 2007 Montreal
Applied 08/2011
In process 10/2012
Test's written 02/2013
beaverr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beaverr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2013 at 3:01pm
Did you try call the cyberhawk, me called they said no decision taken yet after 4 months and the officer told me that if after4 months no oath letter that mean you will have hearing, so sad and down here
CyberHawk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CyberHawk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2013 at 3:14pm

Did you try call the cyberhawk, me called they said no decision taken yet after 4 months and the officer told me that if after4 months no oath letter that mean you will have hearing, so sad and down here

I didn't call them, not once yet. 
I think I might call them in the next days, maybe tomorrow.
I was hoping I'd get my passport before the end of the summer so I could finally go on a vacation to some awesome beach somewhere. LOL
Seems I can only dream of that. Confused
Landed 2007 Montreal
Applied 08/2011
In process 10/2012
Test's written 02/2013
eileen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eileen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2013 at 3:47pm

So sad, no oath ceremonies in montreal just one for 25 lucky applicants , i hope best for them in life but I m jealous i want my turn to come :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

I went to the ceremony and there were only 20 new citizens affirmed, including Kouyaté Djelifatoma and her three children. She said in a CBC report that the ceremony brought up "mixed emotions" because her husband died before he could become a citizen.

I wish the reporter had asked more questions about her case as I would be very interested to know if her husband died during their wait for citizenship or before, as well as whether they experienced a long or short wait for citizenship.

Regardless, I give the CBC credit for focusing on a more complex citizenship story and wish the new citizens luck.
Resources for Future Canadians & their Advocates: http://residencequestionnaire.wordpress.com
Roni View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2013 at 12:00am
Well I have a question especially dpendebil. Do you think if I go to MP willhelp. or any other who have an experience.
08 NOV 2010 A/R-15 SEP 2011 IN PROCESS26 SEP SEND IT TO/1.March 20133
beaverr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beaverr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2013 at 1:49pm
No oath in montreal, they closed till october
rpeetala View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rpeetala Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2013 at 1:55pm
what? . Closed till October???
ravi
dpenabill View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dpenabill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2013 at 2:15pm

Originally posted by Roni Roni wrote:

Well I have a question especially dpendebil. Do you think if I go to MP willhelp. or any other who have an experience.

I really have no idea, but I think a lot depends on the underlying circumstances in the individual case.

Some applicants are simply going to have a long wait. As I posted in another topic, applicants who CIC perceives to be living abroad may face longer waits (and applicants who are living abroad without informing CIC, particularly if at some point the applicant has misrepresented where they are living, are probably particularly at risk for very long delays or being in a queue for a fraud hearing), and there are a variety of other situations and reasons why this or that applicant's case is stalled, in a wait mode.

Personally, I would hire a lawyer. But I can afford to hire a lawyer. And I have enough grasp of most that is involved to practically supervise and assure that the lawyer is giving me the service I pay for.

Whether or not to hire a lawyer if one can afford it but the cost is still a big factor, is a personal decision. A thorough and objective self-assessment, looking for all the possible concerns or problems with the case, can help a person make up their mind. The self-assessment should focus a lot, lot less on why CIC should send your case to the Citizenship Judge with a recommendation that the application be approved, and a lot, lot more on what potential issues against you there might be. That is: get informed. Look for what could be the problem.

Most applicants with real issues can figure out what the issues are likely to be if they try much.

Or wait.

Or, both, get informed and wait anyway.

I wish I could offer you more than that. I do not mean to sound callous. But the reality is that the process is taking as long as it is taking. I have yet to see more than a tiny, tiny handful of applicants manage to prod CIC into action any faster. The complaints being made in the GTA may have something to do with some of the changes taking place, so perhaps those engaged in advocating more efficiency at CIC are having an impact (I hope so). But, for individuals, it still appears to largely be what it is, and what it is can be very, very slow.

Bureaucracy is what bureaucracy does, or When in doubt, follow the instructions. Otherwise, follow the instructions.

BTW: Not an expert, not a Can. lawyer, never worked in immigration
CyberHawk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CyberHawk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2013 at 2:25pm

No oath in montreal, they closed till october

WHAT????? Shocked
How do you know??
Who told you that???? 

Edited by CyberHawk - 03 Jul 2013 at 2:25pm
Landed 2007 Montreal
Applied 08/2011
In process 10/2012
Test's written 02/2013
Rakesh_Ravisankar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rakesh_Ravisankar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2013 at 3:50pm
Hi,
My timeline is as follows:

Applied - May 2012
Letter Received - May 2012
In Process - Feb 2013

Can you please update this in the spreadsheet?
Also, my file is still in Sydney as of last week. How long did it take for people whose file got transferred to Montreal? Any information would be great.

Thanks,
Rakesh
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 521522523524525 649>
  Share Topic