Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Canadian Citizenship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Timeline - Montreal office

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 500501502503504 649>
Author
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dpenabill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2013 at 6:28pm

Originally posted by hekmeh30 hekmeh30 wrote:

Please help needed: my friend did test in march. 2013 at the interview the officer told him that in case you pass the written test you will be invited for oath within 3 to 4 months. Today he worried and called cic the girl went check for him and said that application is still under checking , no decision made yet and either he will be invited for oath or to a hearing and they will answer maximum by April 2013. So please what you think is going on? Should he worry much? his was started to be processed since march 2012 before 1 year of test and he applied in march 2011 ? could it be background check expire or waiting a decision to give rq?

As I have said often, and others say, mostly it is about waiting. There are many, many reasons why this or that individual's application is stalled, and it is nearly impossible to guess what is really going on in any individual's case.

As I repeatedly emphasize, I am no expert. Even if I was an expert, however, there is never enough information in a setting like an online forum to truly assess what is going on in a particular individual's case -- beyond the more obvious things that is.

Most people should have a very good idea if there is any reason to fear a problem.

While there are exceptions, CIC is not in the business of manufacturing problems for qualified applicants who are playing by the rules.

Yes, there are bureaucratic obstacles and necessary determinations to be made, and so qualified applicants sometimes find their case moving more slowly than others, subject to extra inquiries, but that should not indicate a problem -- again, most applicants should know whether or not there is likely to be a problem. (Used a friend's address rather than the place you are actually staying, sure, anticipate the possibility of that triggering a problem; overstated your actual physical presence, sure, anticipate the possibility of problems; described yourself as a consultant working in Canada when you were actually working for a company abroad, sure, anticipate the possibility of problems; you have brothers who engaged in questionable activity back home, not your fault but, sure, anticipate there may be a longer, more in-depth investigation into your background; and so on).

Generally, the repeated telephone calls to the call centre are a waste of time. There are instances in which applicants do need to make the call, or the call will provide information the applicant can use, and after the specified timeline periods it is time to make a call, but otherwise, generally, probably most of the calls I see reported here, are a waste of time and a waste of the tax dollars we pay, and part of the overall problem.

Call centre representatives cannot tell the applicant anything more than what the applicant either already knows or will soon find out, since the call centre rep will not know when anything is going to be done in a particular case until, practically, it is done -- nearly all what they say about what will happen next or in the future is general information, not specific to the individual. Again, most of these calls are largely (if not entirely) not informative, a waste of time.

Bureaucracy is what bureaucracy does, or When in doubt, follow the instructions. Otherwise, follow the instructions.

BTW: Not an expert, not a Can. lawyer, never worked in immigration
autumn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote autumn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2013 at 6:46pm
Hi frenchapplicant,
I cald CIC last week of march they said that my file still at Sydney,then they send the invitationtest on 27 April to do the test in 13 of may,but I don't now the date of transfer

Edited by autumn - 18 Jun 2013 at 6:47pm

Roni View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 9:24am
Originally posted by richa richa wrote:

Originally posted by Roni
The problem is my kids PR are expired. for renewed we need 3 months!... so after 3 months. We are in the modle to apply or not.

Roni - There is also a procedure where you can ask for fast processing of PR card if you show them valid reasons like a plane ticket to Mexico and your credit card details that shows you paid for the ticket
Check these links:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/pr-card/apply-urgent-processing-not-submitted.asp

Or other option is you can also send application to renew PR card as a normal procedure and then if you decide to travel in July, Aug or so, then show the plane ticket and follow these instructions
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/pr-card/apply-urgent-processing-already-submitted.asp
Maybe this helps...

Thank you Richa,  Well I don't know how to explain but it wont be confutable for me and my family, 
1- Have to go to Ottawa to renew passports,
2- Make a reservation and put every body in hope,
3- in any case if your PR delay 

I don't know if you understand but it wont be easy, We were planed to go with no risk. and confutable. Any way its better to wait. not give hope ....  I applied 2010.  Many people received after me, I know its not fair but nothing to do. They may do more fast investigation to whom waiting longer than other.  This is nothing to say its not because  country safety anymore  .its just in Canada....!!!!!! Not in USA not in Europe  and no Australia...

08 NOV 2010 A/R-15 SEP 2011 IN PROCESS26 SEP SEND IT TO/1.March 20133
oyott33 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oyott33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 9:37am
Hi all, seems recently montreal is doing oath right after test, my friend was very worried cause he had his test this june 5th , he called cic and ask the agent when he should expect answer , she said that now it is taking couple of weeks and most probably if nothing received he will have a hearing !!!!!!!!!!!!! so he insisted on her , she went and checked and came back and said as expected you passed test but you have a hearing between 1 and 2 years delay !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 
Roni View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 9:37am
[QUOTE=wishtobesoon]Don't worry, hekmeh30. It is the matter of waiting time. My case is not RQ, but it has been almost 31 months since I applied. As I said earlier, I applied as a family application and one of my member failed the test. Finally, my file was separated in April 2013, but because of the separation, an agent told me that it takes longer. It really depends on the offices because I know that one case from Vancouver was easily separated and already they became Canadians. I know how it is frustrating (because I am), but there is nothing we can do. Just waiting.

In addition, the agent told me that I need to wait up to this December. Hope that it helps.
(I'm not from Middle east, so your originality doesn't really matter) I is really case by case.
[/QUOTE

I am in same boat  as you , Did you have RQ or FP. and could you please post your information, when did you apply and when did you have test. 
thanks, 
mmehride View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mmehride Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 9:47am
Originally posted by oyott33 oyott33 wrote:

Hi all, seems recently montreal is doing oath right after test, my friend was very worried cause he had his test this june 5th , he called cic and ask the agent when he should expect answer , she said that now it is taking couple of weeks and most probably if nothing received he will have a hearing !!!!!!!!!!!!! so he insisted on her , she went and checked and came back and said as expected you passed test but you have a hearing between 1 and 2 years delay !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

I would not trust the cic agents in this. Me, Nowwhat, timoti and autumn2 have all had our tests in May and still dont have oath letters so your friend has to wait a bit more, its just too early!!!
mmehride View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mmehride Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 9:54am
Originally posted by mmehride mmehride wrote:

I would not trust the cic agents in this. Me, Nowwhat, timoti and autumn2 have all had our tests in May and still dont have oath letters so your friend has to wait a bit more, its just too early!!!

BTW did your friend's interview go bad?
hekmeh30 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hekmeh30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 9:54am
Originally posted by Roni Roni wrote:

[QUOTE=wishtobesoon]Don't worry, hekmeh30. It is the matter of waiting time. My case is not RQ, but it has been almost 31 months since I applied. As I said earlier, I applied as a family application and one of my member failed the test. Finally, my file was separated in April 2013, but because of the separation, an agent told me that it takes longer. It really depends on the offices because I know that one case from Vancouver was easily separated and already they became Canadians. I know how it is frustrating (because I am), but there is nothing we can do. Just waiting.

In addition, the agent told me that I need to wait up to this December. Hope that it helps.
(I'm not from Middle east, so your originality doesn't really matter) I is really case by case.
[/QUOTE

I am in same boat  as you , Did you have RQ or FP. and could you please post your information, when did you apply and when did you have test. 
thanks, 
Hi Roni ,  CIC told you that no decision has benn yet made on your exam and still have either oath , either hearing?
oyott33 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oyott33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 10:00am

BTW did your friend's interview go bad?
Hi mmehride, as per his feedback , no it went very good and agent told him you will receive oath in 2 months but he was afraid from high number  of hearing with judge decisions taken lately on high number of applicants in montreal and he called twice and both answers were he has hearing  and he don't know why, never left Canada since 5 years and work stable and airport Trudeau permanent job since 4 years , so now so sad and discussing nonstop about this as it is the only thing in his life
Roni View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 10:05am
Originally posted by hekmeh30 hekmeh30 wrote:

Originally posted by Roni Roni wrote:

[/QUOTE

thanks, 
Hi Roni ,  CIC told you that no decision has benn yet made on your exam and still have either oath , either hearing?

Well I called several times after test, each time got different answers,

First,   :  Waiting for hearing,
second:  I can't say nothing your waiting, I ask if I am waiting for hearing she said no. 
third   :  Same as second
fourth:  He checked  my file and he was really polite and nice guy , And he told me your waiting for judge. Will be up to November.  in November it will be 48 months after my application. :((((( 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 500501502503504 649>
  Share Topic