Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Canada Revenue

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote britincanada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Canada Revenue
    Posted: 27 Jan 2010 at 2:44pm
Today we received a statement from Canada Revenue to say that they made a mistake in the amount my Husband received for Canada Child Tax Benefit for 2007, they had paid us a National Child Benefit Supplement for a whole year that we were not entitled to, how ever we didn't notice this at the time as we were not the ones that calculated the benefit entitlement! Am I right in thinking thing that I have to delay submitting my application for PR until the money is paid back? The Revenue Agency has given us two options, we repay it at the bank or they can hold our daughters current Canada Child Tax Benefit to cover the cost of the over payment until August.

What bearing will it have on my application if we just decided to let the revenue with hold the CCTB Payments as we do not have the huge chunk of money they over paid us almost 3 years ago!   
App received by CPC-M 1/06/10
Sponsorship approved 29/06/10
In Process 15/07/2010
VISA & PP Recvd 22/09/10
LANDED 29/09/10
ELIGIBLE TO BECOME CITIZEN 4/11/2012
SWEETG View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SWEETG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2010 at 4:36pm
I don't think you have to delay your application until the money is paid back. maybe you guys can come to some sort of payment plan with the Revenue agency and I think they only really want to see your option-C printout and letter from employer. Don't give any more info than what they ask if its not really necessary. i don't think you guys owing the revenue agency will really affect the PR application.
" People think it's holding on that makes you stronger, but sometimes it's letting go."
britincanada View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote britincanada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2010 at 5:37pm
Thank you SWEETG, I guess I am just getting paranoid now, I have been waiting to do this for 4 1/2 years now, and for the Past 8 months I have been itching to get my immigration started. Things keep cropping up over the past few years making it impossible to apply at that moment in time!!  
App received by CPC-M 1/06/10
Sponsorship approved 29/06/10
In Process 15/07/2010
VISA & PP Recvd 22/09/10
LANDED 29/09/10
ELIGIBLE TO BECOME CITIZEN 4/11/2012
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic