Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Canadian Citizenship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Interview with the inmigration agent?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote christy198112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Interview with the inmigration agent?
    Posted: 29 Mar 2012 at 10:13am
Interview with the inmigration agent the same day of the test is important?

I just took my test yesterday and I think I failed it because I have 6 wrong questions, and it's 15 question correct to pass, but some people say that the interview after you pass the test is very important in order to receive the Oath letter.

Some says that even if you have all the 20 questions but you don't pass the interview you fail anyways.

But in my case do you think if the interviews go well it might help?

Edited by christy198112 - 29 Mar 2012 at 10:15am
xero9 View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xero9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2012 at 10:16am
Out of curiosity, how do you know you got 6 wrong?  I don't know anything about the test process, so I genuinely want to know.  Did you just have a feeling you did poorly, or do they actually give you your score after you complete it?
christy198112 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote christy198112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2012 at 10:38am
I have a feeling because after I went out of the room test I checked all those questions at book.

Edited by christy198112 - 29 Mar 2012 at 10:40am
BlackRacon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackRacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2012 at 12:07pm
Hi christy198112,
They handed us after test a paper (So what happens now?) and it stated that:
If you PASSED you will be notified by mail to attend the citizenship ceremony in 1 - 3 months. If you FAILED you will be notified by mail to interview with CJ in 9 - 12 months.
Racon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote christy198112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2012 at 12:12pm
Hi,

I didn't receive any paper after the test. And the CIC agent just told me if I pass will have news in 2-3 months. Tell me about that paper, thanks

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackRacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2012 at 12:27pm
Hi christy198112,
After we wrote the test in Calgary, the CIC officer handed this document to everyone (So what happens now?). It started with:

PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING CAREFULLY
Today you wrote the Citizenship test:
  • If you PASS this test, you will be notified by mail to attend a Citizenship ceremony in approximately 1 to 3 months.
  • If you FAIL this test, you will be notified by mail in approximately 9 to 12 months to appear for a hearing with a Citizenship Judge for an oral interview.
Racon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote christy198112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2012 at 12:31pm
No, I didn't get that paper...and I didn't see anyone getting that paper here in Montreal.

When did you pass your test, how it was? do you think that interview can help?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackRacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2012 at 1:26pm
Hi christy198112,
I wrote the test on March 16 in Calgary. I did very well. I answered the 20 questions and do not have any concerns. I will try to upload this document (SO what happens now?) here if it is possible.
Racon
XPEH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote XPEH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2012 at 1:42pm
christy198112,
It depends on the testing centre. When I took my test, they didn't give out any such papers. So unless you took it at the same place as BlackRacon, I won't worry about it. I know some users have called CIC and found out from them whether they passed or failed the test. You may try doing that as well.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote christy198112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2012 at 4:09pm
Still nobody answer my question...

Do you think that the interview at test day is more important or can help if you fail the test?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic