Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

PHILIPPINE VISA OFFICE OR ABUDHABI ???

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JAV10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PHILIPPINE VISA OFFICE OR ABUDHABI ???
    Posted: 24 Mar 2012 at 7:52pm
Hi Everyone,,

I would like to know if anyone has the same issue/ case like i do... : I am a Canadian Citizen, i got married in Philippines back in 2009 applied an application for my ex-husband my first marriage didnt work out fine. I submitted the sponsorship application for him on March 2010 and was able to cancel it on May 2010.

I got legally divorced here in Canada last year and got married this year.My husband now works in MidEast and the Visa office that will work on his application is either AbuDhabi or Philippines. The problem is that AbuDhabi takes forever to process the application as per CIC website it takes them 25months to process a spousal application compared to Philippines (9months). 

I am worried that if I send the application to Philippines my previous marriage will be seen and the application will be refused. My ex husband doesnt want to file the foreign divorce so we are not legally divorced in Philippines. Would this affect our application if we send it to Manila? 

If anyone who has the same situation please respond to this !! I DO NEED HELP...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic