Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Canadian Citizenship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Timeline - Montreal office

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 645646647648649>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oneday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2014 at 9:01pm
Thank you Montrealia!
But now I don't want to think about it anymore.
If and when it has to happen, it will happen.
Que sera sera!!
CIC8888 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CIC8888 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2014 at 11:51am
Hi,
Today I received my TEST INVITATION LETTER" from Montreal office. I applied in Nov 2013 and processing started January 2014. File transferred to local office in May 2014. Time line seems normal and falls routine. but I have below questions.

1. On test date, they requested to bring all my Passport Pages copies. (is this mandatory for all applicants) or case by case? because I have very extensive travel record.
also I have sent all my pages while applying.

2. what sort of questions do I expect during interview. I am a contractor working for a very good company in Montreal for past 4 years. I have a letter from this company too.

3. reading from this forum makes me think I may get a post RQ :( because of my travel history and contracting job.

please let me know. thanks
montrealia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote montrealia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2014 at 1:54pm
After more than 38 months since applying I'm finally Canadian!

The whole process took about 2 hours and 15 minutes, of which 1 hour and 45 minutes was just for document verification! 375 people were sworn (from 64 countries), so I'd say that the document verification was quite efficient, since so many people were there.  Regarding documents, they checked COPR, pieces of ID (in my case, driver's license and health card), took away the PR card, and that's it. They didn't look at passports.

The ceremony was quite fast. First they gave some general info about the ceremony and paperwork (this was repeated in both languages). Then the judge discussed the responsibilities of Canadian citizens (she used both English and French, but said different things in each language, in the sense that both languages complemented each other). Then we did the oath in both languages (you can choose either, or do it in both). After that the certificates were distributed (that went pretty fast, it was very well organized, as we had assigned seats, and they distributed certificates in different areas of the room at the same time). Finally, we sang "O Canada" (a strange bilingual version that started in French and finished in English). After the ceremony the judge stayed around for pictures, that too was very organized, as those interested in taking pictures with the judge had to do a line.

All in all, I'd say that the ceremony was very efficient and I'd wish they had been this efficient while processing the file!

Good luck to all of you still waiting! I have you in my thoughts...

Edited to correct typo.

Edited by montrealia - 07 Aug 2014 at 1:56pm
Office: Guess!!!
Received: 25 May 2011
In Process: 26 Jun 2012
pre-test RQ submitted: 03 Aug 2012
PR card renewed: June-Sept 2013, no issues
Test: 26 March 2014
Oath: 7 August 2014
mini_k View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini_k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2014 at 2:25pm
Originally posted by montrealia montrealia wrote:

The whole process took about 2 hours and 15 minutes, of which 1 hour and 45 minutes was just for document verification! 375 people were sworn (from 64 countries), so I'd say that the document verification was quite efficient, since so many people were there.  Regarding documents, they checked COPR, pieces of ID (in my case, driver's license and health card), took away the PR card, and that's it. They didn't look at passports.

The ceremony was quite fast. First they gave some general info about the ceremony and paperwork (this was repeated in both languages). Then the judge discussed the responsibilities of Canadian citizens (she used both English and French, but said different things in each language, in the sense that both languages complemented each other). Then we did the oath in both languages (you can choose either, or do it in both). After that the certificates were distributed (that went pretty fast, it was very well organized, as we had assigned seats, and they distributed certificates in different areas of the room at the same time). Finally, we sang "O Canada" (a strange bilingual version that started in French and finished in English). After the ceremony the judge stayed around for pictures, that too was very organized, as those interested in taking pictures with the judge had to do a line.

All in all, I'd say that the ceremony was very efficient and I'd wish they had been this efficient while processing the file!

Edited to correct typo.
Congratulations!!! Very happy for you!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote montrealia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2014 at 4:32pm
Thank you mini_k! I hope your day comes soon!
greeny View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greeny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2014 at 8:11pm
Originally posted by montrealia montrealia wrote:

Edited to correct typo.

congrats!!!StarStarStar
landed: May, 2003

applied: Dec04,2009

test/RQ: Feb15,2011 st.clair
2nd RQ: Aug 2014
Total waiting time to oath: 60,5 months :)= 5 years and 14 days
oath- Dec , 2014

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote montrealia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2014 at 8:43pm
Thanks greeny! I'll be looking forward to your day too!
sheves View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sheves Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2014 at 9:31am
Hello FinallySmileSmile, here is my timeline.

CIC Received application on: 12 May 2011 (online)

Acknowledgement letter dated: 14 June 2011

Started processing on: 6 June 2012 (online)

File transferred to Montreal on: 6 June 2012 (by phone)

Montreal CIC office sent me a RQ Residence Questionnaire Dated: 6 June 2012

Acknowledgement of RQ to Montreal CIC office: 29 August 2012 (by Phone)

We sent you a notice on August 1, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on August 14, 2014 at 8:15 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment.

I passed the EXAM 19/20, after the written Exam the judge asked me questions regarding my RQ, when he was done, he told me that my file is complete. and I will receive a letter when the oath ceremony will be.

abdellah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abdellah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2014 at 12:52pm
Just wanted to share my timeline:

Application received     28th March     2013

Processing started       28th May       2013

File transferred to       18th March     2014
Monteal local office

Test                            26th May       2014

Ceremony                  02nd September 2014

For the ceremony date, I got the information through a CIC Call center agent today.
Ecas not yet updated.

Total time : a bit more than 17 months. No RQ :)

Good luck everyone!
roadmr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roadmr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2014 at 1:29pm
Hello fellow applicants!

About 8 months after sending our citizenship applications, we received a "Notice to appear - to write a citizenship test and for verification of identity/documents". The notification arrived about 2 weeks ago and the test will be in a couple of days (downtown Montreal).

Along with the notice, another document reading "IMPORTANT NOTICE" says "Following your citizenship exam, you will be seen by an officer for an interview..." and near the end, "If you pass the test and your application is approved, you will attend a citizenship ceremony immediately after". The final paragraph further states "the ceremony usually begins two hours after the test start time".

This strongly suggests that the test, interview and oath (with subsequent change of residence/citizenship status) will all happen within a few hours of each other.

Based on everything I've read, most people take the oath weeks after the exam, so I was wondering if a lot of people here have seen this "everything on the same day" process.

This really just for curiosity's sake, as we're happy either way: having it all done in one fell swoop is fine, but waiting a few weeks for the actual oath/ceremony would not be a problem. We're in no rush here :)

Thanks!

- Roadmr
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 645646647648649>
  Share Topic