Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Canadian Citizenship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Timeline - Montreal office

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 555556557558559 649>
Author
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rqcadet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2013 at 12:24pm
Dear mary,

I guess those common update dates are 1) for e.g- Dec 17, 2012- is the one when all the RQ files started to get transferred to St Clair. So they are showing under the profiles- file section -the 1st time they created our profiles in that office..

The one on Feb 26, 2013 is the one when I guess they have requested for new clearances like Foss & RCMP clearances. ( I got this info when I see Roni's post a little above whrein that date shows as Foss clearance -passed.

Just trying to put the puzzle pieces together to better understand CIC's process of proceeding with RQ received applications ( at & post test) from our ATIP reports
Roni View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2013 at 1:24pm
Originally posted by Rqcadet Rqcadet wrote:

Hey Roni,

Yes, even my certifcate printing shows that kind of personal info all in 1 line.

Did u also get an RQ at test or before test? is ur file also transferred to ST clair office in toronto?

I see u have applied in Nov 2010, then what took u so long to get the test date ?( March 2013)

No i did not transfered my file anywhere  I applied in Montreal and still with Montreal, I hadn't any RQ not pre or in test. but i give some paper to sport my residence due to last passport.

Toke me long because i had requested fingerprint, took me 13 months,

08 NOV 2010 A/R-15 SEP 2011 IN PROCESS26 SEP SEND IT TO/1.March 20133
Roni View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2013 at 1:50pm
I just caled CIC  and the agent told that they send a letter to me this morning. he doesn't know what about. But i told him that my atip shows test result is hearing. am i faild in test. he told me you passed the exam. i want to be sure. he said I am sure you passed. 

I am pretty sure that i passed too, I cross my finger will be ceremony....
:!!!!! 
EasyRider View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EasyRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2013 at 1:57pm
Originally posted by Roni Roni wrote:

I just caled CIC  and the agent told that they send a letter to me this morning. he doesn't know what about. But i told him that my atip shows test result is hearing. am i faild in test. he told me you passed the exam. i want to be sure. he said I am sure you passed. 

Hope it's not RQ. Wish you luck with this letter.
mtlgold View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mtlgold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2013 at 1:59pm
Originally posted by EasyRider EasyRider wrote:

easyrider, my oath is next week, please update my information. I will let you know if i have any problems lol
Roni View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2013 at 2:10pm
After i tolked th agent I understand more my Atip.

Go to the correspondence. and se how many do you have,

I have one for my test and also attach

i think this one gives you a clue. 

mine last update correspondence is 18.07.2013 and attached my my test which is 14.02.2013

this one could be hearing as well but on top i have on top CERTIFICATE1 
is also updated 18.07.2013 and shows that my certificate.

Cross my finger 
Roni View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2013 at 2:11pm
Originally posted by EasyRider EasyRider wrote:

:)) I hope soo,,,, I am positive  its   oath...   :)))\
EasyRider View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EasyRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2013 at 2:20pm
Originally posted by Rakesh_Ravisankar Rakesh_Ravisankar wrote:

With respect to the US Records of Movement, I submitted a request in the FOIA website.
Is that all with respect to the process? Should/ Could we do something to expedite the process?

My request still says Received. You have any idea how much time it will take to complete the request and send the report to us?

Rakesh, when submitting request electronically to CBP you could tick a checkbox to request expedited process, provide a reason and attach supporting documents. It's in a Request Information section after you login to https://foia.cbp.gov/index.aspx?fromlogout=y and create or view your case.
Request Information
[x] Check to Request Expedite
Reason for Expedite Request: ____________
If you haven't done this originally, I'd recommend submitting another request now and mark it as expedited. As a reason provide that you need response urgently to complete Canadian citizenship process. If you weren't asked to provide with CBP records explicitly, you can still scan and submit as a supporting document the 1st page of RQ form with highlighted 2 sections: 1) where you need to provide response within 45 days; and 2) asking for travel records and/or records of movement from countries for which you have a passport or travel document. While "travel document" may be defined by passport/pr card type of documents only, it's actually not well defined (especially CBP has little idea of this process) and visas can be counted in for this purpose too, I think.

If you'll get notification that request was approved as expedited, you can withdraw an original request. I don't think you can modify original request, but, alternatively, you can send a message through a system and request to expedite request. I'm not sure how this works and whether it allows attachments.

I received my CBP response last month and it took 11 months to finalize. However, analyzing CBP logs I see a lot of recent requests from individuals completed within 1-2 months. I suspect these were expedited requests.
EasyRider View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EasyRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2013 at 2:24pm
Originally posted by mtlgold mtlgold wrote:

easyrider, my oath is next week, please update my information. I will let you know if i have any problems lol

Done!
Fabrice35 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fabrice35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2013 at 3:57pm
A little story followed by questions: I'm with a friend and we want to make a trip of 3 days in New York. The friend is Canadian. My friend bought the tickets for this organized trip (all included: bus, hotel room, food, etc.).

So I have gone to the US consulate in Montreal for the visa. Once in the consulate building the day of the appointment, I had an interview. This is the interview: do you have family in Canada? Answer: No, I'm alone here, but I have friends. Do you work? answer: no I don't and I have not received unemployment insurance. How do you live and how will you pay your trip and your bills? answer: With my savings and welfare. It's an organized trip and all included. Here's the tickets and program of visits. But the interviewer did not take a look on all this. He told me that the visa is refused without any explanation. He took my footprints. 

I have also taken 1 month and 15 days vacation outside Canada. I went to see my parents in Africa.

End of story.....

Conclusion: footprints taken; visa refused; 1 month and 15 days in Africa. Is this can affect my Canadian citizenship process? I mean, will I receive RQ (because my footprints have been taken and I guess the files are shared between the US's government and the Canadian's government. Plus my trip in Africa)? Should I prepare myself for the RQ?

Thank you in advance for your answers.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 555556557558559 649>
  Share Topic