Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Canadian Citizenship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Timeline - Montreal office

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 649>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mendie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2009 at 3:22pm
Hi mtl007.
Good luck for the test. you said before that you are going to call the CIC to inform them that you are travelling for vacation I was wondering if they gave you an earlier test date because you called them or  they now scheduling on  a normal basis the people who applied end of december .I am asking you this because i intend to travel during the xmas break.

Edited by mendie - 10 Dec 2009 at 3:27pm
Alltime View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alltime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2009 at 4:54pm

Hi mtl007.
Good luck and prepares for the oath the same day. I have check, there is a oath ceremony the same day! Thumbs Up
mtl007 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mtl007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2009 at 5:50pm
Thank you ab007

No, my ecas is still the same, no test information so far. I guess CIC doesn't update the E-cas on a daily basis.

Originally posted by ab007 ab007 wrote:

Does yor ecas got updated mtl007?
mtl007 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mtl007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2009 at 5:54pm
Hello mendie

Thank you. Actually I was planing to call them a week before my trip. Lucky I'm, I received the test letter before.

Originally posted by mendie mendie wrote:

Hi mtl007.
Good luck for the test. you said before that you are going to call the CIC to inform them that you are travelling for vacation I was wondering if they gave you an earlier test date because you called them or  they now scheduling on  a normal basis the people who applied end of december .I am asking you this because i intend to travel during the xmas break.

mtl007 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mtl007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2009 at 5:58pm
Hi Alltime
I don't think I'll get oath the same day (reason it doesn't say so on the test letter), but I will be more than glad if asked to spend more hours for a citizenship ceremony.

Originally posted by Alltime Alltime wrote:

Hi mtl007.
Good luck and prepares for the oath the same day. I have check, there is a oath ceremony the same day! Thumbs Up
mtl007 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mtl007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2009 at 6:01pm
Hi mrstaycation
Thank you for this extensive information about the test. I find it very usefulThumbs Up
Cheers!!!Clap
Originally posted by mrstaycation mrstaycation wrote:

Hi everyone
For those of you who will have citizenship test, here are some info:
- http://www.yourlibrary.ca/citizenship/  is a very helpful site
- It's useful to prepare the test... my test included questions like: year Nunavut became a territory, or when did the Canadian charter of freedoms and rights become part of the constitution
- For all the questions you have to circle the right answer (4 possible answers: a b c or d) and only one answer is correct (exclusive). For almost all the questions, the suggested wrong answers are obvious, which makes it straight forward to someone who prepared for the test.
- They provide different series of questions, from a row to another, so the guy on your side has a different test
- There's 20 questions, 5 questions by category (4 categories)
- The elections and voting procedures is the most important category. the 1st of the 5 questions it includes, is mandatory to answer correctly, if failed = failed test. My mandatory question was:  What do you mark on a federal election ballot (answer is X ), the other 4 questions of this category were like: who has the right to vote in federal elections... etc
- If you renewed your passport, and your origin country policy is to take back the old one, then it's better to get a photocopy of the old one from your consulate. Otherwise the citizenship officer may ask you more questions and get suspicious.

Any questions Question, feel free to ask
Good luck Wink
mrstaycation View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrstaycation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2009 at 9:13pm
You're welcome and good luck for your test

Originally posted by mtl007 mtl007 wrote:

Hi mrstaycation
Thank you for this extensive information about the test. I find it very usefulThumbs Up
Cheers!!!Clap
mrstaycation View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrstaycation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2009 at 12:06am
Hello Mendie
Could you please share your time-line?
Thank you!

Originally posted by mendie mendie wrote:

Hi mtl007.

mtl007 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mtl007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2009 at 1:42pm
Hi

Ecas got updated today.

Originally posted by ab007 ab007 wrote:

Does yor ecas got updated mtl007?
gopuge2006 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gopuge2006 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2009 at 3:16pm
Originally posted by mtl007 mtl007 wrote:

Hi

Ecas got updated today.

Alleluia CIC Montreal !

They take as much as one entire YEAR just to book us for the test.
They inform us by letter only one WEEK before the test (do they ever think that there may be a problem with Canada Posts ?) and Ecas is update only one DAY before the test.

Edited by gopuge2006 - 22 Dec 2009 at 10:35am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 649>
  Share Topic