Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Canadian Citizenship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Timeline - Montreal office

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 622623624625626 649>
Author
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EasyRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2014 at 4:05pm
Originally posted by 02138 02138 wrote:

We sent you a notice on February 27, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on March 18, 2014

Congrats and thanks for updating.
saannto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saannto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2014 at 7:36pm
02138 - what was your RQ about?

And Eileen - best of luck for your Oath.
since your file was neatly presented,  if you could share that it would be very helpful for us. how did you present your RQ documents
thanks in advance.
ladyangelJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladyangelJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2014 at 12:11am
Originally posted by dpenabill dpenabill wrote:

Nice report ladyangelJ; congratulations. Appears to have been a very positive experience.

Thank you dpenabill, it was.  I forgot to mention that they kept the invitation letter, I've seen the question asked before so i thought I'd mention that.
Akroom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Akroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2014 at 12:15am

Edited by Akroom - 12 Mar 2014 at 1:14pm
Akroom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Akroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2014 at 12:21am
EasyRider:

can you update my timeline plz

thanks
dpenabill View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dpenabill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2014 at 1:09am

Originally posted by ladyangelJ ladyangelJ wrote:

I forgot to mention that they kept the invitation letter, I've seen the question asked before so i thought I'd mention that.

I had the sense that indeed CIC might keep this. In anticipation of my own interview later today (a long, long way from Montreal), I made a copy to keep. Probably of no import, just me being anal my wife would say if she was to say, which she would not (she is the sort who has a hard time hanging up on telemarketers even if she has already said, three times or more, she is not interested -- she's the classical polite Canadian -- eventually she will hang up on them but feel bad for being so rude).

Akroom: While I cannot assert I know with confidence, let alone certainty, my impression is that references to CJ's in GCMS (CIC's record provided in response to the typical ATIP) are not definitive, that it could still go either way, as in perhaps the next step is the oath or it is an in-person meeting with a CJ . . . but for those given RQ after the test, particularly those given RQ a significant amount of time after the test, they are probably more at risk for the case actually going to a hearing. You would probably be wise to revisit what you submitted in response and to prepare for a hearing with a CJ (which may not be required, but you probably want to be prepared), with a view toward recognizing that the burden of proof is on you. Please continue to keep us informed about how things go.

Bureaucracy is what bureaucracy does, or When in doubt, follow the instructions. Otherwise, follow the instructions.

BTW: Not an expert, not a Can. lawyer, never worked in immigration
Akroom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Akroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2014 at 1:19am

Edited by Akroom - 12 Mar 2014 at 1:13pm
dpenabill View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dpenabill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2014 at 1:44am

Originally posted by Akroom Akroom wrote:

I know why i got the RQ it is due to i didn't get a stamp when i entered Canada back in 2007 and i wrote the date wrong (i wrote it 17 instead of 11) but my days counted are more than enough it meets the requirement.Now with submitting the CBSA report i think what was triggered is fulfilled unless they want to make life hard on me.
the question now as i am on my 30 month is the write a mandamus action applicable for me or i have to wait till i get the 36 month?

Why the RQ is a small piece of the pie.

Once there is RQ, CIC will likely examine all aspects of the proof of residency.

Determining if it is time to pursue judicial remedies like Mandamus demands a thorough assessment of all aspects of the case. The amount of time that has elapsed is just one aspect. This is something best discussed with competent, reputable legal counsel experienced in the practice of citizenship law.

Discrepancies in the residency calculation declarations can, indeed, be problematic.

My impression: Once there is a significant discrepancy discerned by CIC, then CIC itself does not usually attempt to recalulate the the days actually physically present. My sense is that they will not, for example, go oh this applicant was off by two weeks but if we subtract two weeks from his residency calculation he is still over the 1095 days APP. Rather, I suspect, CIC identifies the applicant's account of days present as suspect and will often turn it over to the CJ to weigh all the evidence and make any recalulation.

Bureaucracy is what bureaucracy does, or When in doubt, follow the instructions. Otherwise, follow the instructions.

BTW: Not an expert, not a Can. lawyer, never worked in immigration
eileen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eileen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2014 at 9:57am
Originally posted by saannto saannto wrote:

And Eileen - best of luck for your Oath.
Thanks, we will see how it goes.
Originally posted by saannto saannto wrote:

since your file was neatly presented,  if you could share that it would be very helpful for us. how did you present your RQ documents?

1. I organized documents by theme and by event chronology:

a. Travel documentation: Reservations, ticket confirmations, receipts, passport stamps, itineraries, etc
b. Financial: Pay stubs, Records Of Employment, Banking, Credit Card Statements
c. Utilities: Utilities, Car share, diaper delivery receipts (gotta use what you got)
d. Medical: OHIP & RAMQ health records, Pharmacy receipts, Chiropractor receipts, Insurance reimbursements, Dental receipts (I organized all the info, every event, onto a spreadsheet. This allowed me to include explanations, as where I couldn't find the original receipt for a prenatal visit but I had a record of the OHIP reimbursement, and it showed it all together chronologically, thus providing a more coherent view of my physical presence than a huge pile of papers) 

23-Jun-09 OHIP payment for 23-june-09 Dr. C prenatal visit 3550 Chemin Cote-des-Neiges, bureau 700, MTL cannot find orig dr. receipt
27-Jul-09 Receipt for prenatal visit to Royal Victora Hospital the Royal Victoria Hospital, Montreal  
28-Jul-09 Receipt for prenatal visit, Dr. C 3550 Chemin Cote-des-Neiges, bureau 700, MTL  
24-Aug-09 Prenatal visit, Dr. O Clinique VMS, Montreal from RAMQ profil médicaux

e. Education and Daycare: Transcripts, daycare contracts, daycare receipts, tax receipts
f. Rental: Leases, tax documents from landlord (QC), reference to rent checks shown in banking packet

2. Spreadsheets: I made a spreadsheet for each theme (example above). Organized by date, listing document, physical address and names (where I worked for pay stubs, name of doctor, location of clinic, name of pharmacist, location of pharmacy, etc.), explain why it's important (e.g. for bank statements I listed "ATM deposits, withdrawals, debit card usage, checks to landlord")

3. I wrote numbers at the top of the spreadsheets indicating the question they provided documentation for.

One could also make a "taxes" section with T4s, Notices of Assessment and photocopies of the front page of tax returns showing that one declared themselves a resident of Qc or On or wherever.

Edited by eileen - 04 Mar 2014 at 1:27pm
Resources for Future Canadians & their Advocates: http://residencequestionnaire.wordpress.com
Akroom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Akroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2014 at 2:33pm

Edited by Akroom - 12 Mar 2014 at 1:15pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 622623624625626 649>
  Share Topic