Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Canadian Citizenship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Timeline - Montreal office

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2425262728 649>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote germ_guz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2010 at 11:02pm
Congratulations Alltime!

Keep in mind the address showed on CIC website for the ceremony is wrong. (5577 Avenue wilderton). The correct address would be listed on your letter: (5757 Avenue wilderton)

Mrstaycation, Egycanadian and Fassima hope you all receive your oath convocation shortly!!!!!
Applied: Nov/17/2008
Transferred: Jun/10/2009
Test: Nov/27/2009
oath: Feb/24/2010
mrstaycation View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrstaycation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2010 at 11:40pm
Thank you twice:
- for wishing us a close oath.
- for reminding us to pay attention to the wrong address (pity they didn't correct it yet). 
Take care man.

Originally posted by germ_guz germ_guz wrote:

Congratulations Alltime!

Keep in mind the address showed on CIC website for the ceremony is wrong. (5577 Avenue wilderton). The correct address would be listed on your letter: (5757 Avenue wilderton)

Mrstaycation, Egycanadian and Fassima hope you all receive your oath convocation shortly!!!!!
kitkat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kitkat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2010 at 11:55pm
Congratulations Sam2010.
Have a nice ceremony... what a relief huh???
Take care and good luck with more success to come.

Originally posted by SAM2010 SAM2010 wrote:

Hello Everybody,

I watched  this thread  during last months to see how other people's application is going and I should say it was a helpful source and I found useful information in it.

My online status just updated this week ( probably for the last time) and I told myself it wouldn't be fair if I don't share it with you all, so here you go:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on December 17, 2008.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called A Look at Canada on December 17, 2008. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on June 3, 2009.

Your file was transferred to the Montréal CIC office on August 3, 2009. The Montréal CIC office will contact you if additional information is required. The Montréal CIC office will contact you regarding your citizenship test once all the necessary checks on your file are complete.

We sent you a notice on December 21, 2009 to XXXXXXX  to appear and write the citizenship test on January 13, 2010 at 1:45 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us. If we have sent the letter to the wrong address, please contact us.

We sent you a notice on February 4, 2010 to XXXXXXX  to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on March 10, 2010 at 8:30 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us. If we have sent the letter to the wrong address, please contact us.

Regards,
Received 2009/01/12>Started 2009/07/09>Transferred 2009/08/19> Test 2010/02/10>Oath ????/??/??
kitkat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kitkat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2010 at 12:02am
Congratulations Alltime
Enjoy your upcoming ceremony!
I wish you all the best

Take care

Originally posted by Alltime Alltime wrote:

Hello Friends,

We have see the end... 

We sent you a notice on February 5, 2010 to XXXXXXXXXXXX, Quebec, Canada, to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on March 3, 2010 at 1:00 PM. 

Good luck to everybody and lets god bless you! Smile

Received 2008/11/24>Started 2009/05/28>Transferred 2009/07/17>Test 2010/01/12>Oath 2010/03/03  Thumbs Up
Received 2009/01/12>Started 2009/07/09>Transferred 2009/08/19> Test 2010/02/10>Oath ????/??/??
kitkat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kitkat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2010 at 12:11am
Hello everyone
I would like to pay a tribute to all the contributors from this forum. No doubts tomorrow I'll pass my test with zero anxiety or apprehension.
Thank you so much MrStaycation, Germ_guz, Alltime ... and the list goes on and on

Edited by kitkat - 10 Feb 2010 at 12:12am
egycanadian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote egycanadian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2010 at 6:07pm
Hi everybody

I've a bad news ... I called CIC today ... the agent said to me you 've

an interview ..!! I ask why ?? he dosen't know ... I ask when ?? he

dosen't know ..!!!! you've to wait till we mail you the time for it ..

is any of you guys know anything about this sh*t ...?????????!!!!!!!!
NOV/10/2008 APPLICATION RECEIVED
MAR/26/2009 STARTED PROCESSING
APR/23/2009 FILE TRANSFERRD TO MONTREAL OFFICE
NOV/12/2009 CITIZENSHIP TEST
edmotonresident View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edmotonresident Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2010 at 6:49pm
Originally posted by egycanadian egycanadian wrote:

Hi everybody

Maube it's a Quality Control Interview, they select applicants randomly, don't worry about it, it happens, they just want to verify the info provided in your application form.
I don't think it's a RQ..
Gud Luck
"Canada, where good people live"
egycanadian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote egycanadian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2010 at 7:51pm
Thanks edmotonresident

the problem is that I found out that some people had this interview 4

years after the test .. that means I've to wait another 4 years till I

get this interview ...
NOV/10/2008 APPLICATION RECEIVED
MAR/26/2009 STARTED PROCESSING
APR/23/2009 FILE TRANSFERRD TO MONTREAL OFFICE
NOV/12/2009 CITIZENSHIP TEST
edmotonresident View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edmotonresident Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2010 at 8:36pm
Let's see what the letter says, don't depress yourself, each case is unique, be patient till your mail arrives.
Gud Luck
"Canada, where good people live"
mrstaycation View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrstaycation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2010 at 8:50pm
Hi Egycanadian

I'm sorry to hear that after 3 months (test interview) they find it necessary to reschedule you for another one. I think this time it's the judge who wants to clarify and assess your file during an interview. But to be honest it's beyond my knowledge.
So please guys who know about this stuff don't be shy to share your info.

Originally posted by egycanadian egycanadian wrote:

Hi everybody

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2425262728 649>
  Share Topic