Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Canadian Citizenship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Timeline - Montreal office

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 649>
Author
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrstaycation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Timeline - Montreal office
    Posted: 01 Dec 2009 at 12:34am
I thought it would be a good idea to launch a new thread, to discuss the Montreal office timeline.
Here's my timeline as of today:
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 10, 2008.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called A Look at Canada on November 10, 2008. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on March 26, 2009.

Your file was transferred to the Montréal CIC office on April 24, 2009. The Montréal CIC office will contact you if additional information is required. The Montréal CIC office will contact you regarding your citizenship test once all the necessary checks on your file are complete.

We sent you a notice on October 28, 2009 to //myaddress// to appear and write the citizenship test on November 12, 2009 at 12:45 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us. If we have sent the letter to the wrong address, please contact us.

For December merely 1742 will attend oath ceremony!

Good luck every one!!!
ab007 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ab007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2009 at 7:27am
Hi Everyone

My timeline is as follows:

Jan 7th: Application Sent by Mail

Jan 12: Application Received By CIC

July 8th 2009: Processing Started

July 8th 2009: Got a letter requesting documents (Received 12 July)

September 18th 2009 File Transfered to Montreal

Waiting for my Test now....
mrstaycation View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrstaycation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2009 at 7:54pm
Hello Ab007
For most of us, the test letter came after a year since the application reception. I hope you`ll get something next January.
Good Luck
ab007 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ab007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2009 at 6:18am
Hi mrstaycation

thanks for the info....i am also thinking that my test will be in january...

thanks
Antoine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Antoine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2009 at 10:06am
Salut,

Voilà mon timeline:

Dec 31st 2008 Party Application sent by mail

Jan 7th 2009: Application Received By CIC (Sidney)

June 18th 2009: Processing Started

July, 31st 2009: Transfer To CIC Montreal

Still waiting for the citizenship Test
Alltime View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alltime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2009 at 12:07pm
... and my timeline: 

Nov 24th 2008: Application Received By CIC (Sidney)
May 20th 2009: Processing Started
July, 17th 2009: Transfer To CIC Montreal

So... just wait
mrstaycation View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrstaycation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2009 at 2:04am
Hi everyone
For those of you who will have citizenship test, here are some info:
- http://www.yourlibrary.ca/citizenship/  is a very helpful site
- It's useful to prepare the test... my test included questions like: year Nunavut became a territory, or when did the Canadian charter of freedoms and rights become part of the constitution
- For all the questions you have to circle the right answer (4 possible answers: a b c or d) and only one answer is correct (exclusive). For almost all the questions, the suggested wrong answers are obvious, which makes it straight forward to someone who prepared for the test.
- They provide different series of questions, from a row to another, so the guy on your side has a different test
- There's 20 questions, 5 questions by category (4 categories)
- The elections and voting procedures is the most important category. the 1st of the 5 questions it includes, is mandatory to answer correctly, if failed = failed test. My mandatory question was:  What do you mark on a federal election ballot (answer is X ), the other 4 questions of this category were like: who has the right to vote in federal elections... etc
- If you renewed your passport, and your origin country policy is to take back the old one, then it's better to get a photocopy of the old one from your consulate. Otherwise the citizenship officer may ask you more questions and get suspicious.

Any questions Question, feel free to ask
Good luck Wink
ab007 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ab007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2009 at 6:17am
Hi mrstaycation,

That was nice information. I have a question:

My passport is expiring in february 2010 and I dont know whether I will get my test before that. Is it advisable to renew the passport before the test (if the test is after february) or its not required?

Thanks.

Alltime View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alltime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2009 at 9:34am
Yes, you can renew your passport, but ask to keep your old one. If it not possible, just say that it's been lost. You need your first passport on the interview to prove all your absents from Canada . Good luck! Thumbs Up

germ_guz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote germ_guz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2009 at 11:50am
Since this i a new forum here is again my time:

Applied: Nov/17/08
Received: Nov/20/08
Processing: Apr/17/09
Transferred to Montreal: Jun/10/09
Test: Nov/27/09
Oath: Waiting

good luck to everyone!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 649>
  Share Topic